Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Questions from a Newcastle fan

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="foxfanazer" data-cid="3390833" data-time="1430304498"><p>Just been asked to post these questions from a Newcastle fan that can't post yet 1 – Do you think that you will stay up this season? What about Newcastle?50:50Yes - you've got 4 more points in the bag. That's the difference. 2 – Nigel Pearson is a controversial character at times, do you like him? And has he done a good job this year?Like him as a person, and character, but imo we are in the shit because he's been too cautious for the vast majority of the season - too worried about the opposition, rather than playing to our strengths 3 – Will Pearson still be in charge next season regardless of whether you survive or not?Yes if we survive, but he should be sacked if we go down4 – If you could choose three teams to go down, who would it be? QPR DERBY FOREST (or sensible like...QPR, Villa Burnley)5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?Socrates. He'd bring the Havanas6 – Have you enjoyed your first season back in the top flight? Or is the Championship more entertaining?It was shit until a month ago, but now on the improve, though the stress levels now are so dangerously high a ticket should come with a health warning.7 – If your club was a fruit, what fruit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?Whatever!8 – If you do stay up, what do you need to do in the summer to ensure you aren't involved in another relegation battle?Buy defenders that don't continually score own goals, and get rid of Konchesky, Morgan and Upson and Schwarzer - all too old at this level.9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle this season?You've had a mare. Should be giving the team more support however, but bricking windows of Sports Direct

1 – Do you think that you will stay up this season? What about Newcastle?
Too tight to call at the moment - I hope so but I don't think either way is particularly certain. Newcastle - if the season were 2/3 games longer you'd be gone, as it is 35 should be enough

2 – Nigel Pearson is a controversial character at times, do you like him? And has he done a good job this year?
Love him, he's a lot funnier and more astute than people give him credit for. Job has been ok, it's been fine margins to an extent but we've been competitive and scared the big teams, a bit more nous and we're well set to become more of a Stoke - comfortably midtable

3 – Will Pearson still be in charge next season regardless of whether you survive or not?
I'd say so - owners seem to have a lot of faith in him

4 – If you could choose three teams to go down, who would it be? 

Harry Kane FC, Sherwood FC and Liverpool

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?
Marcin Wasilewski

6 – Have you enjoyed your first season back in the top flight? Or is the Championship more entertaining?

It's been a tough slog but games like 5-3 Man Utd make it all worth while

7 – If your club was a fruit, what fruit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?
Biscuit: Digestive. Looked over against it's noisier neighbours but much better.

8 – If you do stay up, what do you need to do in the summer to ensure you aren't involved in another relegation battle?
Sign Huth, new left-back, bit more training on staying focused for the full 90

9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle this season?
Think you've been atrocious tbh.

10 – Scoreline prediction? 

2-0 Leicester

Yes, but it's not certain. Think NUFC have enough points to scrape by with one or two draws, which you'll get. TBH, it might be better for the club to go down-if you keep just surviving, Ashley will probably stick around and put nowt in...

2 – Nigel Pearson is a controversial character at times, do you like him? Love him. Love the way he handles himself and the media. And has he done a good job this year? He's done ok. McArthur was not a good moment for him, but since then he's been great. Performance wise we have been ok for most of the season, but it seems he's learnt a bit more tactically since March. He'll be a lot better next year, hopefully with us in this division...

3 – Will Pearson still be in charge next season regardless of whether you survive or not?

Hard to say. Hope so.

4 – If you could choose three teams to go down, who would it be? Realistically, QPR, Sunderland, Villa.

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why? Jamie Redknapp, as long as he brings his missus.

6 – Have you enjoyed your first season back in the top flight? Or is the Championship more entertaining? It's been better than I thought it would be. The Championship is underrated, and it was fun last year, but I want to stay up.

7 – If your club was a fruit, what fruit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Hmm. A cherry, and cos it's made by Fox's, respectively.

8 – If you do stay up, what do you need to do in the summer to ensure you aren't involved in another relegation battle? Keep Huth and Cambiasso. Buy fullbacks, one more winger and a centre mid, and keep the faith should we lose a couple...

9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle this season? Sad to see such lack of ambition, and lack of effort from supposed professionals. Seems that Pardew wasn't the problem...

10 – Scoreline prediction? 2-0 Leicester

Just been asked to post these questions from a Newcastle fan that can't post yet

2 – Nigel Pearson is a controversial character at times, do you like him? And has he done a good job this year?

