Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Mass Effect Andromeda

12 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Has this been proven?

I mean, there's quite some saddos out there, chasing after lead facial animators on Social Media. And then others following that story. Too much stalking for me.

Might even be a namesake lol and all the effort and outrage was for nothing.

http://theralphretort.com/a-cosplayer-with-no-video-game-experience-was-the-lead-facial-animator-for-mass-effect-andromeda-3017017/

"Lead facial animator for Mass Effect : Andromeda"

12 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

They're great lol 

TBH I am reconsidering and thinking of buying just for them lol

d56.gif

giphy.gif

Edited by Manwell Pablo

17 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

bioware haven't made a good game in years so I'm inclined to agree with the reviewers on this one and steer well clear. 

I actually enjoyed Dragon Age Inquisition, didn't think it was that bad at all

Those animations aren't that bad.  The amount of negativity that this has brought is absolutely ridiculous however.  And as for stalking the lead animator, seriously?  lol  Some people need to grow up.

Two further notions spring to mind when reading through the reviews of this game. 

One - if you binge game on this, spending many hours over a short time frame on it, no doubt many of the missions may come across as over repetitive.  However, taking it over manageable short periods of time, over a longer time scale and it probably won't seem as monotonous.  Even the best games are repetitive - Skyrim springs to mind - there is a limit to how many dungeons you can keep on clearing with the same enemy types over and over again before tedium begins to show. 

Two - this title keeps on being compared to "the previous trilogy", which is akin to comparing Force Awakens to "the original trilogy" of Star Wars films.  It's not a fair comparison to make and as Force Awakens shows, it takes some of the best of the original trilogy and also brings to it some of the less enjoyable filler.  It isn't fair to make a comparison and should be judged on its own merits, good and bad.

27 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Those animations aren't that bad.  The amount of negativity that this has brought is absolutely ridiculous however.  And as for stalking the lead animator, seriously?  lol  Some people need to grow up.

Two further notions spring to mind when reading through the reviews of this game. 

One - if you binge game on this, spending many hours over a short time frame on it, no doubt many of the missions may come across as over repetitive.  However, taking it over manageable short periods of time, over a longer time scale and it probably won't seem as monotonous.  Even the best games are repetitive - Skyrim springs to mind - there is a limit to how many dungeons you can keep on clearing with the same enemy types over and over again before tedium begins to show. 

Two - this title keeps on being compared to "the previous trilogy", which is akin to comparing Force Awakens to "the original trilogy" of Star Wars films.  It's not a fair comparison to make and as Force Awakens shows, it takes some of the best of the original trilogy and also brings to it some of the less enjoyable filler.  It isn't fair to make a comparison and should be judged on its own merits, good and bad.

Erm...it's not like some areas of the gaming community don't have precedent when it comes to stalking prominent devs who happen to be ladies, no matter how good a job they do, is it?

2 hours ago, MrSpaM said:

I find PewDiePie an attention-seeking spastic and reviewing pre-release footage and judging it is like me talking about a car from my favourite manufacturer without ever having seen the interior with my own two eyes, let alone having taken a test ride.

As for the TRR website, lots of hate aimed at a single woman here (Silence Dogood in particular), talking about SWJ influence and a vagina conspiracy lol. Too much dreck for me.

She may or may not hold that title (lots of people boast about their work and status online), but I find it hard to believe a company such as Bioware would allow a 24-year old model and Cosplay fanatic to oversee such a crucial part of their game design. More likely than not, it sounds like someone needs a scapegoat here.

5 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I find PewDiePie an attention-seeking spastic and reviewing pre-release footage and judging it is like me talking about a car from my favourite manufacturer without ever having seen the interior with my own two eyes, let alone having taken a test ride.

As for the TRR website, lots of hate aimed at a single woman here (Silence Dogood in particular), talking about SWJ influence and a vagina conspiracy lol. Too much dreck for me.

She may or may not hold that title (lots of people boast about their work and status online), but I find it hard to believe a company such as Bioware would allow a 24-year old model and Cosplay fanatic to oversee such a crucial part of their game design. More likely than not, it sounds like someone needs a scapegoat here.

This. And a scapegoat that just happens to be a lady. Which suits TRR, PewDiePie and their followers down to the ground.

If I wanted to listen to irrelevant GamerGater BS I would use a time machine to a couple of years back. Though I don't suppose such folk are ever going to stop.

Edited by leicsmac

43 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Sounds like @Legend_in_blue is trying really hard to justify spending his 40 odd quid. Comparing a shitty Bioware game trudged out too fast by the money hawks at EA to Star Wars. Bless

Not exactly a new thing is it.

Also Reviews always correct when he agrees with them when he doesn't they've obviously missed some sort of obvious glaring point. Also best way to avoid repetitive game play, don't play the game, well yeah that's great for forty quid product.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

1 hour ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Not exactly a new thing is it.

Also Reviews always correct when he agrees with them when he doesn't they've obviously missed some sort of obvious glaring point. Also best way to avoid repetitive game play, don't play the game, well yeah that's great for forty quid product.

The breaking news on this title is like reading through the early pages of garbage written when CR was sacked.  Then a fairly balanced article was published soon after.  Much like this review:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/mass-effect-andromeda-review-ps4-pc-xbox-one-a7640846.html

I think that sounds fair to me.

