Sign in to follow this  
Steven

Man City (A) post Match thread 1 - 3

That was spectacular and well worth getting up at 4:45 for

Too bad Spurs won but who cares they're still 5 pets back

• Like 3

Of course I'm serious. Just as I was serious about calling for a win and betting that it would happen. We're actually better than we showed today.

No we are not. That was a pretty complete performance. Expecting perfection for 90 minutes is completely unrealistic.

Amazing result!

I wondered whether an early goal like that would upset the concentration of the CITY!!! but it didn't. What concerned me was the potential of Manchester's passing ability - however as the game went on the same thing was happening - no real inroads into our defence. Apart from Kun Aguero's goal (looked marginally offside) there were only two occasions (on my count) where they had a real opportunity - a ball that went across goal and the reaction save Schmeichel made from close range. Leicester had more real opportunities. Our possession was the lowest percentage I've seen this season as well.

I thought this could happen but I also thought I was being unrealistic. More and more it appears that Tottingham are the main danger (if that's the appropriate word - apparently they missed chance after chance while Watford nearly snatched it at the end). Arsenal and Man City are perhaps the only teams capable of clinically puncturing City's defence. Didn't happen today and I believe it unlikely to happen at the Emirates. Leicester don't appear to get nervous - maybe that's the lesson learned from last season's remarkable come-back from the precipice. They say what doesn't relegate you makes you stronger.

One disappointment was that Gray had the opportunity to try to run at the Manchester defenders - we were well in charge and he could have attempted to dribble - would have been a good time to risk it.

I kept looking at the score on the screen thinking "this is just a fantasy I'm having - can't really be happening".

Probably the best day of my life. The scenes when Mahrez scored, completely unbelievable. Who could have ever imagined this, today and this whole season.

No fear now, we can beat anyone. We have the players and the hunger to outplay everyone in this league. As long as we keep our focus and don't let up, as I'm sure we will do with Ranieri at the helm, the league will be ours. Unbelievable to be able to say that sort of thing, but its true.

Sensational performance. We've gone away to man city and done a professional job on them. Incredible.

Everyone was fantastic, ranieri has done wonders with this defence. First time I've managed to see us live since West Ham and the defensive organisation is incredible.

No fear.

• Like 1

So happy again tonight, watched the game in the pub, 48 years old and I'm in a state of disbelief, we are brilliant, so happy, fantastic performance from all

42 years young and just got home, look like I've been thrown in the river soar, but grinning like a Cheshire Cat, with that Stamford Bridge song going over and over in my head.

Happy days.

Oh talking if songs, the sloop john b with new lyrics, top song as well if it gets going a bit more.

Stamford Bridge are you listening.....keep the trophy a glistening..... Madness

This is picky but a bloke next to me at the pub said that it must drive Fuchs and Drinky mad that Mahrez doesn't track back to put in a shift defending. I watched him leave a Manc player and drift off -  not so far away from the area. I can see he's a shite tackler bu even so. Maybe he's more confident in the defence than I am and maybe every team's allowed to have at least one player who pleases himself. That goal was the mark of a (excuse the phrase) world-class player.

Sorry I know I started me own thread but I've been going home and away since 2002 and I think today was the best game I've ever been too. 

Don't be silly. Five more minutes wouldn't have made any difference. They'd have been far too high on the adrenalinof their achievement to have done anything but seen it out competently. What earthly purpose would two five minute cameos serve anyone but for wasting time that didn't need wasting for what it cost us in disturbance, or for the indefensible suggestion it was to qualify people for medals.

Adrenalin of their achievement - little bit of alliterative use there - very smart! However I think you're getting high on your own verbiage.

Ranieri is being wise by being cautious -  he's trying to balance the physical demands on his players with the necessity of keeping them on-field to achieve a satisfactory result. He's benefiting from having two players who appear inexhaustible but he's right  to sub those who can benefit from even fifteen minutes less play. City play at such an intensity that recovery time is paramount - adrenalin drains the body and leaves one feeling shaky - anyone who's had a panic attack knows that. It's fortuitous that City are only in one competition, else they'd be suffering a lot more injuries.

I seem to recall a type of gladiator designated a 'Thracian'. Is that where you got that from?

Sorry I know I started me own thread but I've been going home and away since 2002 and I think today was the best game I've ever been too. 

Definitely the best performance I've seen in 20 years of watching them, especially when you factor in the occasion and opposition.

Definitely the best performance I've seen in 20 years of watching them, especially when you factor in the occasion and opposition.

I know that's the thing. Unbelievable. 

just another routine win on our rather predictable stroll to the league title

• Like 2

Weird thing was the second half felt like the Newcastle and Swansea away games, which in turn felt a bit like strolling to the Championship title in 2014. We were absolutely dismantling Manchester City on their own patch. Incredible team.

Claudio's beanie was the icing on the cake.

• Like 3

To be fair to Thracian, he is right.

The last 10 minutes should have been closed out a bit better.

Those 10 minutes and subs stopped it being the 'perfect' performance even if Agueros goal wasn't counted.

It was complacency or overconfidence as Ranieri seemed to go for more goals when there was really no need to.

It was a very minor mistake, but a mistake none the less.

I agree, but we won. I'm sure Raneriri has it noted and won't do it again. So let's just enjoy it as fans, and let the boys continue to do the business. Up the Foxes

I agree, but we won. I'm sure Raneriri has it noted and won't do it again. So let's just enjoy it as fans, and let the boys continue to do the business. Up the Foxes

Can't believe we made Man City look ordinary on their own patch. Sensational win. More of the same at Arsenal please. :)