Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark_w

Warning Points Query

Are warning points still used?

Because if not (and I ask because in my recent experience they haven't) I really think they should be. It seems a bit silly to have a perfectly good system in place to explain why people have been banned and not use it.

In their heart of hearts I think people know why they've been banned. If they're too thick to work it out they should probably be banned permanently.

It's not for Mark and The Mods (excellent band name) to baby everyone. If you're not a twat you probably won't be banned.

Half the features on the forum are there because Mark was bored and just messing around, to be honest. Others are standard features he probably just can't be arsed removing.

It's a free to use forum hosted and run by one guy as a hobby (albeit with help from a few donations.) It's hardly the end of the world if there's a warning feature that's not really used.

I have two warnings, both from Kokopops, one is for frivolous tooting and the other is for "abusing the mods" (Marsh himself.)

That's how seriously it's taken.

You got banned for being a little too annoying after a game, I'm guessing? And now you've got a bit of a stick up your arse because you're still young enough to take an Internet forum a bit more seriously than you should? You'll get over it bud. Time will heal those tender wounds, I promise.

Half the features on the forum are there because Mark was bored and just messing around, to be honest. Others are standard features he probably just can't be arsed removing.

It's a free to use forum hosted and run by one guy as a hobby (albeit with help from a few donations.) It's hardly the end of the world if there's a warning feature that's not really used.

I have two warnings, both from Kokopops, one is for frivolous tooting and the other is for "abusing the mods" (Marsh himself.)

You got banned for being a little too annoying after a game, I'm guessing? And now you've got a bit of a stick up your arse because you're still young enough to take an Internet forum a bit more seriously than you should? You'll get over it bud. Time will heal those tender wounds, I promise.

I'm not saying it's the end of the world Finners. I figured the whole point of having a user feedback section was so that we could discuss little things like whether the warning system needs to be used more or whether it is redundant. Apologies if you think I've wasted your time.

That frivolous tooting was worthy of a warning!! i remember those days, you tooted with reckless abandon

In their heart of hearts I think people know why they've been banned. If they're too thick to work it out they should probably be banned permanently.

It's not for Mark and The Mods (excellent band name) to baby everyone. If you're not a twat you probably won't be banned.

That's harsh I didn't know why I got banned till I saw the reason.

I'm surprised there's anyone left to post on here.

I'd ban about eighty percent of the forum tbh. Starting with anyone with a number in their name, seriously, how ****ing boring are you?

Ability to punctuate and capitalise is another big one, looking at you, Scouse.

I'd ban about eighty percent of the forum tbh. Starting with anyone with a number in their name, seriously, how ****ing boring are you?

haha how does having a number in your name constitute being boring lol

And now you've got a bit of a stick up your arse because you're still young enough to take an Internet forum a bit more seriously than you should? You'll get over it bud. Time will heal those tender wounds, I promise.

lol

Mod's, surely this deserves a third warning point for exceeding the forum level of inflammatory patronisation?

Just so boring. Looks like a large percentage of the forum did not meet the standards of this forum. A number in a username, among everything else that goes on within this forum, is terrible.

Archived