Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TeamRocket

finding a job

Christ man, the phrase is "off grid" not off the grid".  What chance have you got if you don't even know what it is called?

How will you know when we win the Champion League?  THINK WHAT YOU ARE SAYING MAN!!!

damn you young people and your new fangled phrasing! When i was a strutting poppenjay we always used the the! :P

of course by "off grid" i mean, sort of self sufficient, solar power, rainwater, etc.... but, i cant figure out how to have my own internet connection, so i will remain "on grid" for that, so i can continue to watch our charge toward world domination via "first row sports"  :thumbup: 

Buy bucket loads of cheap childrens shoes in styles that aren't selling and sell them to the Japanese (who have smaller feet) as high fashion footwear.  Make a fortune.   :ph34r:

Are there many small footed Japanese women in need of high fashion footwear walking about Leicester?

damn you young people and your new fangled phrasing! When i was a strutting poppenjay we always used the the! :P

of course by "off grid" i mean, sort of self sufficient, solar power, rainwater, etc.... but, i cant figure out how to have my own internet connection, so i will remain "on grid" for that, so i can continue to watch our charge toward world domination via "first row sports"  :thumbup: 

You have clearly thought this through. Crapping in the bushes and eating only what you have caught with your bare hands!  Good man.  More fuel for the rest of us to burn.

I've applied for something which is basically the same graphic design job I'm doing now but in Leicester instead of northants and the best part of 7k more a year. Straight off the bat I'll be saving mesen about 3k a year in travel (**** living in that dive of a county) and I'll have a bloody tonne more free time. I've been leaving the house at 6:45 and getting back at 19:30 for the past five months or so.

Certain I'll get an interview, fingers crossed for miquel

Haha yeah well i got my self a better looking cv. Its not the people i hate at work but the company i work for i feel as though i get alot of fake promise and when i do say anything to the managers they just say stuff like "your lucky you have a job ha ha" unless your in the "click" its like here you go your promoted after a year in to the job but when i or if anyone out side group say anything you get a "your lucky you have a job".

I for one ain't gonaa kiss anyone dung hole just to get up the ladder. As i feel my hard work should be getting me up the ladder.

I think also my problem is i wanna do to much but then i feel like i dont want do that cos am scared that i might not be good enough and i cant afford to be out of a job cos really don't enjoy it and it dont pay for my fox player or rent lol

But i think like most of you guys and my wife are saying just run and take that chance i will cos its distorting me every time i think about going in to work.

So will jusr do it and hope for the best

Haha yeah well i got my self a better looking cv. Its not the people i hate at work but the company i work for i feel as though i get alot of fake promise and when i do say anything to the managers they just say stuff like "your lucky you have a job ha ha" unless your in the "click" its like here you go your promoted after a year in to the job but when i or if anyone out side group say anything you get a "your lucky you have a job".

I for one ain't gonaa kiss anyone dung hole just to get up the ladder. As i feel my hard work should be getting me up the ladder.

I think also my problem is i wanna do to much but then i feel like i dont want do that cos am scared that i might not be good enough and i cant afford to be out of a job cos really don't enjoy it and it dont pay for my fox player or rent lol

But i think like most of you guys and my wife are saying just run and take that chance i will cos its distorting me every time i think about going in to work.

So will jusr do it and hope for the best

just a thought, you have mentioned retail.

If you have the inkling why not go alone .Set up a small business.

Think it through on what you would feel you would enjoy doing, maybe even with the wife.

Foodstand at the KP. Or offer something totally new and different with a KP base.

When not there, setting something up starting from home.

Getting into logistics for oil rigs, or just get into logistics.

You dont need a 'Dragons-den' eurika moment, a small-based entrepenuer can also be rewarding.

One can work in other companies slipstream or ex small companies who cant afford big boys prices.

I know a few are just happy taking small pickings, but nobody intervenes or are looking over their shoulder,

they may not take so much more home, but its Theirs.

Or take an idea, take an holiday do a dummy run.

Just trying to give you another angle

Apprenticeships are key now imo.

Would hate to be a graduate looking for work now - with many probably being too in-experienced for higher roles and too over-qualified for Apprenticeships.

The firm I work for have a major contract with transport for London and it's part of the deal that we have to have an apprenticeship scheme.

The firm I work for have a major contract with transport for London and it's part of the deal that we have to have an apprenticeship scheme.

Do you think it's fair for the employer to having to get one trained to learn things from scratch, or just get someone in who's 'been there, done that'?

Do you think it's fair for the employer to having to get one trained to learn things from scratch, or just get someone in who's 'been there, done that'?

If they don't train people up there will be no one left to employ in the future.

If they don't train people up there will be no one left to employ in the future.

I get that, but there's plenty of more experienced people out there looking for work who would probably do the job better and hit the ground head-on.

I get that, but there's plenty of more experienced people out there looking for work who would probably do the job better and hit the ground head-on.

The apprentices I work with aren't doing the job, there learning the ropes, spend 4 out of 5 days at college, they were never hired to do a job currently

just a thought, you have mentioned retail.

If you have the inkling why not go alone .Set up a small business.

Think it through on what you would feel you would enjoy doing, maybe even with the wife.

Foodstand at the KP. Or offer something totally new and different with a KP base.

When not there, setting something up starting from home.

Getting into logistics for oil rigs, or just get into logistics.

You dont need a 'Dragons-den' eurika moment, a small-based entrepenuer can also be rewarding.

One can work in other companies slipstream or ex small companies who cant afford big boys prices.

I know a few are just happy taking small pickings, but nobody intervenes or are looking over their shoulder,

they may not take so much more home, but its Theirs.

Or take an idea, take an holiday do a dummy run.

Just trying to give you another angle

I wouldn't mind opening something myself to honest but i dont live in Leicester at the moment so the kp is out the window lol but i think need to save up abit more just so i can have everything covered to start something up but its definitely something to do

I dont no about anyone else but them self service kiosk or checkouts really annoy me. Its like the other day i went to the bank and waited in the que to see a human got a woman saying if want uses one of them self service banking i said no and then waited happily and when i saw the woman at the window goes to me you can uses the self service. So me being me said nah il rather speak to a human so she was like it would be faster to use the self service so i said well i got all day and then omg the woman was like well maybe other people don't have time i was like well so why is that my problem and I go to humans because these self c@$p are taking your jobs you might as well be at home ahhhhhhh why cant these people see that these self service things are evil

I always wanted to an apprentice but think they limited to 18 to 24 year old :S well that like tvat up north anyways lol

We have a 27 year old apprentice at our place not sure what the rules are tba

Edit : 18-24 is if you want to get funding but you can be any age to do an apprenticeship

Archived