Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Charl91

Star Wars Battlefront

1 hour ago, dmayne7 said:

Been blown all out of proportion. They dropped the credits needed by 75% and obviously this was going to happen. They're giving everyone free content updates so it doesn't divide the community. They're a business so obviously they were going to find a way to milk money from the game. Not sure what people expect.

Good, it's about time a stand was made about this continued practice from the games industry.

Once upon a time you could buy a game and it would be finished Instead of requiring huge day one updates in order to be playable, the progression system would be fair without further financial investment and the game would be complete and not require updates. Oh and if you wanted to buy and upgrade you could just buy it, instead buying a loot box and having to cross your fingers in hope you get what you want and end up with dog shit 90% of the time.

All of this and by all account the game isn't actually an improvement on the original. Beggars belief. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Good, it's about time a stand was made about this continued practice from the games industry.

Once upon a time you could buy a game and it would be finished Instead of requiring huge day one updates in order to be playable, the progression system would be fair without further financial investment and the game would be complete and not require updates. Oh and if you wanted to buy and upgrade you could just buy it, instead buying a loot box and having to cross your fingers in hope you get what you want and end up with dog shit 90% of the time.

All of this and by all account the game isn't actually an improvement on the original. Beggars belief. 

Seems all the kids want to do nowadays is hack virtual chunks out of each other, whether in combat, or the race track or on a sports field.

I'm of a generation that played games solo and the best games were ones that created a wonderful world that drew you in and immersed you, that challenged you to beat the game. Now the game is a spotty twelve-year old from Tallahassee whose bought all the gold packs and is going to zone camp you to death, not cos it's fun, but because it somehow makes him think he's better than you.

I'll wait for The Last Of Us 2, thank you very much.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Captain... said:

Just been reading around this and I did laugh at this quote:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2-dev-is-incredibly-saddened/1100-6454992/

Heaven forbid that players grind for credits to get an advantage, when they can just buy them...

Pay full price for a game and you can't even do whatever you want. 

I hear they have taken off the micro-transactions for now. EA are most likely going to put them back in after they sell a bunch of copies at Christmas..

2 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Pay full price for a game and you can't even do whatever you want. 

I hear they have taken off the micro-transactions for now. EA are most likely going to put them back in after they sell a bunch of copies at Christmas..

They have taken a battering over this and the head of Disney phoned them to say WTF. I think MTX will come back but with cosmetics only in the loot crates you can purchase.

It's a good step I suppose they have removed the Microtransactions, but we all know they'll bring them back to the game once the hype has died down.

Gamers have done well at making a stand on this awful, awful business model. It really annoys me when companies get Lazy and throw in a loot box system rather than actually have a proper game progression system. I still don't like the fact there are loot boxes in Star Wars Battlefront, as it still, for me, seems lazy when they could have built a proper progress system into the game. 

26 minutes ago, Adster said:

It's a good step I suppose they have removed the Microtransactions, but we all know they'll bring them back to the game once the hype has died down.

Gamers have done well at making a stand on this awful, awful business model. It really annoys me when companies get Lazy and throw in a loot box system rather than actually have a proper game progression system. I still don't like the fact there are loot boxes in Star Wars Battlefront, as it still, for me, seems lazy when they could have built a proper progress system into the game. 

I get the thinking behind loot boxes, it adds a random element so you don't get a guaranteed advantage by grinding out credits/points and a casual gamer can get a boost.

Does COD still have the prestige approach where you power up and upgrade to maximum then start from scratch again? I liked that approach.

On 16/11/2017 at 17:25, Trav Le Bleu said:

Seems all the kids want to do nowadays is hack virtual chunks out of each other, whether in combat, or the race track or on a sports field.

I'm of a generation that played games solo and the best games were ones that created a wonderful world that drew you in and immersed you, that challenged you to beat the game. Now the game is a spotty twelve-year old from Tallahassee whose bought all the gold packs and is going to zone camp you to death, not cos it's fun, but because it somehow makes him think he's better than you.

I'll wait for The Last Of Us 2, thank you very much.

I've only just seen this post but if I could like it ten times I would.

(Though a little thing to add: if the aforementioned spotty kid actually does lose despite using the parents credit card to win, he'll then try to call the cops on you if you're a guy and some up with some imaginative rape threats if you're a girl. Cause it's very serious.)

• 1 month later...

Been playing battlefront2 since Christmas since I set my self up a new man cave in the spare room. 

Massive Star Wars fan so to would probably play anything connected but I am enjoying it a lot at the moment. 

Is anyone still playing though as it would be great to have some group online games. 

Im on PS4 and name is boldie40