Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Christoph

Witcher 3

lol in no way at any point have i thought you were picking on me. You really are a strange one. Anyway back to the game. Getting a few hours into it now. Really starting to enjoy it. My main hate is the size of the text on the menu screens. I also had it crash on me once has anyone else had an issue?

Going to have a blast on it tonight.

I decided to re start last night mainly due to be being stuck by being under prepared. Going to take my time before rushing on with the main story. The game looks superb (PS4 version - can't vouch for X360 or PC). The world seems very well designed and begs to be explored.

About 6 hours play time for me now and I have to say this is the best game I have played for a long long time, the amount of detail that has gone into the world is crazy. I haven't got bored for 1 second  yet loads to do!!!

Just got past the griffin and it felt like a battle when I eventually managed to beat it.

Im playing on the 2nd hardest difficulty and finding it fun!

About 6 hours play time for me now and I have to say this is the best game I have played for a long long time, the amount of detail that has gone into the world is crazy. I haven't got bored for 1 second  yet loads to do!!!

Just got past the griffin and it felt like a battle when I eventually managed to beat it.

Im playing on the 2nd hardest difficulty and finding it fun!

I had a good 3 hours on it last night. Did a bit more of the main story. I find myself still a low level though so ive decided to go back and just go exploring. Its crucial to explore so as to get the extra ability points. Found some great weapons and armor hidden away aswel.

I agree this is the best game ive played in a long time. Still hate the size of the text in the menus though. Find myself standing up in front of the TV when im crafting or doing alchemy.

Annoys me aswel ive got quests that recommends you to be level 30+ and im only level 4 lol

I had a good 3 hours on it last night. Did a bit more of the main story. I find myself still a low level though so ive decided to go back and just go exploring. Its crucial to explore so as to get the extra ability points. Found some great weapons and armor hidden away aswel.

I agree this is the best game ive played in a long time. Still hate the size of the text in the menus though. Find myself standing up in front of the TV when im crafting or doing alchemy.

Annoys me aswel ive got quests that recommends you to be level 30+ and im only level 4 lol

Yes, I had an explore around the first village and found some useful stashes. But I am still missing some items to brew useful potions. Any that you can recommend I try to get first?

Yes, I had an explore around the first village and found some useful stashes. But I am still missing some items to brew useful potions. Any that you can recommend I try to get first?

Go to the herbalist in white orchard. Any ingredients you have missing you can buy off her. I was in the same predicament last night. Found myself still with no potions or bombs. Went to the herbalist and brought the ingredients i needed and now i have 4 different types of potions. You should be able to brew a few potions providing you have found the recipes.

Bombs aswel any materials u need just visit shop keepers/blacksmiths they will sell what you need or take note on what materials you need and see if you can dismantle your weapons for them.

Go to the herbalist in white orchard. Any ingredients you have missing you can buy off her. I was in the same predicament last night. Found myself still with no potions or bombs. Went to the herbalist and brought the ingredients i needed and now i have 4 different types of potions. You should be able to brew a few potions providing you have found the recipes.

Bombs aswel any materials u need just visit shop keepers/blacksmiths they will sell what you need or take note on what materials you need and see if you can dismantle your weapons for them.

Thanks mate. Been wondering round picking every kind of flower and plant I could find! Will locate the herbalist tonight when I play.

game is just a bit addictive....have to say I'd go even as far as to say its the best game out on Consoles atm....its brilliant...&  slightly massive in scale

Agreed. I've been killign this game off and still feel theres so much to do. 

Thanks mate. Been wondering round picking every kind of flower and plant I could find! Will locate the herbalist tonight when I play.

Just adding to that, once you brew them, you can automatically have them restocked when you meditate as long as you have Alcohest (I think its called). So its normally worth crafting every recipe at least once so then you don't need to worry about it afterwards.

Just adding to that, once you brew them, you can automatically have them restocked when you meditate as long as you have Alcohest (I think its called). So its normally worth crafting every recipe at least once so then you don't need to worry about it afterwards.

Thanks. Where do I get Alcohest from?

I don't want to get too carried away about this game but it is incredible. It's not perfect but it's pretty close. Best game I've played in years.

You can buy it from the herbalist in white Orchard mate

Thanks. Sorry for my bird brained questions! If I ask another one to which the answer is "buy it from the herbalist in White Orchard" I will donate £10 to the charity of your choice.

Found a mission to go and find sunken treasure in a sunken pirate ship. Does anybody else struggle with the swimming controls? When you dive holding the Square button do you have to hold the X button aswel? I find myself doing acrobatics underwater. Managed to find the treasure then got stuck. I ran out of breath whilst getting out and my health bar dropped really quick afterwards whilst i was racing to the surface. I was eating food rapidly just to get to the surface. Worth it though the treasure was awesome.

Still loving the game

Found a mission to go and find sunken treasure in a sunken pirate ship. Does anybody else struggle with the swimming controls? When you dive holding the Square button do you have to hold the X button aswel? I find myself doing acrobatics underwater. Managed to find the treasure then got stuck. I ran out of breath whilst getting out and my health bar dropped really quick afterwards whilst i was racing to the surface. I was eating food rapidly just to get to the surface. Worth it though the treasure was awesome.

