Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

I LOVE CLAUDIO.

It wasn't "the media" who turned against him - it was some media outlets, a particular bunch to be precise.

I can only imagine it being a tough ask to remain impartial whilst trying to remaining true to yourself at the same time.

Ranieri has been in the game for so long, he knows how to respond to delicate questions in a neutral or diplomatic way. Not being a native English speaker helps, because his accent and responses alone manage to raise smiles, which in turn diverts from a lot of the issues.

Plus, he shakes hand with EVERYONE before a press conference - that's genius since it sends out a very smart message: "I'm one of you, I like you".

"slowly, slowly"

Good.

I don't usually get wound up by petty stuff that doesn't affect me but millennial journalism really does take the p!ss with me. These people feed off of other's misfortune in a way that would be considered intrusive, libelous and in some cases downright bullying. You see all the time on the news stories of teenagers ending their lives because of videos sent around of them whilst they were drunk or drugged up and the fingers are immediately pointed at those who spread it, yet pick up The Sun or The Daily Mail and a likely headline is "X'S SEX TAPE LEAKED!11!!1!! MORE DETAILS INSIDE". And this is the same in football, did anyone have to know about the Thailand Scandal other than the club to deal with it? Not saying they weren't bellends to do it in the first place but it still applies. more recently you saw the papers coax Dele Alli's mum into releasing a seriously private story about his upbringing. Does anyone need to know? Of course not, but as long as these parasites make money it doesn't matter what affect it has on the individual, simply because he's a talented youngster in a line of work that by no way his fault is seriously overpayed. 

The way Pearson stuck it to them felt just to me, my favourite having shouted down two already, Pat Murphy, obviously desperate to get a reaction and a story, shouting at him in very much a hypocritical way about how Pearson had treated them, just looked at him and pretty much said "So what? What do I owe you?", which is exactly the point: despite them thinking they're above morality, no manager or player owes them fvck all.

I also like the way Ranieri handles it, treating them so they think they're mates then giving them bob owt in terms of actual information, but I'm also glad Pearson stuck it to them, seeing most, minus John Percy, Henry Winters and a select few others, make a career out of derailing other's.

Spot on

Good.

I don't usually get wound up by petty stuff that doesn't affect me but millennial journalism really does take the p!ss with me. These people feed off of other's misfortune in a way that would be considered intrusive, libelous and in some cases downright bullying. You see all the time on the news stories of teenagers ending their lives because of videos sent around of them whilst they were drunk or drugged up and the fingers are immediately pointed at those who spread it, yet pick up The Sun or The Daily Mail and a likely headline is "X'S SEX TAPE LEAKED!11!!1!! MORE DETAILS INSIDE". And this is the same in football, did anyone have to know about the Thailand Scandal other than the club to deal with it? Not saying they weren't bellends to do it in the first place but it still applies. more recently you saw the papers coax Dele Alli's mum into releasing a seriously private story about his upbringing. Does anyone need to know? Of course not, but as long as these parasites make money it doesn't matter what affect it has on the individual, simply because he's a talented youngster in a line of work that by no way his fault is seriously overpayed.

The way Pearson stuck it to them felt just to me, my favourite having shouted down two already, Pat Murphy, obviously desperate to get a reaction and a story, shouting at him in very much a hypocritical way about how Pearson had treated them, just looked at him and pretty much said "So what? What do I owe you?", which is exactly the point: despite them thinking they're above morality, no manager or player owes them fvck all.

I also like the way Ranieri handles it, treating them so they think they're mates then giving them bob owt in terms of actual information, but I'm also glad Pearson stuck it to them, seeing most, minus John Percy, Henry Winters and a select few others, make a career out of derailing other's.

But he didn't stick it to them, if he had stuck it to them when asked about the press criticism by that journalist he would have reeled off examples of it and not just called him an ostrich. He would have put Pat Murphy in his place and not sat there like a sulky teenager. Instead he used his main outlet to communicate with the fans to fight personal battles with journalists he had contempt for.

I know it's all down to the players who cross the white line, but let's just reflect a minute on what an outstanding job CR is doing for us. After all the talk of us leaking goals, we've now got one of the strongest defences in the league. The blokes a fvckin legend and we're so lucky to have him as our Manager. What an inspired choice he's turning out to be. I love him and everything he stands for. Never thought I'd see another Manager in my lifetime to equal MON but if he carries on like this, I might have to change my mind. He's so calm and measured and I'm sure the players feed off this. Keep it going Don Claudio, I think I love you.

