Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

'Bring Back National Service'

Uk , or any other country wouldnt need national service, if the govts gave people a decent education, gave businesses a base, where employment wasnt a problem, and drug taking/distribution had 0% tolerance

National service...the govt cant even take care now of our voluntary men/women in our forces during their service, then they drop them as soon as medical or society problems crop up.

Train trash how to use and handle a dangerous weapon.

If national service became compulsory, in this womans emancipated era , would women be forced to serve.?

Britain is too military orientated, why not instead in everyones life, give young people between 20-25 their choice to do work in the society or social services.Supported if and when necessary by their companies/unis/colleges (time out).

Everybody in their lives should give 2yrs of their life to help the society they are living in, by helping others.

I did VSO in Africa, while working there taking time off work , giving my services for free for a few months.Built water collection areas, helped build schools, gave techn.instruction to locals in mech.eng.

Take this thought of VSO, and developement agencies and apply it at home, or around Europe.

People would then develope automatically a thought in their future lives, to protect support their close enviroment, and or help their struggling fellow humans.Give people awareness.

Beats training people to kick arse on the other side of the world.

I'm broadly in favour. Constructive National Service would theoretically offer a candle of hope to so many young people who seem to be drifting into adult life without any hope, ambition, leadership from family and/or friends or worthwhile focus.

Education and upbringing needs to be far more robust, far more purposeful and the concept of National Service offers an opportunity for people to learn to cope and look after themselves in many ways.

It's not just about military and self-defence skills. It's about cooking, cleaning, driving, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, communication, computer and other skills which can be so valuable in life and which help build people's confidence in being able to make a codtribution . Finally it's about disciplined leadership - something that's so often lacking in modern families.

Okay, the above is a precised viewpoint. But too much of what I see on the streets today is sad beyond expression. And when I hear of parents complaining that Little Johnny's grazed his knee at school - or parents themselves being hounded by social services because :Little James turned up at should with a bruised leg I well understand why some kids grow up not being able to cope.          

You may not even get them unless you joined the catering corp. Many leave without  home skills because everything is done for them. Sure  they have to keep a tidy bed and  bedside cupboard but they have set times for breakfast dinner  and going sleep and waking up  so adjusting to the mayhem of civvy life  is nor easy for some especially if they have had their upbringing in a care home which often have the same daily routines.

Archived