Still loving the game

One of the minor faults with this game are the swimming controls. When you dive, just hold the Square (X on XB1) and nothing else, not even the directional controls. Same applies for returning to the surface, just hold the circle (B) button.

I make sure that I swim pretty far in and then dive down. Sometimes, the control prompts will tell you that you can dive but you can't properly. Oh and if you have the crossbow, equip it before you get it the water. You can use it to one shot kill drowners.

One of the minor faults with this game are the swimming controls. When you dive, just hold the Square (X on XB1) and nothing else, not even the directional controls. Same applies for returning to the surface, just hold the circle (B) button.

I make sure that I swim pretty far in and then dive down. Sometimes, the control prompts will tell you that you can dive but you can't properly. Oh and if you have the crossbow, equip it before you get it the water. You can use it to one shot kill drowners.

Thanks for that i havent had any bolts since i first got the crossbow so wondered if you could kill enemies in water. Guess the swimming controls will just take some getting used to. Might spend some time tonight just swimming to nail down the controls.

Do you have to craft bolts or can you find some around?

Thanks for that i havent had any bolts since i first got the crossbow so wondered if you could kill enemies in water. Guess the swimming controls will just take some getting used to. Might spend some time tonight just swimming to nail down the controls.

Do you have to craft bolts or can you find some around?

I was still dodgy when trying to avoid the drowners  :D  But then I realised you could use the crossbow. Normal bolts should be unlimited if you stick them in the slot on the inventory. Better bolts can be found and crafted I think. I haven't really bothered though, since the bow doesn't do that much damage.

Edited by dmayne7

I was still dodgy when trying to avoid the drowners  :D  But then I realised you could use the crossbow. Normal bolts should be unlimited if you stick them in the slot on the inventory. Better bolts can be found and crafted I think. I haven't really bothered though, since the bow doesn't do that much damage.

Oh F****** hell heres me thinking i couldnt use the crossbow unless i crafted bolts. will have a proper look in my inventory. Be worth upgrading your crossbow skill. Long range attacks i can see being a much needed requirement later on in the game.

Ive just managed to craft some armour but didnt notice i couldnt equip it unless im level 7. Im only level 5. Ive gave up on the main quest and im just going around to all the question marks i can find. Finding some interesting places.

Oh F****** hell heres me thinking i couldnt use the crossbow unless i crafted bolts. will have a proper look in my inventory. Be worth upgrading your crossbow skill. Long range attacks i can see being a much needed requirement later on in the game.

Ive just managed to craft some armour but didnt notice i couldnt equip it unless im level 7. Im only level 5. Ive gave up on the main quest and im just going around to all the question marks i can find. Finding some interesting places.

lol yeah the bolts are unlimited but you can craft better ones.

this game is just huge in scale, with tons of stuff to do im only level 4 and I am loving it! you don't know what is round the corner earlier today I slayed this massive bear on my horse lol brilliant!

This may just be one of my all time favourite games. Not even scratched the surface yet but I'm already immersed in the world. I'm just enjoying taking my time, doing the side quests - which don't feel like side quests at all and enjoying the scenery.

Unfortunately I don't get too much time to play at the moment but it seems easy to bite size chunks despite the scale of the game, and another small but useful thing is the way it gives you a brief recap of where you are up to when you load up a game. For someone who sometimes may go a week or two between gaming sessions, this is invaluable.

lol yeah the bolts are unlimited but you can craft better ones.

this game is just huge in scale, with tons of stuff to do im only level 4 and I am loving it! you don't know what is round the corner earlier today I slayed this massive bear on my horse lol brilliant!

I didnt realise you had to equip the crossbow not just on the inventory screen but on the screen with the spells on. Thats why i never had bolts to fire. :facepalm:

Yeah i fought a bear took ages to kill. Feels like youve achieved something when you come out victorious.

This may just be one of my all time favourite games. Not even scratched the surface yet but I'm already immersed in the world. I'm just enjoying taking my time, doing the side quests - which don't feel like side quests at all and enjoying the scenery.

Unfortunately I don't get too much time to play at the moment but it seems easy to bite size chunks despite the scale of the game, and another small but useful thing is the way it gives you a brief recap of where you are up to when you load up a game. For someone who sometimes may go a week or two between gaming sessions, this is invaluable.

Im just trying to get my level up by going around all the question marks. Quite often i find monsters i have no chance of killing. Im in a similar situation where i dont get much chance to play so i agree the little recaps during the loading screens are really useful.

Saw my first nipple last night lol .

due to the difficulty I'm playing on health doesn't regenerate and I'm getting absolutely pared in any battles due to lack of health/food items, any ideas? where is the best trader to visit, can't find any decent ones?

If you're getting battered why don't you just tone the difficulty down? Seems the obvious choice to me.

due to the difficulty I'm playing on health doesn't regenerate and I'm getting absolutely pared in any battles due to lack of health/food items, any ideas? where is the best trader to visit, can't find any decent ones?

Playing on the hardest difficulty aswell.....And i would only recommend using it if you are willing to learn the game.

The only way to learn the game is to die to be completely honest. The griffin battle for instance took a while (only 3 hits = death on highest difficulty).

What i will say is the higher the difficulty you play, survival > damage output.  The best sign to use for instance is the shield....rather than the Fire attack. Especially when fighting multiple enemies.