Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom's Pasta

Fragrances

Great frags there, I also own the Thierry Muglers and Gucci pour homme for everyday use, then at the moment I'm going between Dior homme intense and La nuit de l'homme (YSL) for evening/ special occasions. I don't tend to do much clubbing nowadays but if I do then Versace Eros goes straight on for me, and occasionally 1 million but too many guys are wearing that out there.

Yeah I also have la nuit, man we have well similar tastes.

You should check out l'occtaine eau de baux I think you'll like it. 

1 million can get in the bin though. 

Thierry Mugler pure malt and pure havane are absolutely amazing, they are what I wear atm.

I have creed aventus but use that for special occasions as I am running low, and no longer have a cheaper source for it.

Gucci pour homme ii is amazing and great for office/day to day.

I also got dior homme intense last month which I love, but it is only really appropriate for evenings.

Dior sauvage is definitely my next buy, it is probably the best new fragrance released for a few years.

Dior Homme has been my go to fragrance for a while now. Consistently great smelling.

What do you call men's perfume nowadays?

Cologne? After shave? eau de toilette? Perfume? Fragrance? Scent?

what's the "manly" word for it?

Honest question.

Yeah I also have la nuit, man we have well similar tastes.

You should check out l'occtaine eau de baux I think you'll like it. 1 million can get in the bin though.

I've tried to mix it up with different scents but yeah sounds like we have similar go to frags. Only really got 1 million cos my then girlfriend loved it but it's a bit too bubblegum like for my nose.

My next will probably be 24 gold by scent story, major Amber note in that one and massive longevity

What do you call men's perfume nowadays?

Cologne? After shave? eau de toilette? Perfume? Fragrance? Scent?

what's the "manly" word for it?

Honest question.

I generally call it fragrance. Cologne and aftershave just make me think of the 70s, bad hair and second hand smoke.

I thought everyone called it aftershave...

I tend to have stuff that's been bought for me. Using a 4 pack of Ralph Lauren stuff mostly at the moment. My favourite has to be channel sport though. Really good stuff.

I've mentioned this on here before but if you're wanting some great stuff on a budget, some of the aftershave Zara do is great. I've preferred it to many of more expensive aftershaves I've had in the past.

I used to be the same as a lot of posters, used to get the odd fragrance for Christmas and just wear it without too much thought. But now I'm a bit more conscious of occasion and what works on me, and also what women like. Worth trying out a few to compare, can make a big difference if you can pick up one that works for you.

Bit off topic but why is it that blokes who wear Joop smell like they've drenched themselves in half a bottle? There's no exception to the rule, it's either you don't smell at all or you absolutely reek of the stuff. It's rank.

I got a bottle for Christmas, and one woman at work is swooning and I'm a fat hairy middle aged man.

I actually look like your profile pic without the tash. lol

I've tried to mix it up with different scents but yeah sounds like we have similar go to frags. Only really got 1 million cos my then girlfriend loved it but it's a bit too bubblegum like for my nose.

My next will probably be 24 gold by scent story, major Amber note in that one and massive longevity

Never heard of 24 gold will check it out. 

Valentino, Creed Original Vetiver, Acqua Di Parma Colonia intensa and Oud but the last one is an acquired taste.

Strongly recommend Creed Aventus, very expensive and my bottle broke in my wash bag. Literally get moist every time I pick up that bag now lol.

Aventus is definitely the greatest of all time, but damn son that price tag. I have about 1/6 of a bottle left, got to drag that out as long as possible.