Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City (A) post Match thread 1 - 3

I have decided to hand over my foxforum talents, to somebody even better.This will be the last time you will hear anything from me.

My replacement has been at ourside for awhile now, hes swore allegance, after having

seen the power of the fox.

Realising this wonderous spirit within our team, meets his own new found belief, that past wrongs will be revenged and put to right.

lads and lasses, my wise, witty and incredible posting, is now in the great and spiritual hands

of the cunning, boar with rose, now entwined with the fox.

Lead the scribes, and show the way good Spirit of ol' King Richard, who charged gallantly

deep into the nomansland of the Lancastrians and ripped the tudors hearts right out of them.

Revenge is yours to enjoy and digest, to taste and prepare for the next forage...

The bluearmy will march foward under your banner until the laurels are firmly

in the grasp of...

.............................KING-POWER.

Never heard anything so soft.

You generally have something decent to say but on this one, you're wrong. Their goal was offside. Is that claufio's fault?

Taking playets off before the end meaning they aren't ar risk of injury for that 10 mins seems sensible to me. The backroom team will know when players are at need of being subbed for their own good.

Why give away anything we don't need to? You might not have a professional attitude but that's what our club aspires to in every way and we simply fell short without reason. Just because you win 3-1 or even 6-0 doesn't mean there aren't things you might do better. We gave them the sniff of a chance for no reason and there'd have been more than me saying so if Aguero had accepted his "gift" of a second goal and then they'd snatched a third in the panic.

Having "a professional attitude" doesn't have to involve running your players into the ground.

Since the Premier League was formed, only once has the league title been decided on goal difference. But having a strong team spirit and players who feel entrusted to one another and are all part of something together is a priceless commodity that we need to continue to nurture.

If that's at the expense of a consolation goal so be it. I think it's worth far more than that over the season (and I say that as an outspoken critic of Dyer and especially Ulloa).

Whatever the opposite of a silver lining is...

Fringe players perhaps not quite going to cut the mustard? Thought the 3 subs looked distinctly poorer than the other XI today. We all know about Ulloa and how he blows hot and cold, and Gray is young and exciting, but Dyer has looked poor last 3 or 4 now and it told even over 10 mins.

On a brighter note - the full backs were perfect and Kante once again proved himself to be the out and out best CM in the league. 

Having "a professional attitude" doesn't have to involve running your players into the ground.

Since the Premier League was formed, only once has the league title been decided on goal difference. But having a strong team spirit and players who feel entrusted to one another and are all part of something together is a priceless commodity that we need to continue to nurture.

If that's at the expense of a consolation goal so be it. I think it's worth far more than that over the season (and I say that as an outspoken critic of Dyer and especially Ulloa).

Don't be silly. Five more minutes wouldn't have made any difference. They'd have been far too high on the adrenalinof their achievement to have done anything but seen it out competently. What earthly purpose would two five minute cameos serve anyone but for wasting time that didn't need wasting for what it cost us in disturbance, or for the indefensible suggestion it was to qualify people for medals.

Don't be silly. Five more minutes wouldn't have made any difference. They'd have been far too high on the adrenalinof their achievement to have done anything but seen it out competently.

"Don't be silly"?

I'm not the one whining about failing to maintain a 3 goal advantage over a team assembled for £250 million who were favourites for the league this morning.

I understand your frustration but at the end of the day 22 of the 23 Premier League seasons to date have been won by a team with more points than their opponents - if Ranieri thinks that the best way of us getting more points than our opponents is to give Ulloa and Dyer 10 minutes then I think he's earned my trust.

Puts some of the overreaction a few weeks back into context now.

Our team are amazing and we've just dicked Man City 3-1 at the Etihad to go 6 points clear at the top!

Believe fvcking believe :)

You basically knew this would happen all along, even told us so,

****ing happy clapper, same old Simms

I said I wanted a win not a draw, backed my belief in the team with Bet365 and came away absolutely delighted with the result but wondering if we actually know how good we are and could be.

And no I'm not completely satisfied. What the hell Ranieri was messing around at in the closing minutes God only knows because his last two substitutions had no purpose whatsoever and the three changes almost at once wrecked the cohesion of the team, cost us a goal, might easily have cost a second and stopped us posting a better goal difference than Manchester City.

Does he not realise that the title could go down to goal difference? What earthly purpose was Dyer going to serve? As a cementing player you might turn to King but never Dyer and the loss or Shinji's harrassing was always going to cost us. Details and concentration! We just let ourselves down for no reason.

Even overall we only played well as a team for two spells - at the beginning of each half.

The rest of the time, apart from the closing minutes, we defended well but passed the ball abyssmally.

How did we see the Manchester players - as so many supermen? They weren't but we gave the ball away so freely at times you'd think they were.

We scored in the third minute with a well thought-out free kick to the near post with Mahrez making it happen and Huth finishing alertly with the help of a deflection.

