Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Drown out Villa's version of it (they pull it off), that'll do me.

I would be quite intrigued to see how we do without clappers now. Said it a few times now, I don't like them but if this period of having them is what was needed to demonstrate how good a supportive home crowd is to our fans then they were worth it.

Guest CityFan 06

Agree Dan LCFC, now the fans know how much our support influences the players at home, surely we can continue this great atmosphere without clappers?

Agree Dan LCFC, now the fans know how much our support influences the players at home, surely we can continue this great atmosphere without clappers?

Why would you want to reduce the noise by half? We use the clappers..is that really so bad?!

• Like 1

If people want the clappers so much, why don't they put them back in their seats at the end of the game or just bring them with them? 

Club being very generous doing a new set each game, but seems silly. 

I actually thought it was quite flat for prolonged periods yesterday, more so than I can remember at other times. I think that's mainly down to how good it's been in previous games (in terms of continuous chanting) and or course the sheer humidity, everybody seemed shattered. lol

Definitely the weather, felt like I'd climbed Everest when I got to my seat. Just sitting still seemed to use all my energy let along going mad, one good thing about the clappers is they make a great fan when hot lol

If people want the clappers so much, why don't they put them back in their seats at the end of the game or just bring them with them?

Well if they charge a £1 booking fee on each ticket they are still quids in

Let's just sing LEICESTER LEICESTER LEICESTER, LEICESTER LEICESTER LEICESTER LEICESTERRRRRR (arms aloft and spread even wider at the second syllable of Les-tah) for 90 mins please.

Leicester!

This is my favourite chant. Hairs on the back of my neck stand up whenever we sing it!

problem for me is mine is knackered by the end of the match! Ironic as first natch they were introduced I thought they were naff, but next natch I started using them and now bit like a pringles! think they're great!

on i was sat in sk1 around row h (usually sk4 corner) and the atmosphere was buzzing and that second half period was memorable with 15 mins of constant singing.

Must say the union fs corner with the flags looks quality. Would be great to have more flags around the stadium.

problem for me is mine is knackered by the end of the match! Ironic as first natch they were introduced I thought they were naff, but next natch I started using them and now bit like a pringles! think they're great!

on i was sat in sk1 around row h (usually sk4 corner) and the atmosphere was buzzing and that second half period was memorable with 15 mins of constant singing.

Must say the union fs corner with the flags looks quality. Would be great to have more flags around the stadium.

I'm at the back of SK1 and nobody around me uses them so we'll lob a few spares down to row H.

I'm at the back of SK1 and nobody around me uses them so we'll lob a few spares down to row H.

Fair enough but the point is these clappers have significantly improved the atmosphere coincided with the already great contribution from L1 and SK1. Maybe one day we can dispose of them but in the meantime they are making the whole crowd participate, which is a first.

• Like 2

Fair enough but the point is these clappers have significantly improved the atmosphere coincided with the already great contribution from L1 and SK1. Maybe one day we can dispose of them but in the meantime they are making the whole crowd participate, which is a first.

As much as I dislike the clappers, I can understand they've helped to make a huge improvement and can accept they are probably around for the foreseeable. 

Can anyone that uses one explain why you're more likely to get involved with clapping than without the clapper? Purely interested...

I've found I just subconsciously clap along with the clapper, whilst focussing on the match, more so than I do clapping, I think in part because the clapper requires less energy, so a half hearted clap with a clapper makes more noise than a half hearted clap with your hands.

I go with my Dad, who is getting on a bit, and goes for the football, rather than to create an atmosphere, but he was happy clapping along with the clapper, making more noise than he would have done without it.

• Like 3

Gokhan Inler said he was blown away by the amazing atmosphere inside the King Power Stadium as he made his Leicester City debut.

