Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

What makes you think Moyes is a dinosaur Col? By all accounts behind the scenes he brought Everton and then Manchester United's back rooms kicking and screaming into the 21st century.

Hes been around for about a zillion years mate. And Utd under Moyes were boring to watch and completely predictable. As I said, he'd be steady. All depends if you want steady or to take a chance on a younger bloke with fresh ideas.

Rather Moyes than Allardyce for me.

Allerdyce also is progressive with sports science etc.

Though does play largely hideous football. That is a reputation he deserves.

I remember him being the first to take really progressive and experimental steps regards set pieces when the offside rules changed. I don't doubt he's a smart bloke and a pragmatist.

But he's undeniably dull. It'd be a step down given Pearson has really learned to let his team off the leash since he's been here.

Guest ttfn

Hes been around for about a zillion years mate. And Utd under Moyes were boring to watch and completely predictable. As I said, he'd be steady. All depends if you want steady or to take a chance on a younger bloke with fresh ideas.

Steady now, take a chance later :thumbup:

If you think Moyes is a dinosaur, Col, then you must be a single celled prokaryote at the dawn of life on Earth. Moyes was amazing at Everton and is trying to improve himself abroad.

It's not like we'd get him, though.

Got to be big Sam, 100%. Steve Walsh worked with him at Newcastle, very much into sports science etc just like Pearson. Would for me, be the easiest transition.

Depressingly this is the only real option. Will happily take 1-2 seasons of mid table mediocrity and then look at a more exiting option down the line.

Allardyce would be a safe bet to maintain our position, but won't make much progress I wouldn't think. I'd accept Big Sam.

Moyes would be good, Klopp incredible would never happen.

A lot of the names being mentioned make me a bit angry (Dyche, Redknapp, Keane etc)

Archived