Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Expand the stadium? The poll

1,304 members have voted

1. 1. Expand the stadium?

• Yes, asap!
    • Maybe when we're established top flight. (Another 2 years+ survival)
    • Not fussed.
    • No.

I did vote to wait for a couple of seasons while we establish ourselves but after reading Bagworths post in thinking Why Not go for it?

The stadium ain't going anywhere,an expansion is there forever..may as well do it while we have the owners to do it and are on a up...only thing is I remember when we moved to the KP when we tried to move up that level and it nearly killed us!!!

IMVHO, The revenue generated from ticket sales will be nothing compared to the income from the TV deals so the club has the opportunity to move on. The club can look at the price structure of tickets and has the chance to make watching live football available to more fans, would have thought most players would want as many home supporters watching them as possible. Also an increased capacity could open up options on music concerts and other events.

I did vote to wait for a couple of seasons while we establish ourselves but after reading Bagworths post in thinking Why Not go for it?

The stadium ain't going anywhere,an expansion is there forever..may as well do it while we have the owners to do it and are on a up...only thing is I remember when we moved to the KP when we tried to move up that level and it nearly killed us!!!

We had a complete tit of a manager then who would have spent every penny you gave him and some.

Pearson at least recognises the value of a Pound. He won't spend £10 million when he can get someone to do a similar job on a free transfer.

I'm not sure what 10,000 seats will cost us but even if it's £10,000,000 then that's the price of a Vardy, Ulloa or Kramaric, it won't break us at all.

More important it's money spent on something that will last for decades and improves our perception as a bigger club and gives the fans who haven't got ST's more opportunity to get to matches.

Who knows in a few years we might be saying 42,000 isn't enough? 

Wait till we're more established. Another year or so.

We waited until we were established before we moved to the Walkers, but then got quickly "dis-established" after Taylor was appointed, and all went tits up.

My point is that it's impossible in football to pick any particular moment and say for certainty "now we are established". Football doesn't come with guarantees; there will always be an element of risk.

So best to strike while the iron's hot - and that's now.

We waited until we were established before we moved to the Walkers, but then got quickly "dis-established" after Taylor was appointed, and all went tits up.

My point is that it's impossible in football to pick any particular moment and say for certainty "now we are established". Football doesn't come with guarantees; there will always be an element of risk.

So best to strike while the iron's hot - and that's now.

I Agree what do you need 5 years of top half finishes then we are ready for a capacity increase? 

Yes. I may even go down more if I was sure of getting a ticket. I don't want to pay out -cannot afford one- I am willing to go for selective games. Another thing if there was a larger capacity prices could be held lower longer.I see more  positives  than negatives  not only for the club and  fans but also the City of Leicester.

Lets establish ourselves first for a couple of seasons before we decide to expand. I appreciate that its frustrating for some fans at the moment as they can not get tickets but if we get relegated it would be depressing being in a stadium that holds over 40,000 and we get crowds of 20,000 in the Championship

Pretty sure in some way shape or form the crowd from Wet Ham at home onwards really made a difference, if 32k can give so much of an atmosphere imagine increasing it by 30%. Think it already been mentioned by better than me on here that increased attendances helps attract better players, we should be looking to take maximum benefits from home advantage and if clappers, drums more noise and more people are an option why not.

Image if we hadn't moved though we'd struggle competing in the Championship if we were still at Filbert St now I reckon

Image if we hadn't moved though we'd struggle competing in the Championship if we were still at Filbert St now I reckon

Valid point but immediately after the move to the KP it felt like it was the move that started our rot to administration. Like stated though we did have Taylor in charge at the time.

Lets establish ourselves first for a couple of seasons before we decide to expand. I appreciate that its frustrating for some fans at the moment as they can not get tickets but if we get relegated it would be depressing being in a stadium that holds over 40,000 and we get crowds of 20,000 in the Championship

It might be a little depressing in a half-empty stadium, sure, but so what?

Right now, thousands of fans are missing out on pretty much every single game, and because its difficult to get tickets people who may not necessarily be fans yet (for example, kids) aren't able to come to games, so unless we expand there's a chance we lose out on a generation of fans.

It's a LOT more depressing that we have fans who are CURRENTLY missing out, than the potential of not filling the stadium IF we go down.

Oh, and the whole 'established PL club' thing is a load of bull anyway.

Southampton had a fantastic 13/14, and a couple of transfers and a manager change later and they're strongly tipped for a relegation battle.

West Ham is an even better example - they're one of those clubs that most would have no trouble saying they are an established club. They supposedly 'proved' it up until Boxing Day, where they were 5th, but the table from then onwards has them right down in the relegation spots in 18th.

Things can change on a sixpence, so unless we become the next Man City/Chelsea etc, we'll never be secure enough to be (practcally) certain of survival before a ball is kicked.

Valid point but immediately after the move to the KP it felt like it was the move that started our rot to administration. Like stated though we did have Taylor in charge at the time.

The club was already in trouble, imagine if we didn't expand. Thankfully we did however otherwise we'd have been stuck at Filbert Street and this thread could've been about how we will never succeed unless we move to a new stadium. Adding to that the land that the kp is built on would have been sold off and we could have been looking at an out of the City stadium.

The club was already in trouble, imagine if we didn't expand. Thankfully we did however otherwise we'd have been stuck at Filbert Street and this thread could've been about how we will never succeed unless we move to a new stadium. Adding to that the land that the kp is built on would have been sold off and we could have been looking at an out of the City stadium.

Dunno if we were already in trouble when plans for the KP got going? Weren't we riding high at the time??..Either way like folk have said its a good job we did move in the long run I'm just saying AT THE TIME it felt like the move to a bigger better stadium and all the money spent was a massive factor into our administration.

With these owners there's no chance of stuff like that happening.....oh god why did I say that!!! lol...Anyway...Let's expand!!!/

Yep your right.We were a force under O Neil's halcyon days...how we took things for granted. .actually doesn't it feel abit like that now under the circumstances???...Hence we should go for it!!!

I agree with what you're saying but there's every possibility that we extend the ground to 40,000 and our attendance is 34,000 every week, so we've got the potential to grow but to entice the extra fans we're going to have to get top 10 finishes and Europe which is easier said than done.

I'm not particular bothered but these extra fans are going to be bandwagon hopping plastics which will bother some.

How can you say that.

I can't get to most games now so an ST is pointless.

Also I can not buy tickets. So if they increase it and I can get tickets am I plastic?

Most people start off as plastics somewhere down the line...if only 20-30% of these start going regular it can only be good surely??

Exactly.

In a big stadium some people might turn up for Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea but if they enjoy the experience they'll start going more games and some will eventually be hardened ST holders who go Carlisle away in the second round of the League Cup.

The stadium should be big enough so our children can go and fair weather fans can turn up on a whim and get in 90% of games.

We should try and have a culture in our city that we all talk about our club and want to enjoy the social event of watching them.

Some really small time thinking on this forum about worrying about 20,000 gates in the Championship. The same people who can't sleep at night worrying what might happen when they cross the road the next day no doubt.

I agree with what you're saying but there's every possibility that we extend the ground to 40,000 and our attendance is 34,000 every week, so we've got the potential to grow but to entice the extra fans we're going to have to get top 10 finishes and Europe which is easier said than done.

I'm not particular bothered but these extra fans are going to be bandwagon hopping plastics which will bother some.

That last sentence is stupidity at its finest. The plastics are already in, hence why me and many others could get tickets in the championship and league one but not the premier league.

Archived