Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mortified Penguin

Union FS tifo display

Searched ' best stadium tifo ' on you tube and that popped up.

Quite surprised how laid back the fireman and guards were, must happen week in week out to be so slow in dealing with it.

It's actually the Belgrade derby this weekend. So probably more of the same!

Would do anything to be going to it.

It's an Italian word. Don't think it actually means anything? Just a word used to describe supporting your team

Beat me to it!

It's taken from the Italian verb tifare which means "to support" As with all Italian verbs there's a billion ways to say them.My mates in Italy used to say tifi tifi Gary,it took me a while to realise they where asking me who I followed.

Yeah but whats tifo stand for?

Or is it a European word meaning something?

I'm intrigued.

These things are on foil, yeah?

Could it not just be a contraction of Tin Foil?

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

Thank you for all your positive comments! Thought it was important to respond to a few of the points raised so here goes:

Potential donations – the group itself has funded this fan choreography in its entirety. In fact the group actually contributed more than the cost of the display, so there is already a pot running for the next one. Of course, we would welcome donations from all and allow each contributor a say on potential future tifos but implementing a fair system that works logistically is still a work in progress. More on this to come.

Assistance on the day – we’ve got 20 people from the group helping out on the day, but we could always do with more. Thank you to those who have offered to help – it would be greatly appreciated if you could make it! Please e-mail [email protected] or PM us on here and we will confirm details.

• Like 3

Thank you for all your positive comments! Thought it was important to respond to a few of the points raised so here goes:

Potential donations – the group itself has funded this fan choreography in its entirety. In fact the group actually contributed more than the cost of the display, so there is already a pot running for the next one. Of course, we would welcome donations from all and allow each contributor a say on potential future tifos but implementing a fair system that works logistically is still a work in progress. More on this to come.

Assistance on the day – we’ve got 20 people from the group helping out on the day, but we could always do with more. Thank you to those who have offered to help – it would be greatly appreciated if you could make it! Please e-mail [email protected] or PM us on here and we will confirm details.

Yeah, come on you young lads, volunteer and help out FFS. By the time I arrive (0800 if all goes well) I wanna see everything done so I can go get some breakfast. At my age, walking up and down the stand for a couple of hours is not an option.

Do you still need volunteers? I'll send you an email if so.