Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

I LOVE CLAUDIO.

But he didn't stick it to them, if he had stuck it to them when asked about the press criticism by that journalist he would have reeled off examples of it and not just called him an ostrich. He would have put Pat Murphy in his place and not sat there like a sulky teenager. Instead he used his main outlet to communicate with the fans to fight personal battles with journalists he had contempt for.

He beat Pat Murphy good and proper. It wasn't even a contest. Murphy's gone with the intention of winding Pearson up and he's come out wound up whilst Pearson sits there perfectly calm.

I know it's all down to the players who cross the white line, but let's just reflect a minute on what an outstanding job CR is doing for us. After all the talk of us leaking goals, we've now got one of the strongest defences in the league. The blokes a fvckin legend and we're so lucky to have him as our Manager. What an inspired choice he's turning out to be. I love him and everything he stands for. Never thought I'd see another Manager in my lifetime to equal MON but if he carries on like this, I might have to change my mind. He's so calm and measured and I'm sure the players feed off this. Keep it going Don Claudio, I think I love you.

I find it impossible to not like him. He's a likeable character with some serious substance behind it. At the minute an absolute shoe in for manager of the season.

He beat Pat Murphy good and proper. It wasn't even a contest. Murphy's gone with the intention of winding Pearson up and he's come out wound up whilst Pearson sits there perfectly calm.

I find it impossible to not like him. He's a likeable character with some serious substance behind it. At the minute an absolute shoe in for manager of the season.

Thanks for the 8/1 paddy power :)

He was over my way on Sunday having Sunday lunch in one of the local pubs one of the waitresses asked if he would mind having a photo with somone or did he not want to be disturbed . He replied no no I love it . Then proceeded to have many photos taken with regulars in the pub and one with him stood behind the bar with the landlord and land lady . Everyone said he was a lovely guy . Top bloke

What he says is the truth. We were disappointed in only drawing against United because we knew we had the momentum to have won that game...and so we went on to lift ourselves still higher with the wins over Swansea, Chelsea and Everton - all of them fabulous results.

So why, from those dizzy heights, did we suddenly turned so bloody negative against the Villa?

He was over my way on Sunday having Sunday lunch in one of the local pubs one of the waitresses asked if he would mind having a photo with somone or did he not want to be disturbed . He replied no no I love it . Then proceeded to have many photos taken with regulars in the pub and one with him stood behind the bar with the landlord and land lady . Everyone said he was a lovely guy . Top bloke

I read this last night thinking I was in the Pearson thread. Did strike me as out of character. lol

You were in the Cherry tree too :ph34r:

This just now from the Irish Independent:

Claudio Ranieri has likened the BPL title chase to the final furlongs of a horse race - and the Leicester boss is readying the whip in preparation for one last push for glory.

The Foxes have been the story of the season so far. This time last year, under NP, they seemed destined for relegation but 12 months on they find themselves level on points with top-of-the-table Arsenal and it would take a catastrophic collapse for the Foxes not to be competing in Europe again - after a 16 yr absence - next season.

In arguably the most unpredictable and open campaign since the inception of the PL in 1992, you could still make a case for any of the top 5 clubs to be lifting the trophy in May - with just 7 points separating them.

Despite being there or thereabouts all season, CR has only recently admitted that his Leicester side are contenders and ahead of the visit of Stoke the affable Italian, in his own inimitable way, said "Every match for us is very important but if we win on Saturday it would be fantastic. Now is the right moment for us. You get the right horses arriving at the finale and now we are at the last turn. In March there is a final straight but now we are at the turn. I will whip them in March. If we are still there in March, I will go! I will call Sir Alex Ferguson because he knows the horses very well and then he can give me some suggestions."

A much-changed Leicester team lost to top four, indeed PL title, rivals, Tottenham in mid week in the FA Cup. It is reasonable to argue that elimination from that competition may benefit Ranieri and his small squad as they look to maintain their surprise pursuit of the title. However, the City boss is not so sure. He said: "I don't know because our football is very energetic. For that reason I changed a lot. We have to play every time 100%. For us it important to have only one competition and work hard during the week."

The importance of a positive result against Stoke at the weekend is not lost on CR. "I would like to win because we have a big three matches. For this reason this match is very important because it would give us the opportunity to have a little rest for two or three days with a smile and say 'Okay, we lost an opportunity to go through in the FA Cup but at the top we are fighting for something special'. I think this would be a good moment for us to maintain and be strong."

