Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Christoph

Witcher 3

Trust it to start hammering it down with rain as im about to leave the office to walk to Rugby town centre to buy this. Oh well a bit of rain wont hurt anyone. Anyone else picking this up today?

It's all ready to go on my PS4, but I've not had time to start it yet. Maybe tonight after the kids are in bed...

I went Game and traded in 4 games and got £48 towards it. Then i had £10 on my reward card. The game and season pass was £65 so i only spent £7 of my own money. Delighted with that. Gonna start installing it when i get home and have a blast after Hells Kitchen. Cant miss Hells Kitchen :thumbup:

might go and pick this up, how many hrs gameplay we talking?

100+ from what I've read, with all the side quests etc

The developers said that but the reviews tended to say after 100-150 hours they still had hundreds of unexplored icons on the map and blank sections where they haven't even travelled. Insane.

Was told it took hours to install so put it straight on when i got home. I was playing the tutorial within 5 mins. I turned it off though with the intention of playing last night but didnt get round to it. Is there any install process after the tutorial or is my PS4 just rapid?

Was told it took hours to install so put it straight on when i got home. I was playing the tutorial within 5 mins. I turned it off though with the intention of playing last night but didnt get round to it. Is there any install process after the tutorial or is my PS4 just rapid?

It doesnt take very long to install at all, not sure where you've heard that from. Was playing it within ten minutes of putting the disc in, and that was after also downloading the day 1 patch.

Great game so far, i've noticed some hurrendous slowdown in the cutscenes at certain points but other than that i'm really enjoying it. Reminds me a lot of red dead redemption in some ways. The map for the second region i've got to is absalutly huge!

It doesnt take very long to install at all, not sure where you've heard that from. Was playing it within ten minutes of putting the disc in, and that was after also downloading the day 1 patch.

Great game so far, i've noticed some hurrendous slowdown in the cutscenes at certain points but other than that i'm really enjoying it. Reminds me a lot of red dead redemption in some ways. The map for the second region i've got to is absalutly huge!

Friend of mine said it took hours to install. Unless its an Xbox thing. Cant wait to give it a proper go later. I didnt like Red Dead Redemption so i hope its not like that

Friend of mine said it took hours to install. Unless its an Xbox thing. Cant wait to give it a proper go later. I didnt like Red Dead Redemption so i hope its not like that

It's definatly an Xbox One thing, it's a pretty common issue with most games on it. The only reason I mentioned RDR is that the horse riding is similar, and the maps are open in a similar way. The amount of sidequests and other stuff to do is a little overwhelming tbh but I've mostly just been doing the story missions.

Edited by MrSpaM

It's definatly an Xbox One thing, it's a pretty common issue with most games on it. The only reason I mentioned RDR is that the horse riding is similar, and the maps are open in a similar way. The amount of sidequests and other stuff to do is a little overwhelming tbh but I've mostly just been doing the story missions.

I love having loads of sidequests. I will be smashing them mostly before continuing the story. Just want to finish work now and go play on it :thumbup:

Played an hour last night. Had a slight lag in the scene with the Griffin but other than that its been fine. Really enjoying it and done my first side quest helping out the blacksmith.

The controls feel a bit iffy though. Sure i will get used to it though.

Little problem i have at the moment is the menu screens. The words are so small i had to get up and stand nearer the TV just to read it. I was playing late at night though so i may have just been tired.

Will give it another go tonight. Good start and i know once i get to the nitty gritty i will love it.

Anybody play the card game Gwent. Love card games inside a game. I will look to master that aswel

Played an hour last night. Had a slight lag in the scene with the Griffin but other than that its been fine. Really enjoying it and done my first side quest helping out the blacksmith.

Little problem i have at the moment is the menu screens. The words are so small i had to get up and stand nearer the TV just to read it. I was playing late at night though so i may have just been tired.

Will give it another go tonight. Good start and i know once i get to the nitty gritty i will love it.

Anybody play the card game Gwent. Love card games inside a game. I will look to master that aswel

I echo much of this. Have really enjoyed it so far, the side missions are brilliant and the world is very immersive. But I am struggling with the controls a bit, especially in the heat of a battle and also confused by the updgrades and skill trees and stuff. But I suppose I'll get the hang of it eventually.

Had a glitch on a side mission where I got killed at the climax of the mission, but when I reloaded it went back to the start of the side quest but with no means of completing it (as if it had already been done?)

Little problem i have at the moment is the menu screens. The words are so small i had to get up and stand nearer the TV just to read it. I was playing late at night though so i may have just been tired.

The analogue sticks do seem a bit sensitive until you get used to it. I changed the sensitivity of the right-stick in the menu and that seems to have helped. 

As for Gwent; looks overwhelming at first but its actually pretty simple and surprisingly strategic. The classic, easy to pick up, hard to master applies.