Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City (A) post Match thread 1 - 3

Sterling is a poor mans Shaun wright-Phillips lol

It's hard to imagine anyone paying nearly £50m for Sterling. Okay, he was quite involved but for all his touches he didn't show much imagination in trying to make things happen.

Quite the contrary. He seemed to find our defence so tight and competent he ended up playing the safe and easy ball most of the time and was quite naive in some of the things he did.

Leicester did show a weakness. But for what he's paid as a supposedly brilliant coach, Peregrini didn't show any signs that he'd worked on exploiting it or involved Sterling in doing that.

Indeed, I'm surprised other coaches haven't noticed it. No I'm not going to give details but it's there and Ranieri needs to sort it quickly for all that it will still take work on the training ground and a little precision to score the goals being offered.

I just wanna say that I don't believe in God at all but Kante is making me reconsider that.

I've run out of words to describe how good this guy is.

I just wrote a long post in the Kante thread saying that the time has come to ask if he is the best central midfielder in world football right now.

It sounds bonkers but there's a bit of a void at the moment of top class genuine central midfield players. He's certainly the best I've seen this season, but I'm probably being very little Englander about it.

We were tactically astute and played the game intelligently. Today is up there with the Newcastle and Swansea away games.

We are so well drilled and incredibly efficient.

Kante is God.

Leicester did show a weakness. I'm surprised other coaches haven't noticed it. No I'm not going to give details but it's there and Ranieri needs to sort it quickly for all that it will still take work on the training ground and a little precision to score the goals being offered.

You big tease. Please enlighten us oh wise one...

I just wrote a long post in the Kante thread saying that the time has come to ask if he is the best central midfielder in world football right now.

It sounds bonkers but there's a bit of a void at the moment of top class genuine central midfield players. He's certainly the best I've seen this season, but I'm probably being very little Englander about it.

Hopefully we get into the Champions League and he can show the world what an elite midfielder he is. Unbelievable. We know about his tackling and interceptions but he is also a very intelligent footballer and tactically astute, and reads the game aell.

Unbelievable, I'm truly in awe, but if I may state a constructive post match team comment. In my opinion, I don't rate Dyer and cannot understand how he get's a bench spot in this team.

Tend to agree unfortunately. Hopefully Amartey is the real deal and replaces him.

Can the PFA give the player of the year award to Mahrez, Vardy and Kante as a collective?

Only if Huth, Morgan and Fuchs are also included with them......apparently lol

They don't care about us so what's he so bothered about? lol

I got blocked by a F****t fan earlier on twitter.

He had said that the league was the "poorest in years", although he added "take nothing away from Leicester", which of course was exactly was he was trying to do. 

I pointed out that the so called big clubs have still got the same players as last season, and no one was saying that the league was poor then, and that if you swapped our position in the league with Chelsea at the moment, no one would be saying it was poor this season either, because all the big guns would be up there, and no little old Leicester to upset the cartell.

Anyway in the end, i had to tell him to enjoy the championship, and he blocked me.  :D

Unbelievable, I'm truly in awe, but if I may state a constructive post match team comment. In my opinion, I don't rate Dyer and cannot understand how he get's a bench spot in this team.

You should say things like that, especially on a day when we've won! lol

I got blocked by a F****t fan earlier on twitter.

He had said that the league was the "poorest in year"s, although he added "take nothing away from Leicester", which of course was exactly was he was trying to do. 

I pointed out that the so called big clubs have still got the same players as last season, and no one was saying that the league was poor then, and that if you swapped our position in the league with Chelsea at the moment, no one would be saying it was poor this season either, because all the big guns would be up there, and no little old Leicester to upset the cartell.

Anyway in the end, i had to tell him to enjoy the championship, and he blocked me.  :D

Sounds decisive! Perhaps Forest should sign him as a defender. lol

We are the last line of defence against these high spending "giant" clubs, you can't buy what our team has and we are playing for a whole lot more than just the title. We are playing to lead by example, to show what a true team spirit can achieve as opposed to an unlimited bank account, in short we are an inspiration and a breath of fresh air to a league dominated by money instead of what football should be.

We are the last line of defence against these high spending "giant" clubs, you can't buy what our team has and we are playing for a whole lot more than just the title. We are playing to lead by example, to show what a true team spirit can achieve as opposed to an unlimited bank account, in short we are an inspiration and a breath of fresh air to a league dominated by money instead of what football should be.

Couldn't agree more.

Adrenalin of their achievement - little bit of alliterative use there - very smart! However I think you're getting high on your own verbiage.

Ranieri is being wise by being cautious - he's trying to balance the physical demands on his players with the necessity of keeping them on-field to achieve a satisfactory result. He's benefiting from having two players who appear inexhaustible but he's right to sub those who can benefit from even fifteen minutes less play. City play at such an intensity that recovery time is paramount - adrenalin drains the body and leaves one feeling shaky - anyone who's had a panic attack knows that. It's fortuitous that City are only in one competition, else they'd be suffering a lot more injuries.

I seem to recall a type of gladiator designated a 'Thracian'. Is that where you got that from?

Derailing the thread slightly but as nothing else really needs to be said about the performance and result, I'll just say that Thracians weren't a type of gladiator, they were from Thrace, some of them just happened to be gladiators.

Can the PFA give the player of the year award to Mahrez, Vardy and Kante as a collective?

yeah theres a thing called the league title that is kinda like the player of the year award except for the whole team 

where is dis post

Archived