Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TeamRocket

finding a job

• 1 year later...

Righty'o just an little update after us winning the PL and the foxes doing the impossible I did too.

My wife told me look what Leicester did. They went and did it by being #fearless they gone and won the PL so we hugged and kissed and partyed like we won the lottery (she's been telling me about how I can follow my dreams and to do whatever I wanted to do but in honesty she was my biggest  insperetion) So I applied to go uni with poor GCSEs but some NVQs levels thought to my self be #fearless and just do it so I did even though I was shitting myself. Got rejected by 2 pretty quickly  but still had 1 uni and 2 courses left and then I got interview at the uni about 2 month ago or so. I just told them my dream. ( to one day leave a legacy and make an insperetion to inspire someone to do what I did the same way my wife did for me). It went well as they guy I spoken to said I was what  they  are looking for and they can offer me a place etc but had to wait  for official letter/email. That should  take about a week or  so.... 

well i waited and nothing came.. so I contracted them and then I got another rejection from one of the chosen course and well I was disappointed as this was the one he told me I would be good at etc...but had one left so still was happy and had some hope lefy but i waited and waited and then dead line for reply was coming to end so I thought that's it I tried my best but was giving up on my #5000/1 Leicester city did, The dream, the #fearless the feel the fear and do it anyway my wife tells me but most of all the hope, the hope of one day will be around the corner the hope of never giving up on inspiring or being an insperetion...

My wife knew I slowly giving up on the lit candle which was gonna burn out and it was gonna be over but she still had believe (she is was annoyed  it took them long to reply or give a dission) she was keeping up beat about it kept telling me there is still time for it as dead line was extended but I gave up in all honesty

Had a job interview that went really bad and was getting ready for live in a dead end job and maybe it wasn't that bad (it is) so went to work that morning after that horrible phone interview, thinking to myself what the hell is happening why was I so dumb but did my shift and said to myself might aswell get used to life without parole cos that is how it feels but just before getting in to my car I noticed I had an email saying check your UCAS there has been an update (oh how I was hating that thinking could this be the final nail in the coffin) and cos I couldn't take another disappointment I ask my wife to open it. 

When I got home I noticed my wife looked a little sad and that's when I knew the candle was gone slowly the wax had melted away and   the fire wasn't lit anymore (a bit like in beauty and the beast when the last rose petal drops  you know he's was gonna be gone for ever.) So I said go on then just tell me but then she said don't you wanna read it for yourself I said no I'll  rather you just told me (a bit like when I can't watch the games I get her to find out the scores) and then she said you got an unconditional offer and I was like huh?? She said darling it means your  going  to uni. I was like no am not is it real thinking  it can't be true can it so checked my email and but it was I felt like my team lcfc have just lefted the PL throphy again. 

So over 12 years later I am now going to uni I the person who thought was dumb cos of my dyslexia I am going to uni #thejurneyhasbegan #fearless #hope #believe #neverhiveup #dreams #fealthefear #anddoitanyway #universty #hereicome

ps sorry just had share it

2 hours ago, TeamRocket said:

Righty'o just an little update after us winning the PL and the foxes doing the impossible I did too.

My wife told me look what Leicester did. They went and did it by being #fearless they gone and won the PL so we hugged and kissed and partyed like we won the lottery (she's been telling me about how I can follow my dreams and to do whatever I wanted to do but in honesty she was my biggest  insperetion) So I applied to go uni with poor GCSEs but some NVQs levels thought to my self be #fearless and just do it so I did even though I was shitting myself. Got rejected by 2 pretty quickly  but still had 1 uni and 2 courses left and then I got interview at the uni about 2 month ago or so. I just told them my dream. ( to one day leave a legacy and make an insperetion to inspire someone to do what I did the same way my wife did for me). It went well as they guy I spoken to said I was what  they  are looking for and they can offer me a place etc but had to wait  for official letter/email. That should  take about a week or  so.... 

well i waited and nothing came.. so I contracted them and then I got another rejection from one of the chosen course and well I was disappointed as this was the one he told me I would be good at etc...but had one left so still was happy and had some hope lefy but i waited and waited and then dead line for reply was coming to end so I thought that's it I tried my best but was giving up on my #5000/1 Leicester city did, The dream, the #fearless the feel the fear and do it anyway my wife tells me but most of all the hope, the hope of one day will be around the corner the hope of never giving up on inspiring or being an insperetion...

My wife knew I slowly giving up on the lit candle which was gonna burn out and it was gonna be over but she still had believe (she is was annoyed  it took them long to reply or give a dission) she was keeping up beat about it kept telling me there is still time for it as dead line was extended but I gave up in all honesty

Had a job interview that went really bad and was getting ready for live in a dead end job and maybe it wasn't that bad (it is) so went to work that morning after that horrible phone interview, thinking to myself what the hell is happening why was I so dumb but did my shift and said to myself might aswell get used to life without parole cos that is how it feels but just before getting in to my car I noticed I had an email saying check your UCAS there has been an update (oh how I was hating that thinking could this be the final nail in the coffin) and cos I couldn't take another disappointment I ask my wife to open it. 

When I got home I noticed my wife looked a little sad and that's when I knew the candle was gone slowly the wax had melted away and   the fire wasn't lit anymore (a bit like in beauty and the beast when the last rose petal drops  you know he's was gonna be gone for ever.) So I said go on then just tell me but then she said don't you wanna read it for yourself I said no I'll  rather you just told me (a bit like when I can't watch the games I get her to find out the scores) and then she said you got an unconditional offer and I was like huh?? She said darling it means your  going  to uni. I was like no am not is it real thinking  it can't be true can it so checked my email and but it was I felt like my team lcfc have just lefted the PL throphy again. 

