Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Okazaki interviews, comments and pictures from the Japanese media

Pre-match Merson was very negative towards Leicester and Ranieri, post match he wasn't exactly raving over anything, but you could see we proved to him and such the media, we're not taking their shit. Merson pronounced Okazaki's name, 'Hockey-saki.'

Phil Thompson wrote it down on apiece of paper and suggested to Merse how his name should be pronounced.

Pre-match Merson was very negative towards Leicester and Ranieri, post match he wasn't exactly raving over anything, but you could see we proved to him and such the media, we're not taking their shit. Merson pronounced Okazaki's name, 'Hockey-saki.'

Phil Thompson wrote it down on apiece of paper and suggested to Merse how his name should be pronounced.

• Like 1

Here's the top page of his blog site. The Chinese character displayed so prominently means 'Samurai'. (This one: 侍). The blog content's about him meeting up with Maya Yoshida in London, and hoping Yoshida can help him settle in. The previous entry shows a photo of him and Fuchs and says 'I think we'll be best mates!'.

http://ameblo.jp/okazaki-shinji/

Edited by kushiro

He's been great so far, really impressed with him.

You just know that even if he doesn't bag as many goals as you'd like, his work rate will almost make up for it. 

I wonder if he had a chat with Yuki Abe about his time here and if he recommended us despite struggling with home sickness himself.

The previous entry shows a photo of him and Fuchs and says 'I think we'll be best mates!'.

http://ameblo.jp/okazaki-shinji/

On the way back from the Lincoln friendly, we were stuck in front of Fuchs' BMW as he drove Shinji home. The two looked to be getting on well, possibly with German as a common language. Edited by Górnik Leicester

On the way back from the Lincoln friendly, we were stuck in front of Fuchs' BMW as he drove Shinji home. The two looked to be getting on well, possibly with German as a common language.

I'm sure you're right about the German. I like the start of this video where Hasebe, his international captain, is showing him  a list of key German phrases.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHBCL6Ex9PU

Who'll teach him English, I wonder? Wouldn't be surprised if that were Fuchs too.

He's been great so far, really impressed with him.

You just know that even if he doesn't bag as many goals as you'd like, his work rate will almost make up for it. 

I wonder if he had a chat with Yuki Abe about his time here and if he recommended us despite struggling with home sickness himself.

Pretty sure in the Sunderland program he said in the interview that he asked Yuki Abe about his time here.

Abe replied saying 'Leicester was fully of nice people' or something along those lines.

Samurai Striker sounds much better than Kamikaze Defender.

That's hilarious.

By the way, if anyone wants a bit of background on this thread please have a look at the post I've put in the new members' introductions section.

If he scores todays game, it's taken up at the top of tomorrow's Japanese news.

The topic is most important by Japanese soccer player in EU

I'm supporting Leicester and OKAZAKI!!

応援してるぞ!頑張れ岡崎!!

• Like 4