Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

The Politics Thread

More smear stories from the evil Murdoch in today's Sunday Times. They say that Corbyn's son Seb has been promoted to Mcdonnell's chief of staff with a rise of up to £18,212 , paid for by the taxpayer.

As if the man of principal would promote a 24 yr old to such a high post, just because Sebs his son.

I for one shall never read the Times again.

More smear stories from the evil Murdoch in today's Sunday Times. They say that Corbyn's son Seb has been promoted to Mcdonnell's chief of staff with a rise of up to £18,212 , paid for by the taxpayer.

As if the man of principal would promote a 24 yr old to such a high post, just because Sebs his son.

I for one shall never read the Times again.

But that is exactly what a smear is, Claridge. Unless, of course, you have evidence to support your assertion?

It's not exactly mainstream news when it only affects 1,500 properties in Liverpool though, is it? That's 0.006% of UK homes. I don't know how you define 'mainstream' but that surely is not it.

It is a ruling that affects all councils, is how I read it.

" An Upper Tribunal decision handed down this week proves my long-held point that potentially ALL bedroom tax decisions have been unlawfully determined."

But that is exactly what a smear is, Claridge. Unless, of course, you have evidence to support your assertion?

Only what I read in the paper Buce and it could easily be rubbish. Not very clever if it's true though is it?

Also read that there is no longer going to be a debate about Trident at the conference this week , wonder why that is?

It is a ruling that affects all councils, is how I read it.

" An Upper Tribunal decision handed down this week proves my long-held point that potentially ALL bedroom tax decisions have been unlawfully determined."

Yes the councils probably shouldn't have relied on the landlords descriptions and they might have to revisit some decisions but the amount of cases where this will be applicable will be tiny from a mainstream perspective.

Only what I read in the paper Buce and it could easily be rubbish. Not very clever if it's true though is it?

Also read that there is no longer going to be a debate about Trident at the conference this week , wonder why that is?

No, what you read in the paper is that Corbyn's son has been given the job. I assume that is fact. To say he has been given the job because he is Corbyn's son is conjecture (I'm not clear if that's your conjecture, or that of the Times), stated as fact. In other words, a smear.

You don't need to wonder why Trident renewal isn't being discussed: it has been reported in all the main news channels. I dare say it may even be in the Times.

Can you provide a quote from the Times article, Claridge? Because, oddly, Google seems to have missed it. The only reference to Seb Corbyn is a Daily Mail article, dated August 15th, which mentions him getting a job as a researcher for Jim McDonnel's campaign team. Not quite what you've stated, is it? Maybe you could provide a link?

Can you provide a quote from the Times article, Claridge? Because, oddly, Google seems to have missed it. The only reference to Seb Corbyn is a Daily Mail article, dated August 15th, which mentions him getting a job as a researcher for Jim McDonnel's campaign team. Not quite what you've stated, is it? Maybe you could provide a link?

Can you provide a quote from the Times article, Claridge? Because, oddly, Google seems to have missed it. The only reference to Seb Corbyn is a Daily Mail article, dated August 15th, which mentions him getting a job as a researcher for Jim McDonnel's campaign team. Not quite what you've stated, is it? Maybe you could provide a link?[/quote

It's on page 7 of the main paper and says he has been promoted to chief of staff for John McDonnell.also says he was a researcher for McDonnell before his dad got the leadership.in fairness ,that makes it far less of a story

It's on page 7 of the main paper and says he has been promoted to chief of staff for John McDonnell.also says he was a researcher for McDonnell before his dad got the leadership.in fairness ,that makes it far less of a story

That's an understatement, Claridge; it is no kind of a story.

I have no problem with you having right-wing views, but this is not the first time you've made an attack on Corbyn based on complete fabrication.

That's an understatement, Claridge; it is no kind of a story.

I have no problem with you having right-wing views, but this is not the first time you've made an attack on Corbyn based on complete fabrication.

Complete fabrication? McDonnell gets a job that he's not really qualified for and corbyn's son gets a plum job working for him.not the end of the world I know,but family members getting jobs on the public payroll doesn't sit quite right with many people and is certainally not my idea of a new type of politics.and yes I do think the Tories are just as bad in this regard

Complete fabrication? McDonnell gets a job that he's not really qualified for and corbyn's son gets a plum job working for him.not the end of the world I know,but family members getting jobs on the public payroll doesn't sit quite right with many people and is certainally not my idea of a new type of politics.and yes I do think the Tories are just as bad in this regard

You claimed that he had got the job because he is Corbyn's son. No evidence. No link. Nothing to support your assertion.

So, yes, fabrication.

You claimed that he had got the job because he is Corbyn's son. No evidence. No link. Nothing to support your assertion.

So, yes, fabrication.[/quote

24 seems very young to have such a job. Be interested to see what his qualifications are.Would you be so understanding of Cameron giving an unqualified eton chum a post in his government?

So it is the first time the relative of someone  in a prominent position has landed a plumb job?

Re that high court decision. It affects the whole country. They sat that a room description cannot be acted upon a landlords say so.

It has to be determined by a decision maker  after an inspection. This was the ruling when the BT was introduced  so in essence any council that acted  solely on a landlords word are in breach of the law. This goes for Labour councils as well as Tory and LibDem's. The cost to inspect all properties will be more than it will bring in. There are also the thousands of houesholds wrongly charged that will receive rebates. Unfortunayely for those that have lost their homes it is too late.

So, yes, fabrication.[/quote

24 seems very young to have such a job. Be interested to see what his qualifications are.Would you be so understanding of Cameron giving an unqualified eton chum a post in his government?

IDS? Osbourne?( not Eton but public school and uni) Johnson?

More electric vehicles, more fracking, job done.

Leave ISIS to implode would be my view. Just ignore them and they'll soon turn on each other.

No fracking please, way too many pollution concerns about that given what's happened with it in the US. Either don't use it at all or use it really, really sparingly and push for more fusion research to take over ASAP.

Daily Politics did the box at the Labour conference on trident, pretty much 50-50 whether to scrap or renew.

None of the famous MP's wanted to give anything away, Cooper and Johnson both legged it and Len McCluskey showed how weird he is again by nicking the last ball and running away.

This issue should have been sorted this week, you shouldn't let divisive things linger.

They'll never learn will they?

More politics of envy that will only appeal to their core vote, pathetic.

Robin Hood tax lol

Be fun to see a by-election in a safe labour seat.

Apart from a few posters on here, i have yet to hear anyone who has a good word for Corbyn. To win their support he needs to show that Labour is the party for working people not one driven by the old politics of greed and envy. 

Archived