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?

6 – Have you enjoyed your first season back in the top flight? Or is the Championship more entertaining?

7 – If your club was a fruit, what fruit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit?

8 – If you do stay up, what do you need to do in the summer to ensure you aren't involved in another relegation battle?

1) I think its possible, to be honest judging a lot of our performances this season we shouldn't even be involved in this relegation scrap. Whats let us down as been not putting away our chances which have cost us, along with that a few bizarre tactical decisions. On Newcastle... I think they should be fine but there recent form and performances have been terrible, a club of that stature should be aiming higher up the table with an ambitious chairman and a good manager. Knowing Ashley though, he'll probably appoint Carver in the summer.

2 & 3) As a manager he's very good but this year he's made some poor tactical decisions. Personally I've never been keen on his attitude, telling a fan to "f*u*c*k off and die" is an absolute disgrace. If he keeps Leicester up though he probably deserves another season, but I expect a lot better next season.

4) If we stay up then no doubt he'll still be here, if we go down then I still think he'll be here. It appears he has a great relationship with the owners.

QPR, Hull and Sunderland.

5) Steph Houghton!

6) The good thing about the premier greed is the cracking away trips, the idea of having a season ticket to a premier league club is so exciting. The Championship is a great league full of excitement and lots of goals, but it's a league you can easily get trapped in for seasons.

7) Jaffa Cake always tasty.

8) Bring in more quality and look to offload some of the aged players.

9) Very jammy tbh this season, from what I've seen on the tv of them they've looked really poor. A lot of changes are needed next season otherwise there in trouble especially manager wise. If only Ashley sold up and was to get lost then I'd think the club would do much better.

10) 4-0 Leicester!

Personally I've never been keen on his attitude, telling a fan to "f*u*c*k off and die" is an absolute disgrace.

Wrong - the fans who go and give out streams of abuse within earshot for 90 minutes deserve some back - if you can't say it to someones face and take it back then you shouldn't be saying it to start with.

Just been asked to post these questions from a Newcastle fan that can't post yet

1 – Do you think that you will stay up this season? What about Newcastle? I think we will stay up and send the mackems down, which you lot will enjoy  :) and newcastle wont go down as the bottom 3 have too much to do to reach them.

2 – Nigel Pearson is a controversial character at times, do you like him? And has he done a good job this year? I like him but he doesn't help himself at times, a few weeks back he would be classed as having a shocking season, now its seen as good IMO, so much can change in a few weeks.

3 – Will Pearson still be in charge next season regardless of whether you survive or not? Yes without a doubt

4 – If you could choose three teams to go down, who would it be? Current bottom 3 maybe villa down instead but don't care who in place of

5 – If you could have one football player, past or present, live in your spare room who would it be and why?  Chris Wood, I was born in NZ and support Leicester I LOVE THE GUY not given much of a chance cause lets face it he's not prem quality.

6 – Have you enjoyed your first season back in the top flight? Or is the Championship more entertaining? I've enjoyed it, a lot of lows but when you win the feeling is much more rewarding than the championship.

7 – If your club was a fruit, what fruit would it be? And why would it be that biscuit? Custard cream because we are underrated just like custard creams

8 – If you do stay up, what do you need to do in the summer to ensure you aren't involved in another relegation battle? invest in good defenders, huth permo is crucial and a good LB is severely needed

9 – What are your thoughts on Newcastle this season? Poor, Ashley is a **** no doubt about it but the players do not replicate the fans passion and the fans have been betrayed by players and staff. Players are of poor quality also, In attack you are a shambles although De Jong looked to be a big miss, decent player.

10 – Scoreline prediction? going to go with 2-1 Leicester, In truth I would say more but we play today, one of the first games this season that I'm sure we will win it although you are due a win.

The team are playing well at the right time of the season so I am pretty hopeful we will survive, very much deserved if we do. Newcastle will probably just survive but deserve to go down for the fans shoddy treatment of Alan Pardew (that worked out well by the way).

I find it hard not to like him. He has always done a cracking job for us, this season is no different.

Pearson will be at Leicester until he decides to leave.

Liverpool for not even having enough ability to beat Dull City, Dull City and Newcastle. Realistically Burnley and QPR look to have a tough job to stay up now and Sunderland seem to be struggling, let's hope we are not in a charitable mood when we play up there.

