Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City (A) post Match thread 1 - 3

This is a very personal thing. Ive not posted on here for at least a year. But ive had a very tough 12 months or so for reasons that aren't worth expanding on.

There have been times where ive been completely lost in my own life. Everything has gone down the sh1tter for me. But the boys in blue have switched it on at exactly the right time.

It amazes me how much 11 people that I have never met before can change my entire outlook on life. I mean, im on this forum ever day. Just reading, never posting. But 11 men in this world have kept me going through the darkest of times. That's what's beautiful about what we have achieved.

Don't get me wrong. I was there in Cardiff. I was there in League 1, even. But now my team are tearing the premier league apart, I feel like someone who deserves to carry on fighting in my own personal life. It makes no sense to a non-football person. But somehow a group of people who wouldn't recognise me in the street have kept me pushing through.

Amazing.

Glad our boys are helping you through dark times. We really are playing a beautiful game  :thumbup:

This is a very personal thing. Ive not posted on here for at least a year. But ive had a very tough 12 months or so for reasons that aren't worth expanding on.

There have been times where ive been completely lost in my own life. Everything has gone down the sh1tter for me. But the boys in blue have switched it on at exactly the right time.

It amazes me how much 11 people that I have never met before can change my entire outlook on life. I mean, im on this forum ever day. Just reading, never posting. But 11 men in this world have kept me going through the darkest of times. That's what's beautiful about what we have achieved.

Don't get me wrong. I was there in Cardiff. I was there in League 1, even. But now my team are tearing the premier league apart, I feel like someone who deserves to carry on fighting in my own personal life. It makes no sense to a non-football person. But somehow a group of people who wouldn't recognise me in the street have kept me pushing through.

Amazing.

Friend,

My best wishes to you!  I hope you get past your issues, and I wish you the best of luck!

Huth was simply incredible. What i'd really like to see though is Ulloa really tearing up the league. I believe he has the potential to do so, but things just don't seem to be falling in place for him at the moment.

Not sure if troll or just don't watch our games

Incredibly good performance, best result of this amazing season so far! When I've been asked by mates and other football fans weather we can win the tile, I've played it down saying I don't think we will, but top4 definitely. Well I've changed my mind! 5 points clear with 13 to go means we have a very good chance and I can't see us losing more than once again this season.

_88138989_kantevmancity.jpg

"The left-hand graphic shows N'Golo Kante's defensive work - he made more tackles (green triangles), interceptions (blue triangles), clearances (purple), and possession recoveries (yellow) than any other Leicester player. But Kante also got forward too - the right-hand graphic shows how half of his 68 touches were in the Manchester City half, and he was also part of the move that led to Leicester's second goal."

Just shows doesn't it.

However good Mahrez and Vardy have been, it's underpinned by Kante. He's the engine room. One of the best players I've ever seen in a City shirt, at what he does. Which is win the ball and burst forward time and time again.

Hey guys! NYCFC fan in from NYC. (Not a MC fan, an immigrant from back in Europe like a lot of us in the supporter section).

Really great to see MC fans being class acts on here. Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a great win and share a story from a pub out here in Brooklyn — Usually NY Red Bulls fans and us hate each other, but this time we all came together to support the Foxes. As neutral fans it was absolutely impossible to not cheer for you guys, both on NYRB side and the NYCFC side even though we're a MC affiliate. NYC derby is very new but it already got pretty heated (https://         www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dAWJ6Ex_Kw), but last morning we all cheered for you guys. 

So just so you know, every time you score, people on the other side of atlantic, NYRB or NYCFC are loving the passion and the football you guys are playing. Can't wait to see how you do in the champions league next season!

Guest seanfox778

Has anyone noticed how Mahrez has storming games wearing the black kit and Vardy has his best moments in the home kit. It's like they alternate with the kits. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to support this incredible team.

Amazing.

Well, isn't that what football is all about? You have the dark times, and then there's the light. I'm glad the recent results and our rise up the table has brought back happiness to your life. Hope you keep up with posting and continue to enjoy this fairytale of a season with all of us.

Incredibly good performance, best result of this amazing season so far! When I've been asked by mates and other football fans weather we can win the tile, I've played it down saying I don't think we will, but top4 definitely. Well I've changed my mind! 5 points clear with 13 to go means we have a very good chance and I can't see us losing more than once again this season.

We going to play some teams in March and April who will be as desperate as we were last spring. I wouldn't expect us to be unbeaten through that spell. mind you, I didn't expect us to be where we are now!

on yesterday's second half, once citeh went two up top, we were so comfortable 2 v 2 in the middle. Ngolo and DD have managed to play 2 v 3 so often against some of the best out there and come out on top.

