Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RonnieTodger

What music do you hate?

The new Calvin Harris shite, every time I hear "up next How Deep Is Your Love" I'm thinking "it's either Bee Gees or Take That, can't go wrong there decent track" and then that excuse for a song comes on. "Is it like Nirvana" **** off is it, sounds like some shitty Apple loops track some kid made

That and Blue - Eiffel 65 gets stuck in my head

Any form of c-rap,hip hop,and all this 'pop' style rap that kids listen to nowadays,

Much prefer indie rock,and listening to a bandin a pub than the shite they have in bars nowadays,

Still love me underground trance,though it's had its day when you get tiesto doing shit with buster rhymes

Edited by Russell sprout

• 2 years later...

That Liam Payne - Strip That Down that's never off the radio is absolutely fuching embarrassing. I hate everything about it. The melody is awful and the line, "One coke and bacardi, sip it lightly" makes my skin crawl. 

It's weird, because I hate it a bit more every time I hear it. 

Little Mix - Power is nearly as bad.

Edited by Raw Dykes
I fvcked up

4 hours ago, lgfualol said:

German folk music is absolutely painful. So are those songs where a soft-voiced man/woman sings emotionally over soft piano or guitar - I get why it's popular but come on. 

Oh god. Yeah. There's so many adverts and trailers where a board room obviously said, "pick any old 80s hit, strip it down to vocals and one instrument, play it at half the tempo. Done. Let's **** off home." It's been done to death.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Oh god. Yeah. There's so many adverts and trailers where a board room obviously said, "pick any old 80s hit, strip it down to vocals and one instrument, play it at half the tempo. Done. Let's **** off home." It's been done to death.

Can't wait for this year's Christmas John Lewis advert with a breathy chanteuse covering Bernard Cribbins' 'Right Said Fred'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bands like The Kooks, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand and their ilk are really just so f**king awful. I mean, real dross.

They're pretty much the reason I took up smoking at university. Any time one of their songs, or anything similar started playing when I was out I felt compelled to leave the building.

54 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Bands like The Kooks, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand and their ilk are really just so f**king awful. I mean, real dross.

They're pretty much the reason I took up smoking at university. Any time one of their songs, or anything similar started playing when I was out I felt compelled to leave the building.

all superb bands

On 16/10/2017 at 08:53, Raw Dykes said:

That Liam Payne - Strip That Down that's never off the radio is absolutely fuching embarrassing. I hate everything about it. The melody is awful and the line, "One coke and bacardi, sip it lightly" makes my skin crawl. 

It's weird, because I hate it a bit more every time I hear it. 

Little Mix - Power is nearly as bad.

Yeah man - It's no wonder that all kids are turning into absolute manipulative batty boi ****s when shit like this is exposed to them from a young age freely on the mainstream radio stations. The melody and lyrics are absolutely brain melting and mind-numbing. When I heard that Little Mix song first time, I felt my IQ slightly drop.

Maybe I'm just a boring old ****er. But if I heard my Son/Daughter listen to that shit it'd be straight out the window.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Adster said:

Yeah man - It's no wonder that all kids are turning into absolute manipulative batty boi ****s when shit like this is exposed to them from a young age freely on the mainstream radio stations. The melody and lyrics are absolutely brain melting and mind-numbing. When I heard that Little Mix song first time, I felt my IQ slightly drop.

Maybe I'm just a boring old ****er. But if I heard my Son/Daughter listen to that shit it'd be straight out the window.

Out of interest, what do you listen to?

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Out of interest, what do you listen to?

I'm a big rock and metal fan. And yes before you presumably start it's not everyone's cup of tea either, it's all subjective. At least they write they're own music and show emotion. I listened to a song by Drake the other day (no idea what song it was) and he sounded like a freakin' zombie. It sounded like even he couldn't be bothered to produce it.

Some modern music is okay. However, the mainstream dross simply isn't good at all - just my opinion.

I think they call it free form Jazz, where they all seem to be playing a different song at the same time, the double bassist is mellowy playing a "dum-be-dum-dum-dum" riff, the drums sound like they're being chucked down a staircase and the sax sounds like Sweep (off the Sooty show) having an orgasm. I think it was the Fast Show who ripped the P out of this genre with the Jools Holland-esque presenter listening to a load of crap but nodding and saying "Niiiiice"! The first time I heard any I presumed they were all just tuning up, I didn't realise the band had started their set!

Edited by fazzyfox

Some great shouts in here - besides the obvious chart shit (Little Mix, Bruno Mars etc), those lame soft covers used on adverts, shitty folk music, anything that thumps out of a chav's Corsa stereo...

...above all, one thing that pisses me off is when shit old indie bands try to make a comeback. I mean, most indie music is dire, but James, Shed 7, Inspiral Carpets - they announce tours a) as if they're still heavyweights and b) as if they were top of the game in the first place. Makes my skin crawl, and the music is proper bullshit.

On 17/10/2017 at 13:54, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

all superb bands

Agreed. Went to the kooks at dmh earlier this year and it was class. Seen them a few times before back in the day and they’ve still got it. Bands like them get bad press for some reason but it’s just fun indie-pop. Nowt wrong with it

• 2 weeks later...