Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Oh Moyes isn't realistic, for sure. However, I think it's going to have to take an "unrealistic" manager to replace Pearson for us to do as well/better than if we still had Pearson.

Yep, agree.

Moyes, Klopp, Laudrup and even Allardyce all unrealistic but it's got to be one of them if we want to stay up.

The owners are pretty shrewd guys and i can't see them after sacking the manager who kept the team in the premier to selecting Dyche who failed to with his team.

Its not a matter of just looking at managers who are out of work as there are those who just might be interested, good budget, enthousiastic owners, perhaps with the recent deals with Stoke, maybe Mark Hughes is an option?

Here, Starsport looks at who could take over the reins at the East Midlands club.

SAM ALLARDYCE

An obvious name after he was shown the door by West Ham on the final day of last season. Allardyce boasts a wealth of experience managing top-flight clubs, among them Bolton, Blackburn and four years with the Hammers. He could be the man to steer Leicester safely away from a relegation scrap next term.

NEIL LENNON

Currently in charge of Championship side Bolton, Lennon knows the Foxes well having spent four years there as a player. A favourite with the fans, Bolton's well-publicised financial problems could persuade the Northern Irishman to seek a surer footing elsewhere.

254074.jpgRETURN: Could Lennon be heading back to Leicester? [GETTY]

PAUL LAMBERT

Another name on the unemployed list, Lambert has been without a managerial post since leaving Aston Villa in February after almost three years in charge. The Scot has several pluses on his CV, not least leading Norwich to the Premier League in 2010 although his struggles with Villa last season could count against him.

SEAN DYCHE

Although he was unable to save Burnley from relegation after just one season at the highest level, Dyche won many admirers in the Premier League for his never-say-die attitude. Amiable and down to earth, Dyche is capable of coaxing the best out of players without attracting the controversial headlines.

GUS POYET

Former Sunderland manager Poyet would be available to step straight into the hot seat at the King Power Stadium, having severed ties with the Black Cats four months ago. However, his outspoken nature could deter a club like Leicester who endured a fair amount of negative press under Pearson last season.

Lets think about what the owners are going to be looking for. They arent interested in the style of football its all about survival and what better man for the job who is available than Big Sam.

If we want to become an established prem club it maybe worth taking Big Sam for a couple of seasons to achieve this.

So many names being spouted out that make me shudder.

Dyche - Very limited manager, wouldnt want him anywhere near us. We need to be looking for someone better than Pearson.

Paul Lambert - Did ok with Norwich, awful at Villa. Again not as good as Pearson

Lennon - Leicester player but quite simply not ready for the prem imo. No thanks.

Poyet - ughhhhhhhhh

At the moment the only person i wouldnt mind coming that is realistic is Moyes. His Everton side were a great footballing side that he managed to get with little money. Still wouldnt fill me with too much excitement though. Just feel deflated

I'm not sure what they've done to merit this level of cynicism, really. They've proven to be exceptionally prudent businessmen in their time here.

They got Sven wrong but so did countless others and they learned from it.

I don't agree with this sacking but I can understand why they see the Thailand scandal as being one issue too many. We all knew Nigel was walking a tightrope after his last "sacking." Ostrich, Mcarthur, **** off and die, et all might be entertaining to us but you just can't get away with that in modern football for very long.

Arguably, nor should you.

Agreed. I would have preferred this hadn't happened given our upturn in fortunes at the seasons end, but it may not be the end of the world that some are predicting.

And to those absolute sad acts who are proclaiming 'it's the worst day of my life' , the Thais are **** etc.

Grow up, or FOAD! As things stand THEY and their money is the reason we are in the PL, NOT Pearson. Without them there would be no Pearson second time around, no Cambiasso etc, etc.

Agreed. I would have preferred this hadn't happened given our upturn in fortunes at the seasons end, but it may not be the end of the world that some are predicting.

And to those absolute sad acts who are proclaiming 'it's the worst day of my life' , the Thais are **** etc.

Grow up, or FOAD! As things stand THEY and their money is the reason we are in the PL, NOT Pearson. Without them there would be no Pearson second time around, no Cambiasso etc, etc.

Arguably because we'd still be on Pearson first time round... As for the line before - while their willingness to invest helped us up, Pearson is the one who got us up - don't fall into the idea that all it takes to go up is money.

im not sure whether this is correct but wasnt it said that cambiasso had this big plan with 10 games to go he sat down and wrote it out, was the formation his idea? ect ect...  Would love to see him given a crack. But i assume badges would hold him back?

What an uninspiring collection of names in the frame. Big Sam would guarantee us survival even if it sacrificed the freedom we played with for the back end of last season. If it's anyone like Dyche, Redknapp, O'Neill, Lennon etc then we could be looking at playing Championship football again. I honestly have so little faith in our owners ability to pick a decent manager.

Archived