For the next 10 minutes we pressured their back four and might easily have scored more. Then we started sitting off, stopped pressing the defenders, stopped passing the ball properly and made it hard for ourselves, for all the we defended superbly andwith such sound organisation.

Second half Mahrez scored a brilliant individual goal after sending their defender somewhere into the North Pennines with his shimmy and, again, we threatened to add to that, particularly through Vardy who was brilliant again and might so easily have scored a couple himself and made a couple for the lively if unlucky Shinji.

Then we sat back again, lost our ambition, started passing the ball clumsily or without thinking and somehow gave an already resigned-to--defeat Manchester City the slightest hope of a grandstand finish.

Their goal came from an indifferent clearance and and lost concentration for the cross, while Simpson's thoughtless and unnecessary back pass should have give Aguero his second goal and the slenderest chance of a draw they never deserved.

And it was all down to an unnecessarily disturbed and suddenly unbalanced team and the sort of pasing that wouldn't have been impressive in a playground.

It took the shine off what could have been one of the performances of the season.

Huth earned his man-of-the-match aware because his two goals was just the kind of support we've short of for Vardy and because he also made at least two vital, perhaps goalsaving interceptions. For me that - and the significance of those goals - added up to his first 10 rating of the season.

Mahrez earned a nine for a magnificent goal and assist while Vardy earned an eight for what might have been - and so nearly was, as a result of his breathtaking movement and vision.

Fuchs and Morgan were excellent too, Kante his usual Ariston-and-on self, Drinkwater pretty good and Albrighton as good as I've seen him at times with some deft passes and good choices.

But why risk so much with that nonsense at the end and why not continue pressing defenders that are so clearly unable to cope when siting off invited so much more danger?

Are you serious????

"Don't be silly"?

I'm not the one whining about failing to maintain a 3 goal advantage over a team assembled for £250 million who were favourites for the league this morning.

I understand your frustration but at the end of the day 22 of the 23 Premier League seasons to date have been won by a team with more points than their opponents - if Ranieri thinks that the best way of us getting more points than our opponents is to give Ulloa and Dyer 10 minutes then I think he's earned my trust.

The £250m has nothing to do with anything and you can trust who you like. I think the last two of our three changesaffected the functioning, focus and concentration of our team and could have cost us dearly. Ranieri might think so too when he reviews the situation.

I said I wanted a win not a draw, backed my belief in the team with Bet365 and came away absolutely delighted with the result but wondering if we actually know how good we are and could be.And no I'm not completely satisfied. What the hell Ranieri was messing around at in the closing minutes God only knows because his last two substitutions had no purpose whatsoever and the three changes almost at once wrecked the cohesion of the team, cost us a goal, might easily have cost a second and stopped us posting a better goal difference than Manchester City.Does he not realise that the title could go down to goal difference? What earthly purpose was Dyer going to serve? As a cementing player you might turn to King but never Dyer and the loss or Shinji's harrassing was always going to cost us. Details and concentration! We just let ourselves down for no reason.Even overall we only played well as a team for two spells - at the beginning of each half.The rest of the time, apart from the closing minutes, we defended well but passed the ball abyssmally.How did we see the Manchester players - as so many supermen? They weren't but we gave the ball away so freely at times you'd think they were.We scored in the third minute with a well thought-out free kick to the near post with Mahrez making it happen and Huth finishing alertly with the help of a deflection.For the next 10 minutes we pressured their back four and might easily have scored more. Then we started sitting off, stopped pressing the defenders, stopped passing the ball properly and made it hard for ourselves, for all the we defended superbly andwith such sound organisation.Second half Mahrez scored a brilliant individual goal after sending their defender somewhere into the North Pennines with his shimmy and, again, we threatened to add to that, particularly through Vardy who was brilliant again and might so easily have scored a couple himself and made a couple for the lively if unlucky Shinji.Then we sat back again, lost our ambition, started passing the ball clumsily or without thinking and somehow gave an already resigned-to--defeat Manchester City the slightest hope of a grandstand finish.Their goal came from an indifferent clearance and and lost concentration for the cross, while Simpson's thoughtless and unnecessary back pass should have give Aguero his second goal and the slenderest chance of a draw they never deserved.And it was all down to an unnecessarily disturbed and suddenly unbalanced team and the sort of pasing that wouldn't have been impressive in a playground.It took the shine off what could have been one of the performances of the season.Huth earned his man-of-the-match aware because his two goals was just the kind of support we've short of for Vardy and because he also made at least two vital, perhaps goalsaving interceptions. For me that - and the significance of those goals - added up to his first 10 rating of the season.Mahrez earned a nine for a magnificent goal and assist while Vardy earned an eight for what might have been - and so nearly was, as a result of his breathtaking movement and vision.Fuchs and Morgan were excellent too, Kante his usual Ariston-and-on self, Drinkwater pretty good and Albrighton as good as I've seen him at times with some deft passes and good choices.But why risk so much with that nonsense at the end and why not continue pressing defenders that are so clearly unable to cope when siting off invited so much more danger?

