Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Mass Effect Andromeda

Apparently they've been working on this since before 3 came out. Interesting to see if they can flesh out the galaxy as wonderfully as they did in the original trilogy. I'm still wishing for a game set during the first contact war but I doubt we'll ever see it at this point

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Saw this video a few days ago and now I'm not so convinced.

I really hope they haven't gone full fps with it otherwise it's ruined.

The second one struck exactly the right balance between rpg and fps but this one appears to be more like 3 without the cover options.

I also read that some major players in the previous trilogy left the project halfway through.  It'll end up a mix of good and bad most likely.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

:huh:

I can guarantee it wont be that. 

It'd better not be.  But from what I've read, it's heavy on exploration of distant planets and harvesting them for resources.  Each planet has it's own set of enemies with a unique boss.  There's no mention of a story driven game, choices, or one which is part of a new series of games - as far as I can tell it's standalone.

Perhaps not No Mans Sky with guns but certainly something along the lines of previous titles which have failed to match the hype - No Mans Sky and Destiny to name two.

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It'd better not be.  But from what I've read, it's heavy on exploration of distant planets and harvesting them for resources.  Each planet has it's own set of enemies with a unique boss.  There's no mention of a story driven game, choices, or one which is part of a new series of games - as far as I can tell it's standalone.

Perhaps not No Mans Sky with guns but certainly something along the lines of previous titles which have failed to match the hype - No Mans Sky and Destiny to name two.

Bioware's greatest strength is storytelling. It's what has made them so respected. I really cannot see them going light on story. My interpretation of the exploration part is that involves meeting and forming relationships with new species

3 minutes ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

Bioware's greatest strength is storytelling. It's what has made them so respected. I really cannot see them going light on story. My interpretation of the exploration part is that involves meeting and forming relationships with new species

I agree that they're normally really tight with their storytelling.  What doesn't bode well though is that throughout the course of this games development, various high ranking devs have left the project - most notably the lead writer and senior editor.

Now, back to MGSV when Kojima left, luckily the game itself didn't suffer too much gameplay wise although the story based aspect of it was fairly loose and not up to the usual standard you'd come to expect from a MGS game. 

Perhaps the same thing will happen here, hence the lack of detail on anything other than showing off the game as a shooter?

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

I agree that they're normally really tight with their storytelling.  What doesn't bode well though is that throughout the course of this games development, various high ranking devs have left the project - most notably the lead writer and senior editor.

Now, back to MGSV when Kojima left, luckily the game itself didn't suffer too much gameplay wise although the story based aspect of it was fairly loose and not up to the usual standard you'd come to expect from a MGS game. 

Perhaps the same thing will happen here, hence the lack of detail on anything other than showing off the game as a shooter?

I had forgotten about that. They went to Destiny right?

Your concerns are fair but here's hoping you're wrong!!

17 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It may well be something a little bit different in regards to being a bit more exploration based but if pulled off well might not nesc be a bad thing. I'll be shocked if there is no story to it, one of the main foundations the franchise is built on is a good story with good characters......It will not be anything like No Man's Sky, No Man's Sky is lifeless and you can tell it's been created by a computer not a games designer. 

Destiny post TTK is a great game. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 21:56, Legend_in_blue said:

Today's combat gameplay video.  Still not overly impressed.

Hmmm, think the combat looks good but not sure how it will pan out. Still, heard lots of very encouraging things, namely that they're trying to match Witcher 3 in terms of side content (which would be amazing since that game is hands down the best I've ever played in terms of depth of story) and that they want to make it a more personal story.

Playing through the trilogy again and despite the ending, ME3 is still an amazing game 5 years later.

15 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Hmmm, think the combat looks good but not sure how it will pan out. Still, heard lots of very encouraging things, namely that they're trying to match Witcher 3 in terms of side content (which would be amazing since that game is hands down the best I've ever played in terms of depth of story) and that they want to make it a more personal story.

Playing through the trilogy again and despite the ending, ME3 is still an amazing game 5 years later.

The combat looks excellent, massive step forward for the series, actually seems to flow.

I think the concern is not the combat being impressive ( I know that's what he said but it is not what he actually means ) but that alot of the RPG side of things is being to be done away with and it'll be.....well he's used the term No Mans Sky with guns, I think Gears of War in Space would be a more accurate description. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

Ok, for all the ones who were yearning more exploration choices:

Been enjoying horizon so much that i thought i may wait a little to pick this up but this has just made it a harder decision.