Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Famous people you have met. What were they like? Did any of them play for City? Famous people your mates have met.

Know Josh Low, good guy.

Bamba, ignored me even when said his name.

Steve Howard, fking legend.

Beckford, felt abit uncomfortable around him.

Chris Powell, what a nice lovely bloke.

Sven, nice bloke.

Missed the same train from Swansea back to Bristol as Milan and the Thai boys just before they were about to take over, they were all very very friendly, especially Milan

After a gig in 2002, I chatted with Jon Lord, the great Hammond organist from Deep Purple, for about half an hour without interruption. He could not have been a kinder, more generous man, and Leicester born and bred too - his old house now has a blue plaque. 

In case a number of you haven't a scooby who Deep Purple are, if you know Smoke on the Water, then you have heard Deep Purple.

Just after the FA cup semi against Spurs at Villa Park back in the day, my mates and I were in the Swinging Sporran in Oadby and in walked Ian Wison, Larry May, and a few others. Ian Wilson walks into the toilet and my "mate" decides to shout into the toilet "great goal Ian, I was there Villa Park". As we all know it was an own goal and Mr Wilson was not best pleased. In fact on his return from said toilet asked us all to join him and his mates in the car park for a brawl, needless to say we declined.

wow I really made it.

shame that this is a lie cos would have been a right tale.

where's my name check pal?

Met Una away at Spurs,wasn't too sure if it was him at first as he had a Burberry cap on and Stone Island pullover.He is much smaller in real life I would say about 5"2.Had a good chat with him ,very approachable and not full of himself like some are who have made it,he was telling us that he nearly didn't make the game as the night before he had a Korma and because of the heat it had upset his tummy and he had soiled himself in WH Smiths ,Kings Cross trying to get change for the toilet

Edited by cambridgefox

Went to watch something being filmed at the BBC, we went into the studio late and we're taken through a private entrance. Bumped into Sheridan Smith and she definitely gave me the look.

On the way out, Dale Wintons Bentley was parked outside. I was pretty drunk so I got my dick out and wiped it on the door handle. Technically, Dale Winton has touched my dick. No homo.

Others include Emily Heskey, Neil Lennon, Jack Straw, Greg Rutherford, Gazza, Kasabian, Martin Freeman and Clive Tyldesley. None of these have touched my penis.

Edited by tom27111

Guest bss9401

In the mid 80's I met, or rather imposed myself upon my all time hero, Gary Lineker at Willie Thorne's snooker club. He was practicing alone and I was on the next table and cheekily asked him if I could play one shot on his table. He allowed me to and looked puzzled even after I explained that I was a big fan and that I wanted to tell my mates that I played snooker with him!

So many happy memories of this kind.

Played squash for Northants against Jonah Barrington (6 times British Open champion), against 1975 British Open champion Qamar Zaman (I was also his UK ghost writer) and also against entertainer Tommy Steele.

Shared a buffet lunch at Eston Newton, Towcester with James Hunt (Formula One World Champion), his girlfriend Hottie Birbeck and mentor/team boss Lord Hesketh at the launch of the Hesketh Superbike.

Had tea with legendary boxing referee Harry Gibbs at his home in Essex, visited the home of motor cycling world champion Barry Sheene in Whaplode Drove near Peterborough, was driven around Brands Hatch by F1 driver Gunnar Nilsson in a Lotus Eclat, worked and enjoyed a party at the home of celebrated journalist Barbara Jones, who wrote a book on Sonia Sutcliffe, wife of the Yorkshire Ripper, played in the same football team as household media personality Tony Francis and worked with famous columnist Richard Littlejohn at the Peterborough Evening Telegraph.

Trained with Peter Shilton at Leicester under George Dewis, met and visited the home of British, European. Commonwealth and Oceania champion boxer Joe Bugner.

Played in a cricket team captained by Sir Geoffrey Vos who went on to be Chairman of the Bar, was a close friend of the best-selling author Frederick Covins (whose book inspired the BBC film Battle For Badgers Wood) and played squash for a season in the Oxfordshire-based guest team of Tony Henman, father of British tennis no 1 Tim Henman.

Interviewed many sporting personalities including Bill Shankly, Sir Bobby Robson and golfer Mark James while playing football in the same team as Bill Garner (Chelsea striker in the Peter Osgood era) while at Loughborough United and ex-Manchester United and Forest forward Ian Storey-Moore (when we were managed by Noel Cantwell at Stamford). Also played against Wolves and England winger Peter Broadbent while a young winger at Hinckley Athletic.

Haha - even Bill Maynard dropped round for an afternoon's relaxation once....we share a common interest in antiques. There's lots more I could mention but yes, it's been a fun life! lol                          

Ain't never met no one famous, not even a Leicester player. Seen plenty about of course but I'm not about introducing myself to people because I've seen them on the telly. That's proper rapey, and anyway, if they want to get to know me they can make the first move. We're all equal in this world. RIP Keith Chegwin

• Haha 1

Met Tom Cruise in Rome when he was filming a speedboat scene on the river for one of the "Mission Impossible" movies. He chatted with us, posed for photo's and signed autographs and asked where I came from. When I replied "Leicester" he commented "that's a beautiful place ain't it"

I always wondered if he had got it mixed up with somewhere else lol.

