Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/09/jurgen-klopp-premier-league-very-exciting

Sound like any club you know?

Not saying it will happen of course, but these owners anything is possible...

"Kosicke also believes that Klopp would consider joining a club outside Europe’s traditional elite."

“It is always all about the challenge,” he said. “When Jürgen signed for Dortmund there were other clubs who had better prestige and were in better financial mood at this time. Nevertheless he decided for Dortmund.

“He has the great ability to develop things. If he goes into a stadium, feels the energy and thinks that he can make a difference here, this could be more attractive to him than going with the big deals and aim for the treble.”

common get him in!!

Whoever comes in, It's essential that the back room staff stay the same, with obviously a couple of additions from the new manager. That way, a lot of the team ethos will remain, and to the players it'll only seem like they've lost 1 man, not their entire football club.

Personally, I'd want Moyes.

Not likely to happen though so the best fit for us at this moment in time appears to be big Sam. Not exactly an inspiring choice and not someone I'd want long term but I'm sure he could steady the ship and have us comfortably mid-table for a couple of seasons and that's what this club needs right now.

"Kosicke also believes that Klopp would consider joining a club outside Europe’s traditional elite."

“It is always all about the challenge,” he said. “When Jürgen signed for Dortmund there were other clubs who had better prestige and were in better financial mood at this time. Nevertheless he decided for Dortmund.

“He has the great ability to develop things. If he goes into a stadium, feels the energy and thinks that he can make a difference here, this could be more attractive to him than going with the big deals and aim for the treble.”

common get him in!!

I honestly wouldn't rule Klopp out.

Stranger things have happened.

Having thought long and hard about this, I'm still convinced Allardyce is the way forward for us.

Yes he is the safe option, and yes he has had alot of stick over the years for his style of football, but I don't think it's justified to be honest, they played less long balls than us by a mile last year, and played some really good football, He has the ability to bring in decent players like valencia and Alex song (who was one of the signings of the season) 

And not to forget he had them top 6 for a large portion of the season, he's a good old fashioned english manager who is hugely respected in the game and gets teams playing for eachother.

Cresswell was immense playing a wing back style role in the back 4, the most goals in the league from set pieces (which would be a nice change)

He loves a big strong defender (which we have 3x of) 

We are perfectly set up for him to build on, Strong centre backs, fast wingers, and some firepower up top.

All he would need to sort out is the midfield and a couple of additions to add to what we have (RB, CB, CM) 

Allardyce could get alex song in again, the likes of Nzonzi and cambiasso would probably sign.

Look at how well he had players like Cresswell, Adrian, sakho, valencia, Song, collins etc.

Bad run toward the end of the season, didn't help that his job was in jeopardy the entire time, and didn't have much depth.

He would be the safe option and may not get us to "top 6" 

but he will solidify us in the league and I think top 6 is too far away right now. 

EDIT - Quite gutted if he has ruled himself out,

I'd snap moyes hand off,

Klopp is a dream but unlikely,

Laudrup yes,

Martin Jol yes

Guest MattP

Honestly would not be surprised if they went back to Sven.

They are probably dialing him now, then MON or Harry Redknapp as back up.

After shooting ourselves in the foot just as things are looking good, yet again, looking at appointing a manager to take us to the next level would likely be disastrous from the position we've put ourselves in.

The club as a whole will now be in disarray and appointing that next level manager would be like trying to take a massive leap between two cliffs without taking a run up while the cliff edge is crumbling beneath our feet. We might make it but it's more likely we'll plummet like a stone. We seriously need to stabilise this situation and get ourselves mid-table before we do anything else.

I prey to the seven (sorry been watching too much GoT) that we dont bring in Big Sam, Harry or that gravel voiced weasel Dyche. I honestly dont know who else we could get though. Laudrup probably wouldnt be a bad call, no way we would get Klopp or anyone of that calibre though IMO. MON wont come back and ruin his legend, Moyes maybe, but im not convinced.

Now I'm worried people are serious when suggesting klopp.

There is joining a club outside the elite and then there is joining Leicester.

If we did not have alot of money people wouldnt mention it. so you cant complain with how people think..

Anyone think it's worth trying to poach Hasselbaink? He's very early in his managerial career but he's been impressive so far.

I do realise it's s bit of a left field Leicesterpool type suggestion. lol

Honestly would not be surprised if they went back to Sven.

They are probably dialing him now, then MON or Harry Redknapp as back up.

I'm not sure what they've done to merit this level of cynicism, really. They've proven to be exceptionally prudent businessmen in their time here.

They got Sven wrong but so did countless others and they learned from it.

I don't agree with this sacking but I can understand why they see the Thailand scandal as being one issue too many. We all knew Nigel was walking a tightrope after his last "sacking." Ostrich, Mcarthur, **** off and die, et all might be entertaining to us but you just can't get away with that in modern football for very long.

Arguably, nor should you.

Archived