Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom's Pasta

Fragrances

I've recently got into collecting different fragrances, just wondering what people wear and what people are in to, and also the reactions they get from people.

At the moment I tend to wear Bleu de Chanel and then Dior homme intense for a more formal event scent. Bleu de Chanel has gone down well, one girl pretty much followed me around work cos she thought it smelled so good, Dior homme intense ive found to be a more powdery scent but is good for dinner dates etc.

So what are other people wearing?

• Like 1

Whatever I get for Christmas.

Or whatever anyone buys lol. That said my work is "fragrance free" so the bottle i do have never gets used unless i'm going out to a party etc.

Theres way too many to chose from these days. I dont like overly strong potent crap. Just something thats subtle.

I usually just stuff my pockets with unwrapped werther's originals.

Better than moth balls

I would never condone buying lynx/axe body spray, but I came a cross a chocolate scented one a few years back that was the exception to the rule. I assumed it was a pathetic gimmick playing on the idea that women love chocolate so much they would then find you irresistible. I sprayed it in the air to see how horrendous it was, and within five seconds a lady coming down the aisle stops and goes " oh my god! is that you?!"

I apologised, thinking it must be completely nauseating. But she goes "no, i love that! that smells amazing!" and then another woman walks by and starts asking about it too.  I figured that was a good enough recommendation to try it, took it through the check out and the girl there said the same thing. I wore it for few months and it was pretty cool how many girls did actually come up to say how much they liked it. 

Stuff I would wear, because I don't really mind:

Old Spice

Brut 33

Cheap stuff my mother in law gets me. I have one called "Pride of Rome" which actually makes your eyes water. The sort of gear "Sex Panther" was based on.

Stuff my missus will tolerate me wearing:

Tom Ford Noir

Hugo Boss original

I mostly plump for the Tom Ford Noir.

My missus works for Lancome at Boots on Fosse park, so I get (she gets) a decent discount & does a 'deal' with the girls on other counters.  I'm guaranteed to get some smellies every birthday/christmas. I must have about 20 bottles of various stuff.

Dior Savage was for Christmas which is decent 

Chanel Bleu for my last birthday.

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino. Probably my favourite

Always got a bottle of L'eau D'issey on the go

Thierry Mugler pure malt and pure havane are absolutely amazing, they are what I wear atm.

I have creed aventus but use that for special occasions as I am running low, and no longer have a cheaper source for it.

Gucci pour homme ii is amazing and great for office/day to day.

I also got dior homme intense last month which I love, but it is only really appropriate for evenings. 

Dior sauvage is definitely my next buy, it is probably the best new fragrance released for a few years.

Edited by Unabomber

Thierry Mugler pure malt and pure havane are absolutely amazing, they are what I wear atm.

I have creed aventus but use that for special occasions as I am running low, and no longer have a cheaper source for it.

Gucci pour homme ii is amazing and great for office/day to day.

I also got dior homme intense last month which I love, but it is only really appropriate for evenings. 

Dior sauvage is definitely my next buy, it is probably the best new fragrance released for a few years.

Great frags there, I also own the Thierry Muglers and Gucci pour homme for everyday use, then at the moment I'm going between Dior homme intense and La nuit de l'homme (YSL) for evening/ special occasions. I don't tend to do much clubbing nowadays but if I do then Versace Eros goes straight on for me, and occasionally 1 million but too many guys are wearing that out there.

• Like 1