Jump to content
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

This should be in here as well.

That is a really shocking statistic . I always thought we were poor in Sunday games and early kick offs but didn’t know it was that bad 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, surrifox said:

That is a really shocking statistic . I always thought we were poor in Sunday games and early kick offs but didn’t know it was that bad 

I mean, being on TV or altering KO times really shouldn't affect performances but when I was thinking about it before today's match it was a shocking stat. And not like a lot of those were against "big" sides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Albrighton made more than twice the amount of crosses than Chilwell tonight and he was a late sub and the latter is a an attacking full back. 

 

Speaks volumes. 

It wasn't crosses that we needed though ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2019 at 22:32, StanSP said:

Most league home games we've lost in a season since we moved to the KP. 

 

 

Premier League games.

 

We lost 9 in 2006/07 and 2007/08 (God, that was grim).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/04/2019 at 22:38, Stuntman_Mike said:

Albrighton made more than twice the amount of crosses than Chilwell tonight and he was a late sub and the latter is a an attacking full back. 

 

Speaks volumes. 

Does it? Why are crosses a good thing? Literally the least efficient method of passing/creating chances. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Does it? Why are crosses a good thing? Literally the least efficient method of passing/creating chances. 

They are for our team with no height up top 

 

Not so much recently but not long ago the amount of pointless balls into the box we did was ridiculous. 

 

With our squad and strikers we should be drilling the ball in low or pulling it back. Not expecting Vardy to beat 6'3 guys in the air

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how much I’d read into that. Vardy is forever cycling through long hot and cold streaks, usually triggered by manager changes and injuries. The main thing that changes being how clinical he is. He was on fire towards the end of last season too and got the record of most games scored in while losing.

 

Edited by brucey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, brucey said:

Not sure how much I’d read into that. Vardy is forever cycling through long hot and cold streaks, usually triggered by manager changes and injuries. The main thing that changes being how clinical he is. He was on fire towards the end of last season too and got the record of most games scored in while losing.

 

We are making way more chances under Rodgers than Puel. Both of our goals today were high quality and we made lots of other nice moves with good passages of play despite no one player having a blinder. I do think we are more open than under Puel but Rodgers has done a much better job trying to use Vardy’s abilities IMO.

 

If he stays clear of injuries I think Vardy will reach 20 goals minimum next season under Rodgers and genuinely think he’s capable of 30! The man can finish as well as if not better than anyone else in the league. If it wasn’t for his late starting age he’d have played for one of the very biggest clubs for sure. 

 

 

 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We are making way more chances under Rodgers than Puel. Both of our goals today were high quality and we made lots of other nice moves with good passages of play despite no one player having a blinder. I do think we are more open than under Puel but Rodgers has done a much better job trying to use Vardy’s abilities IMO.

 

If he stays clear of injuries I think Vardy will reach 20 goals minimum next season under Rodgers and genuinely think he’s capable of 30! The man can finish as well as if not better than anyone else in the league. If it wasn’t for his late starting age he’d have played for one of the very biggest clubs for sure. 

I’ve not checked the stats, but I’m sure Puel’s teams at Southampton and Leicester were described as creating tons of chances but not finishing them?

 

Definitely think Rodgers is better at using Vardy, but Vardy did score about as much as he is now under Puel last season, despite Puel. 

 

Proof in the pudding for me, now that the bounce effect is over, will be our final three games against the big boys. This was where Puel did best. Will our team still be able to sit and counter effectively as we have done without being carved apart?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now, there are no less 9 out the 20 Premiership clubs with their goals scored total equal to, or within one of, their points total. City are one of them, with 48 goals scored and 48 points accrued. The others are Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Watford, Everton, West Ham, Palace, and Cardiff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, brucey said:

I’ve not checked the stats, but I’m sure Puel’s teams at Southampton and Leicester were described as creating tons of chances but not finishing them?

 

Definitely think Rodgers is better at using Vardy, but Vardy did score about as much as he is now under Puel last season, despite Puel. 

 

Proof in the pudding for me, now that the bounce effect is over, will be our final three games against the big boys. This was where Puel did best. Will our team still be able to sit and counter effectively as we have done without being carved apart?

Not the Leicester under Puel I remember to be honest. It depends what you class as a chance. If we count blocked efforts from 25 yards as chances then yeah we created loads.

 

Clear cut? Not enough unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

"2nd half table (AWAY) Champions of England, you'll never sing that!"

“You can’t sing that to us, we won the 2nd half away league in 1890, football wasn’t invented in 1992 you know”

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...