Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fallout 4

If the world is of comparable size to previous two, can you imagine all that being fully rendered at the top, top level?

:nigel:

It'll need its own dedicated console! Absolutely no way they can produce a map the size of New Vegas and have crystal clear HD quality.

It'll need its own dedicated console! Absolutely no way they can produce a map the size of New Vegas and have crystal clear HD quality.

Playing it on a 3k monitor with a maxed out, overclocked rig with one of those newish graphics booster separate units.

If the world is of comparable size to previous two, can you imagine all that being fully rendered at the top, top level?

I can understand what your saying, but the trailer looks like new vegas with a high res texture pack and some fancy lighting effects thrown in.

I'm still going to buy it because I loved the other games in the series, but I didn't watch that trailer and think 'wow that looks amazing' like I was expecting to.

Because it literally just looks like Fallout 3 HD, nothing innovative to get excited about.

There's literally no gameplay in the video, no hint at story or content.

If you mean purely graphics, which is an odd thing to be singularly focused on, it clearly looks noticeably better than FNV. Maybe you need to go back and have a roam around the desert again. It wasn't that spectacular looking.

Besides, this is a two minute promo video. It's got a shitload of development still to go through.

There's literally no gameplay in the video, no hint at story or content.

If you mean purely graphics, which is an odd thing to be singularly focused on, it clearly looks noticeably better than FNV. Maybe you need to go back and have a roam around the desert again. It wasn't that spectacular looking.

Besides, this is a two minute promo video. It's got a shitload of development still to go through.

Don't get me wrong, i realise I'm probably being overly cynical. I just was expecting a bit more, but they've clearly left us guessing.

You come across as less cynical and more just wanting to be "that guy" pissing on everyone's bonfire.

I'm a bit lukewarm on the Fallout series after the first two but even I can't spot much fault with that trailer other than it being vague.

But it's a teaser.

The thing that immediately struck me was the colour. FO3 & NV coped by using a palette which was largely shades of grey and brown.

Will probably be the game that finally makes me go next gen, assuming Uncharted 4 or The Last Guardian doesn't come out before.

I've been wanting the Fallout games to have a bit of colour and greenery for a while. The Mojave itself was the worst thing about FNV for me, as odd as that is to say.

The Last Of Us (whilst, admittedly, not a post-nuclear game) proved that you could produce an eerie, empty, dangerous post-apocalyptic world that wasn't in sepia tones. 

I've been wanting the Fallout games to have a bit of colour and greenery for a while. The Mojave itself was the worst thing about FNV for me, as odd as that is to say.

The Last Of Us (whilst, admittedly, not a post-nuclear game) proved that you could produce an eerie, empty, dangerous post-apocalyptic world that wasn't in sepia tones.

I think the issue with the Mojave is that's what colour it is, it already a dry sandy desert. A nuclear bomb isn't going to suddenly make it green.

The last of us is set in Boston which is incredibly green, especially the surrounding areas in Massachusetts. So I think we can expect much the same from this game.

Its not really all about the graphics with Fallout, its the depth of the story and characters and the amount of content in a huge very explorable map. Fallout 3 & NV had graphics that were PS2 standard, the animations were terrible on the whole but I got aver all that pretty quickly with the story and how much fun was to be had liquidating enemies.

All they have to do for me is improve the voice acting, make a competent story line and sort the bugs out. If theres an entire new engine that works well and looks better then fantastic. If not then you can mod it on the PC for a few years and get what you like, its a win win.

I dont get this whole Bethesda vs Obsidian thing, theyre both very good games and both have their qualities

Only thing you can hope for in this is if they add some pay to progress faster, stack it with downloadable content from the get go or add an online mode that would cripple or unbalance the game somehow, I'm very much more of the same, it aint broke.

I hope they sack off VATS. It'd be much more interesting with straight up fps mechanics.

The thing about VATS is it makes it more role-playing and less skill based i.e. it's the abilities you have given your character as opposed to your abilities as an fps player. I suppose you could mitigate this by reducing kickback and gun sway as your character levelled, but they would still be further mitigated by your own skills with the keypad. That isn't what rpgs are about.

I'm guessing everyone is thinking I'm rubbish at fps games now... :whistle: