Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Christoph

Witcher 3

This is 24.99 on amazon today - bargain.

I might purchase, any reasons not to?

Yes. If you plan on playing any other games/having a life.

Still wouldn't say it's my favourite game ever but without a shadow of doubt, it is the best game I have played. The effort put into this is on another level. Think GTA in terms of diversity, content and writing, then notch it up a level. Just started playing it again after not playing for 3 months and I'm completely back into it. Every single sidequest has it's own cutscenes and dialogue. When I think about the effort put into this, it staggers me. Some games you really enjoy and want to plough through the story but at the same time you don't want it to be over too quickly. No danger of that here because of the length of story and the quality of everything else.

Would genuinely be one of the best £25 investments you ever make and I'm not just talking about gaming.

I quite like this game. Can you tell?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

OMG, I finally just started playing this a couple of weeks ago (was on mega sale on PS4) and it is amazing!! Love just wondering round doing side quests and figuring out that I am way to weak to beat anyone and then realizing the maps are designed for you to go geographically from easy to hard. No revisiting some places that were too tough and battering people. Almost don't want to do the main quest storylines in case it means I finish sooner!!

How do people like this vs Dragon Age? I kind of like that you don't have to worry too much about XP or skills as much as real RPGs. Feels very Red Dead to me - which is great.

OMG, I finally just started playing this a couple of weeks ago (was on mega sale on PS4) and it is amazing!! Love just wondering round doing side quests and figuring out that I am way to weak to beat anyone and then realizing the maps are designed for you to go geographically from easy to hard. No revisiting some places that were too tough and battering people. Almost don't want to do the main quest storylines in case it means I finish sooner!!

How do people like this vs Dragon Age? I kind of like that you don't have to worry too much about XP or skills as much as real RPGs. Feels very Red Dead to me - which is great.

The main quest is massive so don't worry about doing some missions. Brilliant game.

got this game a few weeks back and just can't warm to it. The inventory screen just seems dark and clunky, blocking with weapons seems to only work when it wants to. Skyrim felt so much more refined. The only thing that seems appealing so far is the size of the game.

• 2 years later...

Finally after having this game at release I've completed the story and now onto the dlc. This is the best open world rpg game hands down. Great developers, have patched the game massively when it had frame rate issues, and other things. Gave free dlc and ps4 pro patched. 

Ps. Heart of stone bosses are actually a slight challenge which is making this dlc more interesting. I'm looking forward to blood and wine more with the new area. 

• 4 weeks later...
Just now, silebyboy said:

I found a lot of stuff overwhelming to start with and after two play throughs there are still a few things I don’t understand but bloody hell, this is one of the best games ever made. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. 

The card game went right over my head, not sure I'll even bother with that.

A few queries if I may?

-How often should I be looking at obtaining new armour/weapons? Would you advise buying weapons/armour from the stalls?

-How important are the spells/potions? Do you tend to just use something if it is identified as a special weakness to an enemy or do you routinely use?

13 minutes ago, Vardinhio said:

The card game went right over my head, not sure I'll even bother with that.

A few queries if I may?

-How often should I be looking at obtaining new armour/weapons? Would you advise buying weapons/armour from the stalls?

-How important are the spells/potions? Do you tend to just use something if it is identified as a special weakness to an enemy or do you routinely use?

Ask away mate. 

I never bothered with Gwent myself although I’ve heard that it’s great fun. 

My approach to weapons and armour were to equip any better stuff that I came across looting chests etc, but I left it until a little later to start crafting Witcher gear. Crafting is something you definitely will want to do at some point though, and it’s simple enough. Don’t think I ever bought stuff from merchants, just used what I found and looted. 

I didn’t find potions and the like to be essential and I only really appreciated many of them during my second play though. They are very handy and make life easier though. I recommend starting to use them sooner rather than later.