My spare room is taken by Michael Holding. 

Sure have. Watching Bournemouth the other day reminded me of the sheer elation promotion to Premier League brings. If we stay in the Premier League it is sad to think we won't feel that sort of elation again, but that's the trade of I guess. The quality is better in the Premier League but damn you can't say the Championship isn't entertaining. What a ride that was.

Err is this some sort of Geordie thing? I don't know Ant and Dec!

Messi, Neymar and Suarez seem to have helped Barcelona. In all seriousness if we survive I think next season will bring more of the same no matter who we buy. I expect mid table finishes a few years down the line.

Don't know what to make of them really. I thought we had some of the most ridiculous moaners for fans until your lot got Pardew sacked. Newcastle fans seem to believe they have some divine right to have a wonderful attacking football team. Just because you get 55,000 in each game doesn't mean you should be the best. It just means you have lots of fans. You have some decent players but you lost a decent manager and have been left with Carver, who seems to care passionately about the club (which Geordies like), but appears clueless at winning football games. If I were a Newcastle fan I would be disappointed with the season but I would be just as disappointed at my fellow fans.

Based on form we should romp it. Newcastle are in a bad way but I'm sure it was the same for the reverse fixture which we lost to an Obertan strike (has he scored since?). Hopefully history doesn't repeat itself and we take the three.

1. Yeh think we'll both stay up

2. He's God. But will have only completed his job IF we stay up.

3.He'll be gone if we stay up.Still here if we go down

4. Hull QPR Villa

5. Cambiasso so I can nosh him off

6. I've enjoyed winning the last few. Losing every week and being subject to shite refereeing decisions and being unlucky is crap. I also miss midweek games!

7.Eh?

8. Probably another winger and full back. Assuming we sign Huth permanently.

9. Sorry but I can't stand them- any season. The way you winge and moan anyone would think you're Liverpool. Your fan base is huge granted but that alone doesn't mean you're entitled to win anything. I'm glad we have the fans we do as if NP was manager of Newcastle and you were in our predicament in January you'd have hounded him out.

10. Must win game for us. But you've got to start winning at some point haven't you? 2-1 to the Geordies

I think we will, and we'll do it dramatically against either Sunderland or QPR. Newcastle I think will stay up due to the points already on board.

I do like him. A good job? Hard to say at this stage. I expected him to do better personally, but there you go. However, if he does keep us up, then he's ultimately achieved our aim, although not without a massive scare and many controversial incidents along the way. I thought he was a dead man walking after the Hull game but he's done very well since then.

A few weeks ago I'd have said not, but at least he's starting to finally demonstrate that he might not be useless at this level after all, so I think he'll stay.

My hatred of Villa has truly returned this season as I suspected it would, and Tim Sherwood is the new media darling, what a ****. QPR represent everything wrong about the Premier League and seeing them binned out of it again would make me very happy. Hull to me are about as dull as it gets, and I don't think many would miss them, so those three. There are a lot of sides I'd like to see binned out though. The likes of yourselves and Sunderland, the latter in-particular have stunk the league out for a while.

Ronaldinho. I could say I lived with Ronaldinho. Can anyone top that? I think not.

It's been massively frustrating for large parts, but on its day it is special. From beating Man Utd 5-3 after being two goals down twice, to waiting for ages for games to then lose 0-1 at home to some no-marks you used to beat in the Championship who've adapted to the league better than you have.

I quite liked the Kiwi shout earlier up.

Make sure we do whatever to retain the way we play the most effectively. Buy Huth permanently. Be less sentimental. Improve the defence and midfield. Become better at set pieces and other methods that allow you to pinch results, something we very seldom do. I personally think in terms of our overall play we're well clear of the bottom three. We aren't the prettiest side, but we're dangerous, the problem is we've been absolute shite in front of both goals all season and it's the results that count.

Just one year closer to the inevitable relegation. I know a couple of Newcastle fans so I'm more sympathetic with your fans than most. Mike Ashley is a disgrace and your protests should be fiercer, and your statements bigger. It's easy to stop going when you're losing every week. If you don't turn up on your first game next season, the message will get through. As a team? Honestly? Dreadful. Bailed out of relegation by one excellent run, other than that you've been about as poor as anyone in the league. Beating relegation should not be celebrated for a club like Newcastle. For me you ought to be at least at the level of Spurs. Oh, I don't like Pardew either, nor do I think Carver's anything but a total clown who is miles out of his depth.

