Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

It's the pinned tweet on the mcktv sports account. Basically said login to the website and open a ticket to ask to pay your invoice and they'll give you a link to the new payment site. Someone reported them so they had to stop taking payment on the original site.

I think mine is due for renewal in about a week, so is it just a case of raising a ticket asking for payment method?

I thought the whole thing had gone tits up - well it has for me.  I can't get into mcktv through kodi anymore (get some error message).  I can still get into it through the app, but the quality has been terrible.  HD has been jerky but watchable & SD is good quality but no sound.  Has this been the case for anyone else?

I was thinking about an alternative provider, but I didn't really want to.

7 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I think mine is due for renewal in about a week, so is it just a case of raising a ticket asking for payment method?

I thought the whole thing had gone tits up - well it has for me.  I can't get into mcktv through kodi anymore (get some error message).  I can still get into it through the app, but the quality has been terrible.  HD has been jerky but watchable & SD is good quality but no sound.  Has this been the case for anyone else?

That happened to me as well right before the Sunderland game las Tuesday. I wiped everything off my kodi and reinstalled it all and it worked again

i can't recommend running mcktv through perfect player enough though. Works great.  

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Yeah that's basically what you have to do.

I was considering quitting it the other week as it was so jumpy. They tweeted about doing some maintenance and it's been fine ever since.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Gone for this build:

:thumbup: from me.

Looks alright. I've found that almost all builds are crammed full of shit as well as the decent add ons. I just add the ones I want to the standard krypton build now. 

Apparently Alluc is a good add on for movies. Been around for a while, only just come across it myself though. 

2 hours ago, pSinatra said:

Do you have sky broadband?

4 minutes ago, stix said:

Do you have sky broadband?

I think it's Plusnet Fibre (unlimited)

I did wonder if it was the provider blocking me.  Plusnet has been pretty shit, compared to BT Infinity - until BT ramped the price up after the initial 18 month contract.  Apart from Plusnet dropping out occasionally & the speed being low for fibre, I've not had any blocking issues.

2 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I did wonder if it was the provider blocking me.  Plusnet has been pretty shit, compared to BT Infinity - until BT ramped the price up after the initial 18 month contract.  Apart from Plusnet dropping out occasionally & the speed being low for fibre, I've not had any blocking issues.

I'm pretty sure they can't block you without prior warning even if you are streaming football illegally.

3 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I'm on plusnet fibre, I don't get any issues.

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm pretty sure they can't block you without prior warning even if you are streaming football illegally.

I've got mcktv working perfectly again now (after following the advice on here).  I've had issues with other providers concerning kodi, but Plusnet have been no bother.

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I do and I've had no problems with it.

There can sometimes be issues with the sky shield changing settings automatically, only saying as it happened to me last week. I think it's quite common for sky customers using kodi. Although last week was the first and only time for me. 

5 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I'm on plusnet fibre, I don't get any issues.

I went through a period of a couple of weeks where the speed would sporadically drop to about 2mbps.  Or it would stop completely & I've had to reset it.  I get about 40mbps usually, but BT was always a lot higher & was pretty much perfect - but expensive.  Plusnet is fine for what I need it for.

Just now, pSinatra said:

I went through a period of a couple of weeks where the speed would sporadically drop to about 2mbps.  Or it would stop completely & I've had to reset it.  I get about 40mbps usually, but BT was always a lot higher & was pretty much perfect - but expensive.  Plusnet is fine for what I need it for.

Fair enough, i only pay for 38mps and that's what I get. They are better tha EE by miles, that service is rubbish. 

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Think my subscription ran out :(

Can't pay it through the website damnit. Did he get a new website up yet or not? 

He did. Open a ticket on the old website and they'll give you a link to the new one.

• Like 1

Just now, Innovindil said:

Think my subscription ran out :(

Can't pay it through the website damnit. Did he get a new website up yet or not? 

My subscription ran out yesterday.  When I got up this morning, I looked on mcktv & it seemed to be working as usual.  I thought maybe I was getting a freebie, but raised a ticket asking about how to pay.  I didn't want it to suddenly stop working midway through Arsenal v Leicester.

It's been working fine all day today.  It was only when you said yours wasn't working that I've had a closer look at things.  I haven't received a message, but my subscription as renewed & ends on 22/05.  I don't know if this was because I rasied a ticket or it renewed automatically.  It never used to renew automatically.  I had to physically go onto the website & do it

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

My subscription ran out yesterday.  When I got up this morning, I looked on mcktv & it seemed to be working as usual.  I thought maybe I was getting a freebie, but raised a ticket asking about how to pay.  I didn't want it to suddenly stop working midway through Arsenal v Leicester.

It's been working fine all day today.  It was only when you said yours wasn't working that I've had a closer look at things.  I haven't received a message, but my subscription as renewed & ends on 22/05.  I don't know if this was because I rasied a ticket or it renewed automatically.  It never used to renew automatically.  I had to physically go onto the website & do it

I opened a ticket to extend my sub then forgot about it. Can't make the payment now. Going to have to wait for him to get back to me on this new site. Cheers guys :D

As part of the package I pay for I've recently got an Australian channel ,Fox 504. It's nothing but Aussie rules but they have this Soccer AM type programme called The Bounce, which I have to say, is quite funny.

10 hours ago, pSinatra said:

Mine said it expired today despite buying another 3 months in March. I just opened a new ticket on the invoice website and it's all sorted now. 

35 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Mine said it expired today despite buying another 3 months in March. I just opened a new ticket on the invoice website and it's all sorted now. 

I reckon I have got a freebie.  I haven't paid & no money has been taken, but my service is showing as 'active' on the old website & the new one.  I'm not bothered about saving £4, I just want it to work........which it seems to be doing.

Looks like he might be having a few complications, which I suppose is to be expected.