Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

11 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Have you installed 3rd party apps on the Fire box before? If not I’ll dig out the full instructions.

I've installed things direct to it, like Terrarium, but never used this fire installer.

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Ah ok then, if you’re struggling let me know. It’s not exactly complex but there are a few bits to look out for.

Sorted it. First fire installer app I tried didn't work, but soon found a decent one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Sorted it. First fire installer app I tried didn't work, but soon found a decent one.

I guarantee you won’t be disappointed, the ui and layout is a bit novice compared to MCKTV but the quality of the streams so far has been faultless.

That went well

My MCKTV subscription runs out on Monday & following their latest payment problems, I've decided to go with Sportsdonkey.  Subscription & payment was a piece of piss.  For anyone thinking of signing up the latest discount code is "WELCOMEBACK" for 15% off.

Installed the addon.  Everything seemed fine, but I couldn't find the the video addon in the menu.  Turned the whole thing off & on again, to see if it would appear.  Now as soon as Kodi fires up, I get about 5 seconds & the whole thing just freezes.  I can't do anything.  I've rebooted about 20 times & the same thing happens every time.

I've had to reset the android box & will be spending the rest of the afternoon re-installing everything.

5 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Thank's for your help the other day @pSinatra That seems the only thing wrong with MCKTV.Mine is up for renewell next month and i have not got a clue how to pay them!

No problem.

I've swapped over to Sports Donkey now.  It's a shame, as I've never had a problem with them in the slightest.  Looking at their latest payment problems though, I'm the same as you - I don't know to pay them.  Something about a bank transfer?  Raise a ticket?  The poor lad who seems to be running the show has got such a lot on his plate at the moment & I don't want to risk a lapse in service.

As others have said, the Sports Donkey interface is not as easy to use as MCKTV but it isn't terrible by any stretch.  I've signed up for the year & with 15% off, it works out about the same price.

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up for a year with Sports Donkey - great for the sport, but also great streams of Sky Movies and other entertainment channels we don't have. Found out if I launch in Chrome on my phone then I can just stream directly via Chromecast which takes a lot of the hassle out of using the Firestick. Very pleased!

On 17/01/2018 at 17:01, pSinatra said:

No problem.

I've swapped over to Sports Donkey now.  It's a shame, as I've never had a problem with them in the slightest.  Looking at their latest payment problems though, I'm the same as you - I don't know to pay them.  Something about a bank transfer?  Raise a ticket?  The poor lad who seems to be running the show has got such a lot on his plate at the moment & I don't want to risk a lapse in service.

As others have said, the Sports Donkey interface is not as easy to use as MCKTV but it isn't terrible by any stretch.  I've signed up for the year & with 15% off, it works out about the same price.

Forget the Kodi addin mate, if you have android box install the app. It’s all on the play store.

Install MX Player or VLC
- Install Matrix TV Browser
- Run the application and type sportsdonkey.club in the Server prompt
- Use your SportsDonkey credentials to sign in

PM me if you need any extra help.

Edited by Strokes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Strokes said:

Forget the Kodi addin mate, if you have android box install the app. It’s all on the play store.

Install MX Player or VLC
- Install Matrix TV Browser
- Run the application and type sportsdonkey.club in the Server prompt
- Use your SportsDonkey credentials to sign in

PM me if you need any extra help.

Cheers mate.  I've already installed the app.........following the instructions you gave to someone else earlier in the thread.  Installed easy enough.  Thanks for your help.

After having Sports Donkey a few weeks now, it's fantastic.  There's a ridiculous amount of channels & if there's something going on somewhere, it will be on there.  During the AFC Championship Game (Patriots vs Jaguars) there was a problem with Sky's broadcast.  Not sure if the problem was with Sky or Sports Donkey, but within 5 seconds I found it on a US channel........all in 1080p.

What I originally thought was a complicated user interface.  I'd say this down to the vast amount of options available.  I'm not sure how you could make it uncomplicated.

10/10

1 minute ago, pSinatra said:

Cheers mate.  I've already installed the app.........following the instructions you gave to someone else earlier in the thread.  Installed easy enough.  Thanks for your help.

After having Sports Donkey a few weeks now, it's fantastic.  There's a ridiculous amount of channels & if there's something going on somewhere, it will be on there.  During the AFC Championship Game (Patriots vs Jaguars) there was a problem with Sky's broadcast.  Not sure if the problem was with Sky or Sports Donkey, but within 5 seconds I found it on a US channel........all in 1080p.

What I originally thought was a complicated user interface.  I'd say this down to the vast amount of options available.  I'm not sure how you could make it uncomplicated.

10/10

No worries I realised after I posted it was an old post :doh:

I just love that I’m all payed up for a year and don’t have that dread as a match is approaching that I might have to contact MCKTV admin lol

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Does anyone know is there anyway of using Sports donkey.. or similar on PC? 

i dont have a tv box and dont have any spare HDMI spots on my telly, so hoped i could just run on the laptop that runs through the telly?

With sports donkey you can watch it on an Internet browser, don't even need the app or kodi or anything. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

What does it mean when it says error check the log for more information. Pulling my hair out right now as Sport’s donkey has been brilliant so far but now can’t get onto it 

Sportsdonkey working fine on my box. Maybe your sub ran out? Or one of the apps needs updating?