I wonder if Claudio is working on plan C and D for the home games against the mid and lower end sides who could come and park the bus like Bournemouth did once down to 10.

Amazing.

Amazing.

Hope your personal life turns round for you my friend.. Been there, done that!!

Great that our fantastic football team can keep our old peckers up in times of personal crisis!..

Wasn't quite that way this time last season mind you!

Really hope things improve for you like they have for LCFC and that this time next year you find yourself in a much better place!

From 1989 until now I've lived through every kind of emotion with this team. Despair, ecstasy, misery & unbridled joy. First experiencing a near relegation followed by Wembley, League Cups, Europe, admininistration, League One & now this, all of it. At the seasons end I'll try to make sense of it but right now I'm lost in an amazing, beautiful dream from which I never wish to wake up.

I'll be at Arsenal unfortunately in the home end. Let's keep this 'impossible' dream going. Most of all let's enjoy every, single second of it.

I've tended to rely on football to remember years of my life.

I recall going to see City at Roker Park and St James Park when I was at Uni.

The Wembley finals I've associated with getting my first good jobs.

And this year could be the year I get wed AND City win the Premiership! We've even made the wedding a Friday so it don't clash with any games!

Best game in the world is footy.

And this year could be the year I get wed AND City win the Premiership! We've even made the wedding a Friday so it don't clash with any games!

Even I can't disagree with you there Colin.

From 1989 until now I've lived through every kind of emotion with this team. Despair, ecstasy, misery & unbridled joy. First experiencing a near relegation followed by Wembley, League Cups, Europe, admininistration, League One & now this, all of it. At the seasons end I'll try to make sense of it but right now I'm lost in an amazing, beautiful dream from which I never wish to wake up.

I'll be at Arsenal unfortunately in the home end. Let's keep this 'impossible' dream going. Most of all let's enjoy every, single second of it.

Lots of us behind enemy lines I think next week. We need a code

What a phenomenal week. I've not smiled so much since I was outside a club when I was 17 and 2 fit ladies had a hand in each of my jeans pockets. Awesome mate. Living the dream.

Loved it at the end yesterday when the players went to the fans and you could see right up to the top of the stand from the pitch on the tele. GOOSEPIMPS. Even my dog could sense the pure joy and he started doing this high pitched bark sing thing I've never seen before which made me laugh so I got him in a headlock and gave him a monkey scrub. Never looked forward to a MOTD as much as last night in my life I don't think.

If you don't believe we're better than that then you're selling the team short. I'd even say we were better when we beat Spurs away in the League because they asked far more questions of us and we never let our concentration slip at all.

But I still believe there's more to our team than has yet been seen. Talk about "amazing" results when it's we who've topped the league for so many weeks of the season still suggests an inferiority complex among some of our fans.

And yet we really could be even further ahead of the pack. And if we were would we still find it amazing to beat teams that have a considerably worse record?

I really don't think Manchester looked anything special today as a unit and their defence looked decidedly vulnerable. We had a great chance to make if 4-0, had two or three other excellent chances and I really believe we could have had five or six if we'd needed to.

They knew it too. I've rarely seen a top-end Premiership side look so panicky at the back - and so vulnerable.

Spurs were a much better all round unit and seemed to demonstrate it again today from what I saw on Match of the Day. Indeed, if we do win the title I'd say our beating of them was the greater achievement. And the next game will be no less of a challenge in its own way.

I think if Chelsea last season had completely dominated Man City away and could have put 5 or 6 past them, they would have called it an amazing result too.

Just because we are top and playing well, it does not give us a right to walk over other good teams, especially when they have very good home records. 

You are being all too cocky about where we are, just because you won a few quid yesterday. 

With your theory then, we should walk all over Arsenal next week. Maybe we will, but it would still be an 'amazing' result if we do.

Well, what a great game that was Man City who? A brilliant day out from start to finish, from the jumbo breakfast in Asda, to the three pints at the ground. Then, to witness our team, my team, play a 223 million pound team off the park. Kante, Drinkwater, Fuchs, Huth, Mahrez and Vardy were all superb.

Even the Manchester weather couldn't dampen the great atmosphere our fans created. Singing no more dandruff towards Hart was a laugh out loud moment. Lost my voice but hey who cares. Bring on the Arsenal next week. Can we do it? Yes, we bloody well can.

Love the Friday wedding bit. Mine - very nearly 50 years ago - was on a Wednesday, and for the same reason. Start as you mean to go on! lol All the very best, by the way.

Archived