Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cityfanlee23

I LOVE CLAUDIO.

We're so lucky to have him. He could have said at the end of the season, it'll never get better than this, took his £5million bonus, dropped a few hints about the Italian job and the job would have been his for the taking. If we'd lost him as well as our star players I'd have been worried about staying up.

We're so lucky to have him. He could have said at the end of the season, it'll never get better than this, took his £5million bonus, dropped a few hints about the Italian job and the job would have been his for the taking. If we'd lost him as well as our star players I'd have been worried about staying up.

You are so correct! In spades!

hate to break it to you webby but everyone who does survive this summer is here for the champions league and once we are out of that next season we will have to start almost completely from scratch. no manager, no good players, less fans and less money. it'll just be big wes and andy king having a kick about on what used to be filbert street. get prepared. 

Wow, I just signed up to this forum because I thought you lot would want to read what Ranieri said at the Q&A last night, and I see that "Livid" has kindly already put a link here! Thank you for that. I was lucky enough to get one of the free tickets before they were fully booked.

Just to add to what I've said in the blog, I have to say Ranieri was ice cool last night. He didn't look the least bit worried or stressed about the Vardy issue. And, I guess, why should he be? He's the Premier League champion and you're in the Champions League group stage next season! You'll find another gem to replace him, I'm sure. But as a Bournemouth fan, I just hope it isn't Callum Wilson...  :unsure:

Was delighted that I got to personally congratulate Ranieri and shake his hand. You guys have been a massive inspiration to Bournemouth fans this season. You've shown us that nothing is beyond us. 

Enjoy the blog - he said some genuinely brilliant things last night. And the only time he became stern was on the subject of how friends of his used to think he was a loser for "always coming second". Clearly wrankles with him...

Before last night, my gut feeling was that Leicester might finish bottom half next season. After last night, I am convinced that there is absolutely no chance of that. The guy is a winner and he seems in a very good place in his life. 

http://narrow-the-angle.blogspot.co.uk/2016/06/claudio-ranieri-q-at-italian-cultural.html

I have to admit that I believed Bournemouth would finish bottom last season, but I was delighted that you stayed up, playing some very good football.

Good luck for next season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Claudio on loss of  Kante...

Last year we cried over the loss of Cambiasso, now over Kante,

but dont worry, football in Leicester will keep going, we have a good solid

squad that will bring even more...

Glad to see Ranieri's keeping this ICC business in its proper perspective. 'Our next match is the Man United game' he said. Totally downplaying the importance of the 'tournament'. Then just to make doubly sure, the next day, speaking of the PSG game, he says simply 'It's a friendly'.  Beautifully off-message. Love you all the more, Claudio.

1 hour ago, Goober said:

Anyone see that extended interview on ssn? Brilliant stuff from Ranieri, really reassuring 

Yeah he seems calm, but focused. Liked what he said about Kante - "maybe the squad made him a better player, he has to prove himself again" (paraphrasing) 

also said he doesn't see anymore incoming players (Kaputska aside I suppose)

Archived