You really do have a problem, you are turning into mind boggling troll.You opinionate over a consulation goal,

forgetting its the 3 points that count, grabbed and earned away from home, from Man.city.

perspective and keeping your expectations to reality ,instead of chasing pettiness

to prove how hard you can be.

Lift your head, dont just look but see what is happening in front of you,

before you puke on your own right self declared righteousness.

Hello there Man City fan here in peace.

Just wanted to say your team was brilliant today absolutley played us off the park, we were lucky it wasn't 6 or 7-1, I like the very few City fans that were still left in the ground at full time clapped your team off you were that good. If I were an Arsenal fan I would be very worried about next week because I can see Leicester turning them over.

If my team doesn't win the league which is looking more likely, I would like you guys to win it. Good luck to you.

Also I thought your fans were top notch today non stop singing.

I said I wanted a win not a draw, backed my belief in the team with Bet365 and came away absolutely delighted with the result but wondering if we actually know how good we are and could be.And no I'm not completely satisfied. What the hell Ranieri was messing around at in the closing minutes God only knows because his last two substitutions had no purpose whatsoever and the three changes almost at once wrecked the cohesion of the team, cost us a goal, might easily have cost a second and stopped us posting a better goal difference than Manchester City.Does he not realise that the title could go down to goal difference? What earthly purpose was Dyer going to serve? As a cementing player you might turn to King but never Dyer and the loss or Shinji's harrassing was always going to cost us. Details and concentration! We just let ourselves down for no reason.Even overall we only played well as a team for two spells - at the beginning of each half.The rest of the time, apart from the closing minutes, we defended well but passed the ball abyssmally.How did we see the Manchester players - as so many supermen? They weren't but we gave the ball away so freely at times you'd think they were.We scored in the third minute with a well thought-out free kick to the near post with Mahrez making it happen and Huth finishing alertly with the help of a deflection.For the next 10 minutes we pressured their back four and might easily have scored more. Then we started sitting off, stopped pressing the defenders, stopped passing the ball properly and made it hard for ourselves, for all the we defended superbly andwith such sound organisation.Second half Mahrez scored a brilliant individual goal after sending their defender somewhere into the North Pennines with his shimmy and, again, we threatened to add to that, particularly through Vardy who was brilliant again and might so easily have scored a couple himself and made a couple for the lively if unlucky Shinji.Then we sat back again, lost our ambition, started passing the ball clumsily or without thinking and somehow gave an already resigned-to--defeat Manchester City the slightest hope of a grandstand finish.Their goal came from an indifferent clearance and and lost concentration for the cross, while Simpson's thoughtless and unnecessary back pass should have give Aguero his second goal and the slenderest chance of a draw they never deserved.And it was all down to an unnecessarily disturbed and suddenly unbalanced team and the sort of pasing that wouldn't have been impressive in a playground.It took the shine off what could have been one of the performances of the season.Huth earned his man-of-the-match aware because his two goals was just the kind of support we've short of for Vardy and because he also made at least two vital, perhaps goalsaving interceptions. For me that - and the significance of those goals - added up to his first 10 rating of the season.Mahrez earned a nine for a magnificent goal and assist while Vardy earned an eight for what might have been - and so nearly was, as a result of his breathtaking movement and vision.Fuchs and Morgan were excellent too, Kante his usual Ariston-and-on self, Drinkwater pretty good and Albrighton as good as I've seen him at times with some deft passes and good choices.But why risk so much with that nonsense at the end and why not continue pressing defenders that are so clearly unable to cope when siting off invited so much more danger?

Jeez you're difficult to please. I've really enjoyed the Forum today but reading parts of this post you'd think we'd lost. If you can't feel delirious and extatic after today's performance, I don't think you ever will. What's the point in picking holes in it? I think you're in the minority if you don't think that was one of the performances of the season.

Fantastic resilient display.

Defence and midfield had to stay alert all game.

Everyone's position when defending was a sight to watch.

As much as Man city's passing around our box they didn't get much of a look in as we gave them no space.

It took them 35 mins to get their first shot on target.

fantastic result and not many teams will score 3 at the Ethiad.

Although I have to agree with Thracian in parts about our passing.

We put ourselves under a lot of unwanted pressure with our decision making, as we couldn't put 5 passes together because we were so deep.

When we needed to keep hold of the ball and stem Man city trying to get into the flow we couldn't.

Only when we were 3-0 up, is when we played the nice passing game we know we can.

I also lost count of the times Schmeichel kicked the ball out of touch giving them possession straight back.

Usually his kicking is threat. Not today.

The subs.

ulloa didn't really hold the ball up top

And dyer came on and gave more fouls away than some players who had been on for 90 mins.

Archived