So over 12 years later I am now going to uni I the person who thought was dumb cos of my dyslexia I am going to uni #thejurneyhasbegan #fearless #hope #believe #neverhiveup #dreams #fealthefear #anddoitanyway #universty #hereicome

ps sorry just had share it

Much joy for you... CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thanks for sharing, good luck in doing good :)

I started working in a factory at 16, dreadful job.

My path was simple. Learn the job, work hard, don't pull sickies, then when you think it's time to better yourself, you have a good story to tell your employer.

My second job was a better factory job at 17, a sort of trainee position. They gave me this purely because I told them I wanted to progress and I hadn't had any sickies etc in the previous position. 

The third job job was at 18, assistant manager in retail. Again, I had a story to tell. Even though the first two jobs were not great jobs, I was trying to progress, and so I got the third job as they could see a young person wanting to do well, but also doing well for his employers. 

Its key that as soon as it feels you need to progress that you do so at that point. Carrying on doing the same thing and not progressing shows someone who isn't really bothered. If they aren't bothered with themselves, they won't be bothered with work. 

Later on I got jobs that they only wanted graduates for, but my CV stacked up against theirs because I was a trier.

Its very difficult to get good people, they are few and far between, so if you are a trier and seen as someone who wants to do well, companies will grab you. 

For the original poster, I know he is sorted now, but if you were acting supervisor for two years, after only one year of this then go for a job as supervisor elsewhere. It shows you are keen to progress and someone will admire you for wanting to improve. 

30 minutes ago, Rob1742 said:

I started working in a factory at 16, dreadful job.

My path was simple. Learn the job, work hard, don't pull sickies, then when you think it's time to better yourself, you have a good story to tell your employer.

My second job was a better factory job at 17, a sort of trainee position. They gave me this purely because I told them I wanted to progress and I hadn't had any sickies etc in the previous position. 

The third job job was at 18, assistant manager in retail. Again, I had a story to tell. Even though the first two jobs were not great jobs, I was trying to progress, and so I got the third job as they could see a young person wanting to do well, but also doing well for his employers. 

Its key that as soon as it feels you need to progress that you do so at that point. Carrying on doing the same thing and not progressing shows someone who isn't really bothered. If they aren't bothered with themselves, they won't be bothered with work. 

Later on I got jobs that they only wanted graduates for, but my CV stacked up against theirs because I was a trier.

Its very difficult to get good people, they are few and far between, so if you are a trier and seen as someone who wants to do well, companies will grab you. 

For the original poster, I know he is sorted now, but if you were acting supervisor for two years, after only one year of this then go for a job as supervisor elsewhere. It shows you are keen to progress and someone will admire you for wanting to improve. 

Thank you. To be honest  I tried but was sacred cos I felt like having dyslexia ment I wasn't ever get anywhere plus had debts to pay and didn't wanna lose what I had just in case I wasn't good enough.  And to be fair I was in a dark place but I still tired worked hard never been sick even when they try to send me home and last last jobs before that where higher up but always felt like to know the true part  of each job u work from the bottom up so no one can say "he doesn't know what it's like to work at the  bottom" but over all I think  most of all I didn't  wanna be in a dead end job n be in retail anymore :) I haven't given my full story  but really glad I can see some positive signs. I think I will carry on work but do less hours and remind myself that and following  my dream and who know some day I might be running on to the pitch not as a fan but as sports medic :)

Echo the above. I lack in education (Only CSE/I level standard) but worked hard all my life and got a good reputation as a trier. It's not for me high up in life or on a big wage but hopefully I know it will stand me in good stead. I loathe my job I'm in some days and love it some days, overall the hours,the location suitmy lifestyle (Ie time with the kids,no weekends,easy to bike to!/!) Someone on £30k+ will have more cash but if the drive 2 hours a day 9 hour days on call at weekend you can feck that;!!

They say it's better to be in a job than not in one, when looking for a new one.

I went and did ok afterwards, but I feel too much emphasis is on people going to university (either for the socials or to get a degree that ''guarantees'' you a job.

University, given it's a decent one and a useful degree, can only take you so far - 'Real world' experience is key to learn what you want in both work and personal life, and university can only take you so far on this.

If I were am employer, I'd, rather give a job opportunity, with training provided to someone like TeamRocket - who had been working in 'low' jobs and dead-end ones but has got a brain in them, and wants to grow themselves further and are hungry to go in a different area for this to happen - than someone who's been content with their role and are happy with it to the extent that they don't want to move on and try different avenues.

For those looking currently, be cautious on certain recruitment agencies - I've heard from a few that were actively seeking something in the past and were told to register with particular agencies that told them to register and sign many forms at that company/companies with the promise of a job (i.e. ''Many thanks for filling in your registration form etc, we'll get back as soon as possible If any opportunities come up"), but then hear nothing back at all leading to both uncertainty and disappointment in them.

It may sound obvious but there's plenty of reputable websites around like CV Library and Indeed that regularly have 100's of new job opportunities daily, online searching can be as useful, if not more, than visiting certain recruitment people.

My friend has an audio visual company and us looking for weekend workers(Not best for watching football I know!!!) But if anyone is interested and have audio/visual/rigging equipment experience I cn hook you up!

Archived