The Swiss international made his City bow as a replacement for Danny Drinkwater in the 80th minute of City's 1-1 draw with Tottenham – and it was certainly an eventful final 10 minutes for the Foxes and their new £5million signing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Within a minute, Spurs opened the scoring through Dele Alli but 60 seconds later Riyad Mahrez scored a stunning equaliser and both sides could have snatched the victory in the closing stages.

Afterwards, Inler reflected on his introduction to life as a City player and said he can't wait for Tuesday night's trip to Bury in the Capital One Cup, where he is expected to make his full debut.

"It was wonderful, an amazing feeling," he said.

"We played very well as well so I am happy to have made my debut for Leicester City.

"I look forward now to the cup and we will see what happens.

"Of course, I want to play but the manager decides who will play.

"I am just happy to be here and, when I play, I give my best.

"The atmosphere was incredible. The sound inside the ground after we scored was just amazing. I felt it. The Premier League is really nice.

"I thought the team played really well but Tottenham also played very well and kept possession very well, but we didn't give up and we will take the point."

Mahrez's strike was a great individual goal but Inler said the rest of the team deserved praise for providing Mahrez with the platform to showcase his attacking talents.

"Riyad is a wonderful player but I think he also needs the rest of the players to play well because we fight for him and he fights for us," he said.

"This is the third game he has scored in this season and I am happy for him."

City boss Claudio Ranieri admitted during his post-match press conference that Inler will start at Gigg Lane tomorrow night.

"The first test showed us that he is at the same level (of fitness) as the rest of the team, which is good," he said.

"It is important that he understands the tempo and the rhythm, how the Premier League plays.

"I think he will play from the beginning at Bury."

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-x-Tottenham-x/story-27661755-detail/story.html#UjcqacOzyrdL8rGB.99

• Like 1

As much as I dislike the clappers, I can understand they've helped to make a huge improvement and can accept they are probably around for the foreseeable.

Can anyone that uses one explain why you're more likely to get involved with clapping than without the clapper? Purely interested...

People that have always made noise can still use the clappers. I'm no more likely to be involved because of them, I've always made as much noise as I can and I think that's the important point here. If they enable us to make even more noise then what's the problem? I think they're great and will continue to use them.

• Like 1

I would prefer not to have them, but clearly the vast majority of the stadium use them and that gets the noise levels up and people involved. As long as this is the case then keep em I say.

And don't listen to the oppo fans. Of course they will rip us, but they will do this whatever, so who cares?

I'm sure if there was a choice of having the same atmosphere with or without the clappers, then we'd probably all pick without.

But I have noticed it in the West Stand - people who previously just sat and watched the game without clapping/singing now regularly use the clapper and some have even started to sing/mumble along with songs.It would be interesting to have a game without the clappers, and to see if those that are now more involved in generating atmosphere continued to do so. 

Err.. because they are in bits!

Ps. Quote from Inler.."The atmosphere was incredible. The sound inside the ground after we scored was just amazing"

Read more at http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-x-Tottenham-x/story-27661755-detail/story.html#fthgJcuhckOjz9h1.99

We received plenty of plaudits for our atmosphere yesterday.

The commentator on Sky said the leicester fans at one point were "increasing the noise levels if that was possible as they're always noisy". The BBC commentators mentioned the noise level and how it was like this last season and Ranieri complimented the crowd on the noise level.

We are getting a reputation as a noisy intimidating stadium.

Yes we will have some opposition fans doing the usual of trying to belittle the atmosphere by saying the 'clappers' are tinpot or saying the chants are unoriginal.

Sod 'em. They really are just jealous. They really wish their home atmosphere was as good.

Yes in an ideal world I wish our 'songbook' was more varied but generally the more fans that get involved the more 'basic' and straight forward the chants become, as they are easier for everyone to follow.

The players have said they like the crowd being noisy and so to be honest I'm sure they're not bothered about 'variety' they just want to hear a loud crowd backing them.

Let's keep it up folks, especially if/when we go behind in a game.

Oh and well done again to UnionFS, the brilliant TIFO, started it all off well.

I concur wholehearted.