I know it's all down to the players who cross the white line, but let's just reflect a minute on what an outstanding job CR is doing for us. After all the talk of us leaking goals, we've now got one of the strongest defences in the league. The blokes a fvckin legend and we're so lucky to have him as our Manager. What an inspired choice he's turning out to be. I love him and everything he stands for. Never thought I'd see another Manager in my lifetime to equal MON but if he carries on like this, I might have to change my mind. He's so calm and measured and I'm sure the players feed off this. Keep it going Don Claudio, I think I love you.

Hic!!

I agree he didn't really "stick it to them" at all, just made himself look a bit childish by calling someone an ostrich for no good reason and muttering insults under his breath.

Like VanGahl who called someone a "fat man" yesterday. Apparently the press think that's totally hilarious and really entertaining.

I asked Pat Murphy if he'll be going up there to call him a bully... He said it's not up to him. Media only turned on Pearson as it is just little leicester, they wouldn't dare with United or Chelsea etc for fear of getting banned and missing games and stories.

He made sense to me with his maths

Yeah BBC man having a mare there, pretty obvious where the 36 came from if you aren't a clickbait obsessed simpleton.

I was thinking this when I watched the video on facebook. I thought it was quite simple to follow and yet people are laughing. Clearly Leicester fans have superior intellect

Every manager has a battle to get the media onside. If you rise above it, show a bit of respect and exercise some charm you can set your own boundaries and have the media respect them. Pearson didn't know how to do this and just attacked them instead, in doing so making himself into a side show and turning the media against him, making it worse for himself. He didn't have to sell out on his ideals to get on side with the media, just learn how to play their game and use it to his own advantage. I'm sure, on reflection, Nigel will feel he made some errors in that aspect of his management.

I think NP made it personal, instead of talking for the team he took it all on his shoulders and became fair game for the press who pushed his buttons, although he was fairly good at suicidal button pushing. He may have been protecting the team from negativity and heaping it all on himself, very clever if so, and in doing so he created such a close group and we definitely benefited from that throughout 2015, but this season we're more tactically astute with CR, his ability to make changes to affect outcomes has been brilliant. It's just such an amazing time to be a city fan, i'm buzzing. 

Guest CityFan 06

Defensively we look solid and we just look organised as a unit. It probably helps that the players and coaches work on set pieces in training for half an hour or so. Maybe that has had a positive impact, unless we were doing it since the start of the season. Then we have our attacking qualities with Vardy, Kante, Mahrez, Albrighton etc so all in all we are a real quality side. What a job Claudio is doing. Credit to him and all the other coaches too.

Everyone is writing off Leicester City's Premier League title chances - and that suits manager Claudio Ranieri just fine.

City may be second in the table behind Arsenal on goal difference only after Wednesday night's 1-0 win at fourth-placed Tottenham, but Ranieri is not talking up his side's title chances, at the prompting of his wife Rosanna.

However, Ranieri said no-one outside the club believes they are genuine title contenders, including the sides around them.

"I get asked all the time can you win the title," he said.

"My wife says 'Claudio, slow down. The journalists want to push you, slow down'

"It's easy to say 'yes, Leicester can fight for the title' but of course I think they don't believe.

"At the moment, no. Everybody says 'sooner or later they will slow down'.

"That is normal. If little Leicester slow down that's normal but it's not normal what Leicester are doing. It's unbelievable.

"Maybe sooner or later Leicester slow down. Now it's fantastic and now our fans are dreaming.

"They must continue to dream and we must continue to work hard.

"They think this because we didn't spent a lot of money.

"They say Arsenal, Tottenham, United, Manchester City, Chelsea, who are used to fighting for the title, say 'Leicester is there, but can they arrive at the end and fight?'

"Nobody knows and we don't have the pedigree to say 'yes, Leicester is there' so far.

"But we want to have them say 'yes, now, Leicester are fighting for the top four'."

However, Ranieri said he has seen a change in mentality from his squad as they have changed from players just looking to survive to a team disappointed with only a draw against the likes of Manchester United.

Ranieri said the reaction of his players after the 1-1 draw with United at the King Power Stadium in November and the goalless stalemate with Manchester City last month, convinced him they were ready to compete with the best in the division.

"I saw one thing, when we drew against United and City my players weren't happy," he said.

"They were as if we had lost the match. That was fantastic because they wanted to win. That is the right mentality.

"It is difficult to change the mentality from fighting not to being relegated to being at the top.

"If they were happy that they drew that would be OK, but they weren't and that was the first time I understood that now they fight to win and fight for something bigger."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-NEWS-writing-Premier-League-title/story-28530363-detail/story.html#ixzz3xJWYPa00 
Follow us: @@leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Good.

Totally agree with every word. I cannot get my head around how everyone doesn't despise these utter vermin.

Archived