Russian President Mikhail Gorbachev and US President Ronnie Reagan at a remote airstrip near Santa Barbara California and.....

....David Gower in the same queue at Shopper's World Leicester (late 70s).

Also John Densmore drummer of The Doors (Jim Morrison's band "Light My Fire", " Rider's on the Storm" etc).

Tom Cruise - premier of Film "Far and Away" Santa Barbara also Jeremy Irons WH Smith HQ Swindon.

Edited by theadmans

Met Rab Douglas in a record shop in Loughborough while playing for us, nice bloke but looked like he'd been on the pies.

Stefan Oakes was always an arrogant bellend, by all accounts not just mine. Found his level in the end.

Always used to bump into Neil Lennon, friendly guy with time for everyone.

Away from City whilst in New York I managed to wander through Donald Trump's bodyguards (who were forming like a guard of honour outside Trump Tower) and almost knocked the guy flying! He met it with a smile and we got a quick hello before he rushed off to his limo, surreal stuff.

Saw Stefan Oakes a couple of summers ago at David Lloyd in Narborough; all by himself just walking around all day looking absolutely desperate for someone to recognise him. Quite sad really.

Saw Stefan Oakes a couple of summers ago at David Lloyd in Narborough; all by himself just walking around all day looking absolutely desperate for someone to recognise him. Quite sad really.

I met Muzzy Izzet in... Fatty Arbuckles!

'Twas my 7/8th birthday and I was in my brand new full Leicester kit.  :wub:

Now I'm awful with names and faces I can't tell the difference between a Lopez and a Mendez all day long......

Sat in a pub in London called the Nel Guinn on a Friday afternoon some years ago watching Liverpool in the Champions League (Playing Chelsea? I think Liverpool lost) Bloke asks if he can sit down at my table. He's a Liverpool fan and we get talking as I'm waiting for my mate to arrive. The fella is fairly funny but there was something about him which I couldn't quite put my finger on. When he smiled or laughed it was infectious and I couldn't help but laugh myself - almost like I was pre-programed to do so. I noticed that when I went to the bar people were shaking his hand and stuff, so I'm racking my brains wondering who this fella is.

Second half starts and my mate walks in and says, "Alright mate, sorry I'm late but what the f**k are you doing sat having a drink with Russ Abbot?"

Norman Wisdom - my girlfriend was hugging him on the steps to his coach so he said "she's coming with me to Scarborough" (next show). I grabbed her arm, "No Norman, she's staying with me". Several minutes later we were still going with this tug of war both crying with laughter, mid way through I thought "**** I'm in a Norman Wisdom routine and I'm making HIM laugh". Lovely sweet man, same offstage as onstage.

Lineker was my guest for Christmas dinner at Hazel Street School. Ian Wilson & Bobby Smith presented me with a medal for a 3 legged football tournament.

Worked with the coaches and squad at the end of the Pleat era.

Spent a night in Branigans with Philpott who was a friend of a friend but didn't twig it was him until the next day.

On another occasion, Heskey, by then a Liverpool player, was outside Branigans and witnessed me getting a punch in the ribs from a passing random drunkard. He took time to come over and say "Are you alright mate" as I picked myself up. When I gave a police statement they asked if there was a witness. I said "no" because one call to the Sun and it would be "England star in nightclub brawl" !

Graham "Crossy" Cross was in my Dads Cricket team and I met him several times.

Knocked Garth Crooks over outside Filbert Street whilst he was being filmed (I was walking not driving!)

Flirted with Kim Wilde at Ainleys Record shop, made her laugh, then expanded the story a little bit to mates...

Toured with All About Eve and The Church meeting various 80's / 90's indie characters along the way. Including David Gedge of The Wedding Present.

Also met Adam Ant (very short), Marillion and a disappointing encounter at an after gig signing (a formal queue up one) with Kevin Rowland of Dexys,"What do you want?", "Er..I really enjoyed the show, it's been a great night, could you sign this please", "Haven't I signed it before?", I look at unsigned item, "maybe someone else had the same.....", he begrudgingly signed whilst chatting to someone next to him. The girl in front of me had put him in that state, she asked why he hadn't sung "Too Rye Aye"(she meant "Jackie Wilson Said") but he misunderstood and went into a state of paranoia, "She said I forgot the words...did I forget the words...hey Mick (Talbot - Keyboard player) did I forget the words, did I sing it wrong...." When you've waited 25 years to meet someone the reality can be disappointing. I still blame the girl though, it was well known he was in a post heroin addiction stage and not particularly stable.

At another signing Darth Vader crushed my hand in the basement of Dominoes Toy shop after I suggested he tried a pack of Tunes to help with his breathing.

• Like 1