Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Christoph

Witcher 3

Anyone getting this game? Preordered it a month back...absolutley loved the 2nd game. Easily my favourite action rpg game. It's got the perfect balance of action and role playing. Like a better version of assassins creed in my opinion. 

The second game was decent.

This looks great and I will pick it up over the summer months at some point. As far as preorders go, it's reached 1 million.

There's a fair amount of naughty stuff in it as well lol

I cant find it for cheaper than 45. It's 46 on the ps store. It'll probably hold that price for a while too, Project Cars has gone up in price for example since release. This will prove to be very popular as well no doubt.

Anyone know if I would need to play the previous ones or are the storys not related?

I don't think the story will be that related, a bit like Dragon Age with that it is set in the same world as previous games. 

This http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/35fz2u/the_witcher_a_complete_recap_of_the_first_two/is a good read and will give you an idea what happened in the first two. 

I'm so tempted to buy Witcher at launch, it seems similar to Skyrim which I enjoyed a lot. 

I don't think the story will be that related, a bit like Dragon Age with that it is set in the same world as previous games.

This http://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/35fz2u/the_witcher_a_complete_recap_of_the_first_two/is a good read and will give you an idea what happened in the first two.

I'm so tempted to buy Witcher at launch, it seems similar to Skyrim which I enjoyed a lot.

That's encouraging. I enjoyed Skyrim but I'm not really a massive RPG nut. Fallout and Skyrim are about my only forays into the RPG world - both of which I enjoyed immensely

It has much better fighting than assassins creed. Far more difficult, you really need to have a sound strategy or you will get your arse handed to you. I played through some of Witcher 2 but never finished it. Certainly one of the best RPG experiences I have had.

The fighting is much more akin to the dark souls games, if you don't use your brain you get punished. Leveling up doesn't necessarily make the game less difficult, especially if you just button bash. This is what sets it apart from games like dragon age.

Decent preview here

Edited by MrSpaM
  • Like 1

If you pre order on PS4, does it download in advance and then just "unlock" on the day?

Yeh, I think you even get to play it a bit earlier because it unlocks the same time as it does in america

Edited by MrSpaM

just spent 45 minutes watching trailers and previews of this

be crazy not to buy it!

id advise anyone who cant spare £45 on a game right now not to look into this game

Trust it to start hammering it down with rain as im about to leave the office to walk to Rugby town centre to buy this. Oh well a bit of rain wont hurt anyone. Anyone else picking this up today?

Think I've got it for my birthday today. I feel like a small child trying to show restraint  lol