Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Real Ales

19 hours ago, bovril said:

On a London theme I found the Bree Louise near Euston couple of weeks ago. About 10 ales on pump and 10 more tapped from the barrel. Under threat from HS2, could possibly close in November. 

I live just around the corner (moving in a couple of weeks:() so it became a bit of a local for me and is indeed top notch. I think it goes on the 19th November to become a car park for vehicles working at Euston which is sad. 

• Sad 1

On 11/09/2017 at 16:39, bovril said:

On a London theme I found the Bree Louise near Euston couple of weeks ago. About 10 ales on pump and 10 more tapped from the barrel. Under threat from HS2, could possibly close in November. 

6 hours ago, KingGTF said:

I live just around the corner (moving in a couple of weeks:() so it became a bit of a local for me and is indeed top notch. I think it goes on the 19th November to become a car park for vehicles working at Euston which is sad. 

In there right now fellas. Very sad what's happening.

• Sad 1

On 12/09/2017 at 10:45, trickytrevbenjamin said:

Agree, for me this was the game I was most looking forward to when the fixtures came out.

Highly recommend The Sportsman (near the station), Ths Grove (its got very weird interior but an amazing selection) and the Magic Rock Tap.  

All have a mixture of quality cask and keg beers.

I went in the Grove and Magic Rock Tap at the weekend. The former had an extraordinary selection. Must have about 10 pumps and 10 taps. Had the new stout at Magic Rock Tap, 10.5% might that first half past fairly quick. 

In Leeds before the game; went North bar and Turks Head. Amazing selection again but far more pricey. After ended up in Friends of Ham, where I felt very under dressed but again super beer. 

On Friday night, I had this 10% Cloudwater/Chobbles colab what the craft beer is raving about. It is very, very good albeit it sent me into a glazed state.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 16:39, bovril said:

On 9/11/2017 at 16:47, Voll Blau said:

Great little gaff. Euston Road area has silly amounts of choice for quality boozers.

It has reopened.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:
On 11/09/2017 at 16:39, bovril said:

On 11/09/2017 at 16:47, Voll Blau said:

Great little gaff. Euston Road area has silly amounts of choice for quality boozers.

It has reopened.

Will check it out, cheers for the update. 

Always good to have somewhere to pop in to before heading home

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Got a 10 mile hike in the Cotswolds Saturday morning then booked into a cosy old CAMRA pub in the middle of nowhere for lunch and a fair few pints of wallop ...  :beer:

Slow walk back to the pub we are staying at ....    :S     

Bob? Is that you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...