Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Glenn Hoddle.

Now this isn't a thread to say he should be the next England manager, just to be clear.

I'm just watching this programme on Sky 'Hoddle: Touch of Genius", the man was an absolutely brilliant footballer and a good manager on the whole, obviously his England time ended in a bad way and he obviously regrets what he said.

My only question is, if anyone knows the answer, how is this man not involved in the game now?

Even listening to him on commentary the other night he was so insightful.

Now this isn't a thread to say he should be the next England manager, just to be clear.

I'm just watching this programme on Sky 'Hoddle: Touch of Genius", the man was an absolutely brilliant footballer and a good manager on the whole, obviously his England time ended in a bad way and he obviously regrets what he said.

My only question is, if anyone knows the answer, how is this man not involved in the game now?

Isn't he a coach at QPR? Or was last season anyway.

Yeah, from the videos I've seen of Hoddle he looked an unreal footballer.

England players under his management even said he was still the best footballer when he got involved in training sessions. lol

That goal he scored for Spurs against Oxford (I think) was unbelievable. He tweeted it a few months back because it was his last game for Spurs.

Left when Redknapp did mate.

Ahh makes sense. 

Agree with what someone else said, would be good to get him introduced at youth level for a club or even England. Always says that kids should first and foremost learn to be comfortable receiving the ball under pressure.

That goal he scored for Spurs against Oxford (I think) was unbelievable. He tweeted it a few months back because it was his last game for Spurs.

His one v United, oh my.

I would love to see him involved with England in some capacity.

Unfortunately even if he was to be offered a role in the National side, the media would more than likely make it a huge issue and start a campaign to stop him.

Such a shame.

I generally quite like him but other night he just rimmed Rooney and England for 90 minutes despite them being fairly disappointing.

I thought the last 2 England games were made more boring by his dull tones. Some of the stuff he came out with was like something off  FIFA PS4 or whatever it's called, my lads play it and i've been known to have a go or two. He was undoubtedly a great player, i rated him highly when he was England manager and would have liked him at city at times, but as a co-commentator he is just dull imo. Each to his/her own, but for me i'd never watch ITV football if there was an alternative, i think they're awful. 

The man should have a big hand in the future of our national sides, whether that be at U21 level or younger. He has the vision and style to make some changes that we badly need. His coaching academy was impressive and was an insight in to what he could achieve if he was given a proper role that could make changes to our abysmal national set up.

What he said at the time was outrageous. If he's showed genuine contrition since he deserves another crack at manager, he's a good one. Could have managed England for years. I'd have taken him here over many of the names mentioned.

Problem is Hoddle stands by what he said and maintains the journalist who reported what was said has miss used his words, either way it was bloody daft.

For me I think we need someone over seeing the whole of English football, not the 'head coach' of the national team but someone who is the head of English football. Someone who sets out their vision and lays a structure for all our national sides to follow!

This is where I would like to see Hoddle take over. Him at the top, him in charge of our future football philosophy. Able to employ the head coach who he thinks is good enough for the job, not an FA yes man. Adopt a style of play that is used and followed from the senior side right through to the Under 17s, yeah you can change your tactics for a certain match but it would be good to see our sides all play I the same way.

Archived