Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grandad.

Glenn Hoddle.

Man walks into bar and finds himself standing next to Glenn Hoddle.

Being serious, me and the missus were on holiday just outside Jerez de la frontier in 2009. Booked into hotel and as per usual I go straight to the bar while she unpacks the cases etc. I know my place and limitations. Only one other person at the bar, one Glenn Hoddle. What do you do. So I give him a subtle nod "alright mate" type of greeting. He ignores me.

So I go and sit down, in walks Nigel Spackman and Dave Beasant. They are running some sort of football academy for failed footballers. Spackman and Beasant engaged in some polite chit chat, but Hoddle never said good morning once or acknowledged us once in ten days. Just walked straight past henever we passed in corridors etc. He's either very shy or very ignorant. Either way, clearly to me not a leader, has zero charisma, and can understand why he never had an extended career in football management.

• 1 year later...
On 2015-9-10 at 13:13, Grandad. said:

Now this isn't a thread to say he should be the next England manager, just to be clear.

I'm just watching this programme on Sky 'Hoddle: Touch of Genius", the man was an absolutely brilliant footballer and a good manager on the whole, obviously his England time ended in a bad way and he obviously regrets what he said.

My only question is, if anyone knows the answer, how is this man not involved in the game now?

Even listening to him on commentary the other night he was so insightful.

Really? Watching the confederation cup tonight, and many previous outgoings as a commentator, I can only conclude the man is a blathering idiot.

Great player, dodgy manager, horrendous pundit.

Archived