Given what I've said in number 9? 0-0 draw. It's what Leicester do. I've got a horrible feeling about this game.

Just about, it’ll be tight but I can see 37 points being enough. So that’s 2 more wins, and with 3 at home and our other game being at Sunderland we should have enough to survive. The Sunderland away game will probably define the season though.

I love Nigel, he can be a divisive character and factions of our fan base have never taken to him and probably never will. I think the guys a genius. I’m in my early 30’s so my Leicester love affair started with the Brian Little era and peaked during the O’Neill golden period. Pearson is by far the closest anyone has come to replicate those incredible days of the late 90’s. I think this year he has struggled at times, especially the winless run in October / November. However since Boxing Day, bar Stoke and Hull at home, we’ve played very well. The results are now starting to come and hopefully it’s a sign of things to come.

I hope so, he will learn and we will be better. We have competed very well in our first season back in the prem. If we continue to improve the squad there is no reason why we can’t stabilise over the next couple of season and then look to kick on again. We have a great infrastructure in place with a good academy and a promising crop of youngsters. Great owners, and the basis of a good Premier League squad. Pearson for me is the best man to take us forward. Not contemplating going down.

Teams in the current battle would be,

QPR

Burnley

Sunderland

Dream relegation scenario.

Liverpool

Stoke

QPR

Probably George Best in his heyday, could you imagine him as your wingman! Or Jaime Vardy. Heard he throws a good party.

I never want to go back to the championship, if we have to play Barnsley at home one more time I might scream. People complain about the Premier League being soulless but it’s really not. Last season in the championship was one of my favourite seasons as a Leicester fan, but I’m old enough to know they’re not all like that. A mid-table or relegation battle in the championship is the epitome of shitness. I grew up with Premier League football at the Filbert Street; it’s where we belong in my opinion.

A miracle fruit (they exist!) If we stay up after how the table looked on April the 3rd it would be a bloody miracle.

Strengthen defensively. A left back is a must, Konch has seen better days and Schlupp is a left midfielder not a left back. We need to permanently sign Robert Huth + 1 more centre back and I’m not convinced by either of our right backs at this level. I’d like to add another centre mid into the mix too. Especially if the footballing god that is Cambiasso leaves at the end of his 1 year deal. I’ve got enough faith in current attacking quartet to get goals. We don’t need an overhaul, just a bit of tweaking in key areas.

Honestly, I feel sorry for the fans but you have to be careful what you wish for. You’re so vociferous in your dislike of Mike Ashley it seems to me the fans energies are channeled in the wrong areas. There seems to be a bit of a poison atmosphere around the club and it is having an effect on the pitch. I have nothing against Newcastle, I think you’re a great club with passionate fans, but the tail end of this season does remind me of the season you were relegated. I hope you do stay up, I couldn’t get to St James earlier in the season and I want to go there next year.

I hate predicting scores because I’m always wrong, but I can’t see anything other than a 2-0 Leicester win.

Difficult to say. I think we will but it will be very tight. Will probably go down to the last game of the season. Newcastle should be just about ok.

He may be controversial at times, but he is certainly entertaining. I like him a lot because he's not afraid to speak his mind and like me he doesn't suffer fools gladly. As for the job he's done this year, its a mixed bag. He has masterminded some great results (5-3 Man Utd) but also lost or drawn winnable games like Burnley (h). If he keeps us up I would say he's done a fantastic job.  

I hope and pray he is whatever the position. Not every bad result this season has been his fault and I'm sure he'll have gained a lot more managerial experience which will be very important to us next season.

Aston Villa (no love for them at all), Sunderland (a blight on the premier league) and Hull (just don't like them)

Oh I don't know. Probably Jamie Vardy just because I think he's a very nice guy.  

Those awful results and being rock bottom for a long time has certainly made it a stressful time for me. The last few results have put the smile back on my face however. I would say that the season has been one of mixed bags. (wouldn't want to drop to the championship though)

A strawberry most likely. Mostly because I really like them and will have them any time.

Ideally bring in another defender, midfielder and striker. Something of everything really, just to have a larger panel.

I'd like to know why you wanted Pardew gone. It hasn't done ye any good at all, hence your poor results. However I do think you will improve and will survive in the premier league for another season.

Leicester 2-1 Newcastle. We do need to win this one and I think we'll just edge it.

Archived