Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

They sell these boxes on aliexpress, eBay and Amazon. You should get a decent box for anywhere between 30-50 quid.

I've had a look and there are lots of options... Any idea what's the best to get?

Edited by Babylon

I've had a look and there are lots of options... Any idea what's the best to get?

Imo,and I'm no expert, your broadband speed is more important than the box. Any quad core should do a job for you. A wireless keyboard is useful too.

Doubt it, unless it runs on android or windows os

I've inherited a Samsung tv that's wireless connected to the Internet never really made use of it although I did manage once to one of our matches streaming on it but never been able to since.

Most are very good, if you have an Ethernet connection you can't really go wrong.

Droidsticks are good, you pay a bit extra but get a wizard which updates your box, so you don't need to go searching all the time.

Personally, I'd buy a T8 from ali express and load the free wookie wizard.

If anyone has an Amazon fire HD box, there are tutorials out there that teach you how to sideload it on. I did it and it took about 10 minutes.

I did that, problem is is there isn't much storage space on there. You have to fresh start it every 10-12 months.

I suppose it depends how many add ons you have etc. I think I'll try that wookie set up.

I can definitely recommend it, it's the best customisation I've come across and it comes with an update tool. You might lose a few add ons and have to re install them, as it's better to start with a clean version of kodi.

Imo if I was to buy another box I would spend abit more than £50. All the boxes work, but my cheap mx pro box does have its limits. I've struggled with setting up an open vpn on there because of its limitations. And a wireless keyboard is a must.

I've installed kodi on my iMac now as well which runs alot better than my box does.

TvAddons is a must. As is Phoenix, and Genesis.

Anyone know if you can get kodi working on a TV with Internet?

I was speaking to somebody earlier and he reckons if it's a Samsung you can get Plex on it which is a similar kind of thing. There is a yearly subscription though.

I was speaking to somebody earlier and he reckons if it's a Samsung you can get Plex on it which is a similar kind of thing. There is a yearly subscription though.

Ok thanks, I'll stick with my laptop, I've got a new one so can connect to a tv via an HDMI cable as I only need the footy as other programmes i need subtitles and I don't think any of the programmes/films on these things have them.

Ok thanks, I'll stick with my laptop, I've got a new one so can connect to a tv via an HDMI cable as I only need the footy as other programmes i need subtitles and I don't think any of the programmes/films on these things have them.

You can enable subtitles on a lot of the films/TV series. 

You can enable subtitles on a lot of the films/TV series. 

Ok but I don't think many of them actually include sub titles even Sky don't on their on demand stuff as the say it makes it slower to download.  :dunno:

I don't use them myself but I know they work because I've enabled it accidently in the past. It's the first icon after the fast forward buttons, an oblong on it's side with a thick line through it. Some programmes will have it and some won't I suppose.

To be perfectly honest, I struggle with anything technical.  I've managed (watching youtube tutorials) to set it up.  I generally stick to Genesis or Phoenix for TV & movies.  As soon as I start looking for sports & Leicester matches it all gets a bit complicated, I get confused & revert to using my laptop.

Anyone worried about internet speed.  My connection runs at just under 5 Mb/s & connected using ethernet.  Never had a problem with it.

There is one thing that is beginning to piss me off.  I get this Japanese pop-up everytime I switch on.  It's normally on the homescreen & menu screens, but it has started poppping up during films now.  Anyone know how to remove pop-ups?

To be perfectly honest, I struggle with anything technical.  I've managed (watching youtube tutorials) to set it up.  I generally stick to Genesis or Phoenix for TV & movies.  As soon as I start looking for sports & Leicester matches it all gets a bit complicated, I get confused & revert to using my laptop.

Anyone worried about internet speed.  My connection runs at just under 5 Mb/s & connected using ethernet.  Never had a problem with it.

There is one thing that is beginning to piss me off.  I get this Japanese pop-up everytime I switch on.  It's normally on the homescreen & menu screens, but it has started poppping up during films now.  Anyone know how to remove pop-ups?

I've never had any pop ups. Maybe you've got some sort of malware. Perhaps you could fresh start it.

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1