Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Smuts' NFL Thread

I went back 2 pages and couldn't find last years NFL Thread so I thought I'd start a new thread for the coming season.

What are people's thoughts on the free agency madness already?

Jimmy Graham to Seahawks.

Brandon Marshall to the Jets.

Bradford and Foles trade between Eagles and Rams.

DeMarco Murray to Eagles

Ndamukong Suh to Dolphins

Who do we think will be number 1 pick in the draft this year?

Jay Cutler, Why?

And most importantly - who's excited for Fantasy Football returning? And who will go number 1 this year?

Edited by General Smuts

Graham to Seahawks stands out for me. Think they will go the distance this year as he will offer something that they've been missing.

Very quiet for the Packers so far with the main news being that Cobb has thankfully signed on again.

Main thing to note so far though...... The Bears still suck!

Graham to Seahawks stands out for me. Think they will go the distance this year as he will offer something that they've been missing.

Very quiet for the Packers so far with the main news being that Cobb has thankfully signed on again.

Main thing to note so far though...... The Bears still suck!

Thompson steadfastly refuses to play the free agency market so that wasn't a shock at all that the Packers did feck all. Same way that the Ravens will only ever draft and will stock up on mid round picks in free agency rather than go after veterans.

The Bears will suck again this year while we transition under the new GM and HC and the lack of expectation while we revert back to our defensive roots should help the team. If we can be truly shit this season and get a nice early draft pick we can shed Cutler (providing there's a stand out QB talent) and have a chance of playoffs in 2016/7. Building the front around Kyle Long the attacking threat around Alshon Jeffrey and the D around Kyle Fuller is a necessity. Filling in the pieces around those 3 with talent like Martellus Bennett, Matt Forte and stop gaps like Pernell McPhee and Antrell Rolle look like it should be the right call.

Yeah, Ravens wont take any free agents this year. They have had some good veterans in the past though (names escaping, of course).

They made some bad trades in the last 2-3 years. Anquin Boldin was unreal, and they let him go. He hasn't been replaced. They wont replace Lewis or Rice. And Suggs was great but is getting on.

Flacco got a worldy with his contract. Shame he is pretty rubbish really.

Who do you support Smuts?

Edit: I've just seen Ngata has gone, that is huge. (he is huge). It is going to take years for the Ravens to build again.

Edited by Merging Cultures

I'm a Bears fan.

I like the way the Ravens do business in the same way I regrettably like how the Packers go about it. Using the draft as a talent infusion rather than overpaying for veterans who 'should' have a few years left in the tank.

It pains me to say that since the Packers have no real needs to draft other than at ILB and because the WR depth in this draft is insane they'll only get better this season.

• 1 month later...

i do love watching NFL. I have always been a patriots fan and ive always wanted to get more into it and do the fantasy side too! i will be up for giving this a go if someone could give me a crash course or some help that would be great.

speaking for my team. i cant see us winning the superbowl again this season. i believe the decline will start now. 

Eurgh Hardy has been banned for 10 matches. Cowboys needs to do very well in the draft to stay competitive in the division.

I know some of these guys have odd names, but seriously what were his parents thinking calling him Eurgh?