Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City (A) post Match thread 1 - 3

Haha, no way! Besides, it's not so much the weakness itself as how to take advantage that's key. Theoretically it'd be quite easy but technically it's a bit more difficult.

Any coach worth their salt should be recognising now that they need to orchestrate balanced attacks against us - i.e. Making sure the numbers in front and behind the ball are along the lines of a 4:6 ratio and that the positions of these players are balanced across the pitch in key areas to prevent a quick break.

Essentially it would take a set of intelligent players and coach to do this, but with the appropriate drilling it would be possible and although you would lose some of the freedom associated with attacking play, what it should result in is consistent pressure which normally leads to mistakes.

One of the areas a lot of teams leave themselves susceptible is with their full back play, as these days both tend to go forward and provide the width, with the attacking wingers these days cutting in.

Against us, I would reverse that, with the fullbacks staying further back and moving towards the middle of the pitch to make a 3 alongside a sitting midfield player and the wingers adopting the wide position that used to be associated with them.

Tend to agree unfortunately. Hopefully Amartey is the real deal and replaces him.

Partially this, but mostly I'd like to see us bring on Wasilewski as the close-out-the-last-5-minutes sub option instead, simply because he needs some extra games to be eligible for a winners medal if this somehow does get pulled off...

Out of interest. If the league finished today as it stands, who do you think would make PL team of the year? I reckon:

Cech

Sagna

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Payet

Kante

Alli

Mahrez

Kane

Vardy

POTY= Mahrez

I reckon:

Schmeical

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Albrighton

Kante

Drinkwater

Mahrez

Okazaki

Vardy

...but I am biased lol

Out of interest. If the league finished today as it stands, who do you think would make PL team of the year? I reckon:

Cech

Sagna

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Payet

Kante

Alli

Mahrez

Kane

Vardy

POTY= Mahrez

I'd put Bellerin in in for Sagna. And Ozil in for Alli I think.

Cech

Sagna

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Payet

Kante

Alli

Mahrez

Kane

Vardy

POTY= Mahrez

prob ozil in for payet. and prob lukaku in for kane. 

pretty tight for a few positions though, lukaku/kane/aguero all having good seasons, alli/barkley both doing very well too. 

blatant ones are genuinely all our players lol. vardy, riyad, kante and morgan. 

Fantastic achievement today giving self confidense a real boost. The goal by Mahrez was simply world class. My only concern is Mahrez or Vardy should get long term injuried. If we can win or at least have a draw in London, then it is realistic to talk about winning the Premier League.

I may have said this before but I've a fair few drinks since but good luck to you guys bets team at the Etihad all season. So fast on the break.

Also wanted to say quickly I go alot away's with City most of those I'm pissed at haha best atmosphere from the home fans at the Kingpower.

Why give away anything we don't need to? You might not have a professional attitude but that's what our club aspires to in every way and we simply fell short without reason. Just because you win 3-1 or even 6-0 doesn't mean there aren't things you might do better. We gave them the sniff of a chance for no reason and there'd have been more than me saying so if Aguero had accepted his "gift" of a second goal and then they'd snatched a third in the panic.

You have a point & it only goes to show that we've still got much to learn in closing out matches if we're to progress to CL Final next year! Without sounding fatitious, I to was disappointed to see Dyer coming on the pitch as he doesn't deserve to wear an LCFC shirt following his performances against Spurs/Bournemouth. In the context of the match, our overall performance today was "amazing" & I thought I was dreaming when we were 3-0 up. The Simpson back pass only served to remind us that we're still Leicester City & not Bayern/Barcelona & we should enjoy the ride whilst it lasts.

Behave yourself Chris, set an example to the young lads.

Hi Steve, just crawling into my pit, been a good day, not sure where your lad is!!

He nearly caught his privates balancing on top of the fence at last nights game, but escaped without injury!!

We now can all sing "we are top of the league" in German. Actually quite catchy, hopefully useful for next season!

I'm a Man City fan pal it's down for now don't know why. It's happened before this

week

Cheers fella, just wanted to have a browse as I was very impressed by your reactions after the match outside.

ETA, can you answer this please, I was told today you have a training pitch under the playing surface that both teams train on beforehand, is this true?

I know you have that huge blue collar site and the team coach goes under the ground but I never knew you had a pitch under the pitch. Amazed if it's true.

Cech

Sagna

Huth

Morgan

Fuchs

Payet

Kante

Alli

Mahrez

Kane

Vardy

POTY= Mahrez

Yup, would agree with that.. would probably replace Sagna but agree with the rest

This is a very personal thing. Ive not posted on here for at least a year. But ive had a very tough 12 months or so for reasons that aren't worth expanding on.

There have been times where ive been completely lost in my own life. Everything has gone down the sh1tter for me. But the boys in blue have switched it on at exactly the right time.

It amazes me how much 11 people that I have never met before can change my entire outlook on life. I mean, im on this forum ever day. Just reading, never posting. But 11 men in this world have kept me going through the darkest of times. That's what's beautiful about what we have achieved.

Don't get me wrong. I was there in Cardiff. I was there in League 1, even. But now my team are tearing the premier league apart, I feel like someone who deserves to carry on fighting in my own personal life. It makes no sense to a non-football person. But somehow a group of people who wouldn't recognise me in the street have kept me pushing through.

Amazing.

This is a very personal thing. Ive not posted on here for at least a year. But ive had a very tough 12 months or so for reasons that aren't worth expanding on.

There have been times where ive been completely lost in my own life. Everything has gone down the sh1tter for me. But the boys in blue have switched it on at exactly the right time.

It amazes me how much 11 people that I have never met before can change my entire outlook on life. I mean, im on this forum ever day. Just reading, never posting. But 11 men in this world have kept me going through the darkest of times. That's what's beautiful about what we have achieved.

Don't get me wrong. I was there in Cardiff. I was there in League 1, even. But now my team are tearing the premier league apart, I feel like someone who deserves to carry on fighting in my own personal life. It makes no sense to a non-football person. But somehow a group of people who wouldn't recognise me in the street have kept me pushing through.

Amazing.

No we are not. That was a pretty complete performance. Expecting perfection for 90 minutes is completely unrealistic.

Amazing result!

If you don't believe we're better than that then you're selling the team short. I'd even say we were better when we beat Spurs away in the League because they asked far more questions of us and we never let our concentration slip at all.

But I still believe there's more to our team than has yet been seen. Talk about "amazing" results when it's we who've topped the league for so many weeks of the season still suggests an inferiority complex among some of our fans.

And yet we really could be even further ahead of the pack. And if we were would we still find it amazing to beat teams that have a considerably worse record?

I really don't think Manchester looked anything special today as a unit and their defence looked decidedly vulnerable. We had a great chance to make if 4-0, had two or three other excellent chances and I really believe we could have had five or six if we'd needed to.

They knew it too. I've rarely seen a top-end Premiership side look so panicky at the back - and so vulnerable.

Spurs were a much better all round unit and seemed to demonstrate it again today from what I saw on Match of the Day. Indeed, if we do win the title I'd say our beating of them was the greater achievement. And the next game will be no less of a challenge in its own way.

Archived