Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
howlinmadmurfdoc

Watches

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

Is an 80's Seiko worth anything? :)

Hi.  It depends on the model really.  Some of the vintage 80s watches are really starting to gain value and Seiko are a good make but lots of the more standard ones are worth not many at all.  Basic 80s models you can get from around £20 but for some of the more desirable ones you can get £100-£200 or even more if a real rarity.  Average price probably around £20-£60.  X

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

I actually buy and sell vintage and antique watches for a living and only just found this thread.  Some nice pieces. XX

Is a non-working 1957 gold-plated omega deville worth anything?

My girlfriend works in jewellery so I have about 5 boss watches, including a very nice part-skeleton automatic (retail about £450), which cost a tenner each. Nothing wrong with any of them. She got herself a load of Michael kors and citizens, again a tenner each. Saving up to get an omega at cost price.

• Like 1

On 31/07/2019 at 15:29, Kopic said:

Is a non-working 1957 gold-plated omega deville worth anything?

My girlfriend works in jewellery so I have about 5 boss watches, including a very nice part-skeleton automatic (retail about £450), which cost a tenner each. Nothing wrong with any of them. She got herself a load of Michael kors and citizens, again a tenner each. Saving up to get an omega at cost price.

So sorry for delayed response, for sone still unknown reason I have a posting restriction so wasn't able to reply yesterday. Sounds like you have a nice collection. The Omega will certainly have some value, is it a man's? I can certainly value it for you if you post a wee pic? Will obviously send the valuation in message not post in thread. :) 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

So sorry for delayed response, for sone still unknown reason I have a posting restriction so wasn't able to reply yesterday. Sounds like you have a nice collection. The Omega will certainly have some value, is it a man's? I can certainly value it for you if you post a wee pic? Will obviously send the valuation in message not post in thread. :) 

No problem, cheers for the reply. Yeah pretty nice collection especially when you take into consideration the price. I mean they are all fashion watches (also have an Armani and a kartel), but at that price I really can't complain.

With the omega, it is a man's, square face. It's my uncles, I dont currently have a photo of it but will send one over next time I see him. Thanks again.

3 hours ago, Kopic said:

No problem, cheers for the reply. Yeah pretty nice collection especially when you take into consideration the price. I mean they are all fashion watches (also have an Armani and a kartel), but at that price I really can't complain.

With the omega, it is a man's, square face. It's my uncles, I dont currently have a photo of it but will send one over next time I see him. Thanks again.

Yeah send one over when you can. One thing, I don't think they made Devilles until the late 60s early 70s, are you sure about the date? X 

36 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Actually, I just fact checked myself and think it was early 60s they were first made. :)

May be a 67, I just know it's quite old and been in the family a while. I remember finding it on the omega website back catalogue and it being one of few they didn't have photos of.

• Like 1