Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I went fishing with Chris Tarrant.

I'd spent the day trying not to do any Who wants to be a millionnaire quotes as that would be uncool and I assumed that he would be fed up of hearing it.

We had a barbeque and one of the lads had his missrs on the mobile who didn't believe that Chris Tarrant was there. He asked him to speak to her, which he was happy to do, and launched straight into....

Hello Sandra, I've got Mike here who's on £32,000 and needs your help....

lol

Celebs love having their catchphrases quoted back to them ad nauseum. Trust me.

• Haha 1

I used to run a retail store in Chiswick, West London and one day the Regional Manager visited unannounced. He looked round the store and suggested  a couple of moves on Kitchenware.

Showing willing I agreed to start them there and then. Being a hands on bloke he said we should get things started by moving the Photo Booth. In those days they could be slid along. So we started shifting it, found it quite difficult and it seemed very heavy. This was much to the annoyance of Vanessa Redgrave who, unknown to us, was sat inside having her photo taken. She got out and started shouting at us. Needless to say, all we could do was utter feeble apologies while feeling very embarassed. 

Weird thing was, three weeks later she was in the photo booth again and didn't like the the photos that came out, said they made her look ugly. Insisted on speaking to me the manager, when anyone could have helped her. I got called down and had to listen to her ranting. We gave her a refund.  

Met Jimmy Carter and his wife. Top man; spent time chatting and taking questions from my students. 

Once as a child accidentally addressed Magic Johnson as “Mr. Jackson” and he told me with a laugh that I had the “wrong black man, buddy” 

Mitt Romney was also a top guy; took a photograph with our class and shook all 20 of our hands whilst chatting with our teachers.

Edited by UPinCarolina

After uni I worked at Paul Smith and I met quite a few famous people during my time there, mostly soap stars to be honest. However the one that stands out is Gareth Southgate. Really enjoyed serving him and he came across as really quite shy. Nice guy though. 

Little did I know that a few years later he’d be managing the England team in a World Cup finals. 

Edited by rn9013
  • Like 1

On 18/06/2018 at 00:53, UPinCarolina said:

Met Jimmy Carter and his wife. Top man; spent time chatting and taking questions from my students. 

Once as a child accidentally addressed Magic Johnson as “Mr. Jackson” and he told me with a laugh that I had the “wrong black man, buddy” 

Mitt Romney was also a top guy; took a photograph with our class and shook all 20 of our hands whilst chatting with our teachers.

My father in law, Paul Dahl, knew Mitt Romney really well. He said he was great guy

• 2 months later...

I've just got back from a beer festival in Cosby & Nigel Spink was there.  I hate Villa, but that team from the 80's was great.  Made his his debut for Villa in the European cup final against Bayern Munich & played an absolute blinder.  

It's always a bit awkward approaching anyone remotely well known, but he was perfectly nice. His family seemed quite chuffed that two random & extremely pissed blokes wanted to say hello.

27 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

I've just got back from a beer festival in Cosby & Nigel Spink was there.  I hate Villa, but that team from the 80's was great.  Made his his debut for Villa in the European cup final against Bayern Munich & played an absolute blinder.  

It's always a bit awkward approaching anyone remotely well known, but he was perfectly nice. His family seemed quite chuffed that two random & extremely pissed blokes wanted to say hello.

I love the fact you have resurrected this thread for Nigel Spink ? How was the festival? List of beers looked very decent.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

I love the fact you have resurrected this thread for Nigel Spink ? How was the festival? List of beers looked very decent.

The beers were variations on dishwater. 

Usual beer festival fayre - much like drinking a mate's home brew.

It was the Victory Show last weekend & its basically the same marquee but with beer. I actually enjoyed it a lot.  I would definitely recommend......plus it all goes to charity (prostate).

I'm steaming drunk & only spent £20 - winner

2 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

The beers were variations on dishwater. 

Usual beer festival fayre - much like drinking a mate's home brew.

It was the Victory Show last weekend & its basically the same marquee but with beer. I actually enjoyed it a lot.  I would definitely recommend......plus it all goes to charity (prostate).

I'm steaming drunk & only spent £20 - winner

Haha yeah I know it’s at the same spot, remember gate crashing do’s there when I was a teenager lol. Nice one.

I’ve met Harvey Barnes recently. 

Walked past Alan Smith a few months ago. 

Have also met Vardy, Cambiasso, Drinkwater. Vardy and Drinkwater before they got big. 

Also met Nugent. 

Met Kasper too when he was at county 

also saw Graham Swann in a restaurant

Edited by Matt_Lcfc

5 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

I’ve met Harvey Barnes recently. 

Walked past Alan Smith a few months ago. 

Have also met Vardy, Cambiasso, Drinkwater. Vardy and Drinkwater before they got big. 

Also met Nugent. 

Met Kasper too when he was at county 

also saw Graham Swann in a restaurant

Not sure those two count mate to be honest :D

• Haha 1

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Haha yeah I know it’s at the same spot, remember gate crashing do’s there when I was a teenager lol. Nice one.

Nigel Spink was a bit of a bonus

Got to say that I was somewhat alarmed by the fact the majority of our party didn't know who the fvck he was lol

Jill Dando 

Mike Reid

Colin Mcrae

Spotting a pattern yet? 

Mancini walking round Manchester before our FA Cup game 6 years ago 

Shsred a lift with Was in the hotel lift in Sevilla the morning after the game- he absolutely reeked of ale ?

Then bumped into Ranieri the same morning in the hotel foyer (the day he got sacked- see profile pic) ?

Met a few people that I didn’t have a clue who they were. I quite like that as you have no thoughts on them.

Had dinner with an Eastenders actor who I didn’t know who he was and also played a round of golf with a cricketer that I didn’t know.

The cricket guy was alright until I said I personally thought cricket was really dull and I asked him what it was like standing in the field most of the day with hardly anything happening. He wasn’t too pleased with that to be honest.

The Eastenders actor was a nice chap, had a really nice wife and we all got on great. They wanted us to meet up again. He was fine when I said I never watch the programme, he was just normal and decent.

His missus was a model who used to be in the milk advertisements on TV in the 70’s. She was a really nice person too. Nice couple. 

I shook hands with Liam Gallagher in a pub once. Used to see many famous people where I used to live in London - Clive Owen, Peter Capaldi, that bloke who does the choir shows on bbc, the guy from the show ‘Miranda’, numerous EastEnders actors... that comedian bloke with the bushy hair from The Last Leg. I also sat next to Simon Callow on a train at Newark.

Re football, I managed to get autographs of most of the M’ON era. I remember slagging off Peter Taylor to Matt Heath and Matty Jones in different clubs in Leicester (one of them was prob The Basement). Jones was a nice lad, but Heath seemed a bit uncomfortable about it all!