Posted by a Valencia fan on Reddit; 

Some weeks ago I mentioned I’ve liked Claudio Ranieri since he visited me in hospital in 1997, and some people asked me to expand. So here’s the story: As a kid, I was diagnosed with a congenital disease that caused my feet and ankles to be ****ed up (though doctors prefer to use some more complicated terminology). I received treatment for years, but eventually I was forced to go through several surgery procedures. Around Christmas time eighteen years ago, I was at the Hospital La Fe in Valencia, recovering from surgery. As it happens, the Valencia CF players and coaching staff pay a visit to the children’s ward of a local hospital during Christmas time every year. They bring the children presents (a T-shirt, a banner, a badge, etc.), take pictures with them, etc.

Unfortunately, I was in the last room on the upper floor, hidden behind a bend in the corridor. By the time the party reached the upper floor, it was late, the press had already taken their pictures and left for lunch, and most players had gone as well (looking at you, Gaizka Mendieta). Only five players remained: Claudio “el piojo” López, local lad centre-half Francisco José Camarasa, goalkeeper Andoni Zubizarreta (Barcelona’s sporting director until last year), full-back Amedeo Carboni and Miguel Ángel Angulo (now manager of the Valencia youngsters). The president, Pedro Cortés (who went on to work for the Spanish FA and got spat on by Gerard Piqué during a trophy parade) and manager Claudio Ranieri, as well as what I presume were their assistants, PR people, etc.

When they reached the end of the corridor, they turned to go home. But my mother wouldn’t have any of it. When she saw they were leaving, she ran around the bend in the corridor and, from my room, I heard her shout, in all her 5’0” plumpiness: “Heeeeeeey! Zubizarretaaaaa! Where do you lot think you’re going?? There’s still two rooms left here round the corner!!”. From what my roommate’s parents told me, Andoni Zubizarreta pretended he couldn’t hear, clearly judging that woman to be obviously deranged and possibly dangerous. But Ranieri realized what was happening, and told everybody to turn around.

Needless to say, 11-year-old me was thrilled to see my heroes in person, to be able to chat with them and to have all those goodies to show for it. I still have that signed ball and treasure it as if it was made of gold, will post a picture later maybe. They were all very nice, but the kindest of them all was Ranieri. I’ll never forget how he pinched my cheek and asked me how I was feeling and whether I was going to go support them at Mestalla soon. I said yes and he said I should put on the signed T-Shirt, to make everyone jealous. He spent all the time in the world talking to us both and our families, instructing the players to sign this, and that, taking pictures with everyone, always smiling and never giving the impression he was doing it because he had to, even though it was late and everybody else was probably finishing their dessert. Perhaps the most telling part is that he really didn’t have to go through such lengths. The press was long gone, no reporters or photographers left.

So there it is. From then on, I’ve always had a soft spot for Claudio Ranieri, and I’m extremely happy to see he’s making some real noise with Leicester. Two years later, him and the boys beat Atletico 3-0 to win the Copa del Rey. It was Valencia’s first title in 19 years, since beating Nottingham Forrest in the 1980 Supercup. I’ll never forget Claudio “el piojo” López falling to his knees, almost teared up, after scoring the 3-0, and Ranieri punching the air with both fists.

He is seriously a world class manager, we are very lucky to have him. His club career is digging teams out of trouble and rebuilding them as a force, every club he left were in a better position. But we won't sack you Claudio for not achieving the impossible, please retire here... we love you

Claudio is a manager that knows what he's doing in the PL.

I think his management style and his whole influence on the team is a perfect match for us.  It's just working for us perfectly.  You could see that today,

I know we have had a 'dip' over past 5 games.  But after seeing what I saw today I believe this was part of his tactics and we looked really refreshed and up for it.  He purposely change the tactics and rested players over the past 5 games. I honestly beleive that,

I also think that MH & Stoke were actually scared of us today and didn't know what to do.  They were ****ing diabolical today and everyone's been w@king over them recently so why the sudden drop in form when they meet us ? Shaqiri (apart from 1 good game) is w@@Ankeylok. Overated midget

Claudio will break the Leicester record for points in the PL... does that make him better than O''Neill that is the question now

Nigel for me is the best manager we have ever had, name any other manager in England that has done what he has. came in scrapped some big names due to attitude and got a team together who play for each other (something we are credited for now)

ONeill after that for obvious reasons.

CR third, doing extremely well and i think it 3-5 seasons he could be the best ever.

Archived