Just now, Beliall said:

I like the game, but you cant use a newspaper review, they don't know shit

The gaming press aren't exactly 100% reliable either, that's one thing the morons in their mums basements got right a little while back. (Shame about the rest of it.)

It's going to be subjective - perhaps more so with games than with other forms of media.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

The gaming press aren't exactly 100% reliable either, that's one thing the morons in their mums basements got right a little while back. (Shame about the rest of it.)

It's going to be subjective - perhaps more so with games than with other forms of media.

Yeah basically never take a video game review at face value.  Nonetheless it has to be said that even within the low-bar of VG journalism standards, newspaper articles are the Judge Judy of game reviews.

13 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Pabs, a question: the competence or lack thereof of the supposed lead facial animator aside...do you really take anything that site writes down seriously?

Nope. TBH I haven't even opened the article.

Hence why I haven't joined in your discussion. Those animations are shocking, lol  but I can't say I really care who is behind them, the important thing is they are bad.  

12 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The breaking news on this title is like reading through the early pages of garbage written when CR was sacked.  Then a fairly balanced article was published soon after.  Much like this review:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/mass-effect-andromeda-review-ps4-pc-xbox-one-a7640846.html

I think that sounds fair to me.

Sounds fair? You haven't played the game lol how can you say what's fair or what's not? I don't really see why you have to defend it so vigorously either, at the end of the day if you enjoyed the first three you'll probably enjoy this but it's pretty safe to say it has some issues and doesn't really get near the original trilogy in terms of characters and story. Which is fine, that was always going to be a big ask. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

It's different from the original trilogy, the way the story is being played out and the whole feel of the game is different.. this is a story designed to be completed, not originally planned as a trilogy like the first 3 were right from the start. The characters are pretty vanilla, everyone seems to have a similar personality, which is straage seeing as they are different species, aside from the krogan and *spoiler race** who are different.

don't compare this to the trilogy. enjoy it for what it is. a new mass effect, and so far, an enjoyable one, despite its few flaws. I read a comment on facebook yesterday that kid of sums up my feelings. (paraphrased)

remember, the witcher 3 was a buggy mess before they patched it, now its regarded as a masterpiece

not saying this is a masterpiece by any stretch, but its a solid 75/100 from me.

Got to as far with the main game as ea access will let me. Story is ok so far and i am intrigued by some of whats happened. It isn't awful or amazing, just abit bland. Compared to HZD it just feels that bioware weren't that into making it. In some ways it just feels like mass effect 3.1 and something that could have come out last gen.

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Nope. TBH I haven't even opened the article.

Hence why I haven't joined in your discussion. Those animations are shocking, lol  but I can't say I really care who is behind them, the important thing is they are bad.  

That's fair enough.

Perhaps I'm engaging in some kind of fallacy regarding sources here, but as I said above I think that video games tend to be more subjective in terms of what makes them good/bad than most other media, reviewing is less independent and so reviews across the board don't tend to be all that reliable. My issue is that article basically goes after that person not because of any good or bad job she did, but because she's a woman who dared to rise to a high position in a dev company and the pondscum don't like that. Multiple examples of this in the past.

Sorry if I'm appearing contemptuous of a part of the gaming community here but quite frankly I've had it up to here with websites like the one above that purport to approach video game reviewing in a balanced manner and then use any reason at all to justify their own prejudices.

Just now, leicsmac said:

That's fair enough.

Perhaps I'm engaging in some kind of fallacy regarding sources here, but as I said above I think that video games tend to be more subjective in terms of what makes them good/bad than most other media, reviewing is less independent and so reviews across the board don't tend to be all that reliable. My issue is that article basically goes after that person not because of any good or bad job she did, but because she's a woman who dared to rise to a high position in a dev company and the pondscum don't like that. Multiple examples of this in the past.

Sorry if I'm appearing contemptuous of a part of the gaming community here but quite frankly I've had it up to here with websites like the one above that purport to approach video game reviewing in a balanced manner and then use any reason at all to justify their own prejudices.

Gaming community is poison I'm afraid, one of the worst on the internet and partly because it's been around the longest imo. Doesn't bode well if everything else is headed that way lol there is most def prejudice towards women but that's mainly because of the demographic of the community...... but the whole discussion of women and gaming is incredible boring to me I know it's an issue but I can't be doing with the half wits responsible on one side and on the flip side I really cant be doing with those going out of their way and over compensating, crying over how GTA depicts women and complaining about any game that doesn't have a "strong female lead" etc. I really could not care less about gender roles in games ffs, just make the game how you want to make the game with the characters you want.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Gaming community is poison I'm afraid, one of the worst on the internet and partly because it's been around the longest imo. Doesn't bode well if everything else is headed that way lol there is most def prejudice towards women but that's mainly because of the demographic of the community...... but the whole discussion of women and gaming is incredible boring to me I know it's an issue but I can't be doing with the half wits responsible on one side and on the flip side I really cant be doing with those going out of their way and over compensating, crying over how GTA depicts women and complaining about any game that doesn't have a "strong female lead" etc. I really could not care less about gender roles in games ffs, just make the game how you want to make the game with the characters you want.  

Yep, that's about right. Especially the first sentence.