Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

I've seen a few but really wouldn't want to approach them as they must get so sick of it. I made an exception for Ray Davies so I could get his autograph.

Our family friend in New York has a lot of great stories to tell.

He lives next door to Liam Neeson who is apparently a nice guy.

He used to be a cameraman so worked on interviews with Maradona and Pele when they were in the US. Apparently Maradona was a dick and very full of himself.

He did work with John Lennon and had breakfast with him a few times - his daughter is now Yoko Ono's PA. His son in law spent years on tour with the Rolling Stones and wrote a book about it called 'Under Their Thumb'.

He also knew Walter Cronkite quite well and watched Bob Dylan before he was famous and didn't like his music!

It's fascinating just chatting to him.

• Like 1

too many questions for one thread title imo

however, time to roll out the bolo zenden bought me an orange story. that's it really though, bolo zenden bought me a fizzy drink one time. 

ive "met" loads of liverpool players (mainly older ones) but never really have anything cool to tell about them cos i was like aged 10-12 or something so wasnt exactly gonna go for a pint with them. seen neil danns dancing on his bill in a private booth in a bar in liverpool once too. saw the whole everton squad on their way back from barnsley last month at like 2 in the morning in a service station getting the costas in. tim howard called me dude. 

Morrissey, really nice chap. Nugent at twin lakes, again nice and approachable. Karen Carney, lovely lass. Taylor Momsen, miserable cow.

Where did you meet Morrissey?

• Like 3

Liam Gallagher, Knebworth first day. Me and two mates were off our nuts and staggered into an area where he was charging about in a golf cart. Didn't know it was him to I spewed some abuse. He stopped and got out with his giant minder and came up for a chat. Very civil and amusing. Can't recall why but I stuck a finger in his belly button. He slagged off a few back stage leeches to us. All a bit hazy but good moment nevertheless.

Met Drinky at Birmingham airport.

Really nice bloke. Wished me a nice holiday, finished his Burger King then waves me goodbye lol

On first name terms with Mark Selby. What a humble guy. Used to play pool Thursday nights in the everards league for first break. Won his game, offered everyone in the place a drink. Real rags to riches story.

On a hillside desolate

In a place where they could go where they were not known.

He gave him something that he wouldn't forget too soon.

Under the iron bridge.

I dunno but i bet there was a light that never went out.

In a panic on the streets of London.

:appl: ... I set myself up for that I guess

But it was a serious question. Or are you the buck-toothed girl from Luxembourg?

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2

I was in a pub after a match during taylors era joining in a heated football debate with some friends when one of them got up and went toilet. A couple of minutes later he emerged out the toilet with Steve Walsh who he brought over to help settle our football debate, very diplomatically he saw both sides of the argument and had a brief chat with us, told us that taylor had barred him from the club.

I threw Alison Moyet, fully clothed, into her own swimming pool. In defence, I would have to say she started it. We were both a bit pissed. Afterwards, she came round and wallpapered our living room. She likes wallpapering. God knows why.

I also interviewed Nick Cook for a job once, and rolled a joint for Simon Fuller (Ocean Colour Scene) backstage at Wolverhampton Civic Hall. I also bowled a maiden to David Gower once, though to be fair he was 16, and he did go on to make a century.

Leslie Phillips is my brother's godfather, oddly enough, though I've never met him.

• Like 1

Back in the 74/75 season, we were struggling at the wrong end of the table, then we brought in Chris Garland from Chelsea, and he scored a hat trick on his home debut against Wolves, and proceeded to go on a  scoring run that helped keep us up.

Well anyway, he was making a few headlines with his goal scoring form, and the local midland tv station sent a reporter to the training ground, to interview Chris Garland.

My brother and his mate were down there getting the players autographs at the time, and thought this was a great chance to get themselves on the tele, so went and stood at the side of Garland.

The reporter was not best pleased to have them there, and basically told them to sod off, or words to that effect.

Chris Garland then told the reporter, that if he didn`t let the 2 lads stand next to him for the interview, then he wouldn`t do the interview.

My brother and his mate were then duly invited to stand next to Garland while they interviewed him, and were seen later on the tele, as they had hoped for.

Never forgotten what Garland done for what were just a couple of kids really, what a top man.

• Like 1

I know a premier league star and his family.

My brother in law used to be a main character in dream team for those that remember it haha.

One of my best friends is a former reality star.

And in no particular order I have met Robbie Savage, Dennis Wise, Ade Akinbiyi!, Jermain Defoe, Anton Ferdinand, Steve Morison, Joe Dempsie, Randy Orton, Riyad Mahrez, Jake Bugg, Paul Chuckle, Alan Mccormack, Roy Cropper, Rendal Monroe, Tom Meighan. Probably missing a few out.

Just realised I probably sound like a right bullshi^^er  lol  lol All geniune I promise.

Jamie Vardy

Nuge

Kingy

Anthony Knockheart

Marcin Wasilewski

Esteban

Muzzy Izzet

Steve Claridge

Conrad

Sven

Kasabian

The Italian Prime minister

James Corden

Sarah Millican

Mark Watson

John Bishop

Ross Noble

A dog that was in that film Madonna directed

I've met Mark Albrighton quite a few times,

He's from my hometown and was out in the same pubs quite a bit when he was younger at the Villa. Also his partner's Grandma is in the same Residential home as mine and is always popping in to see her. Everytime he visits my grandma decides to ring :)

Also his brother is my sister's gym partner, it is quite a small town!

He really is such a top, down to earth bloke, I was gutted when it didn't initially work out for him here but so delighted he's turned it around

Other famous people include Tim Flowers (who has been in my kitchen! Honestly), Kelly Jones, Derren Brown and Matt Le Blanc. Also if anybody remembers a band called The Cooper Temple Clause I randomly watched the 2003 FA Cup Final them in a pub in Wolverhampton #random 

Edited by Staffs Fox