Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City (A) post Match thread 1 - 3

I think if Chelsea last season had completely dominated Man City away and could have put 5 or 6 past them, they would have called it an amazing result too.

Just because we are top and playing well, it does not give us a right to walk over other good teams, especially when they have very good home records. 

You are being all too cocky about where we are, just because you won a few quid yesterday. 

With your theory then, we should walk all over Arsenal next week. Maybe we will, but it would still be an 'amazing' result if we do.

I'm not in the least bit "cocky" and have consistently emphasised the need for us to take one match at a time - including the games some of our fans seem to assume we're going to win against so-called weaker sides.

I don't assume anything and how, because I talk of Leicester's potential, you can draw your last line conclusion is totally beyond me.

All my comment has been about our ability and potential performance.

I said Manchester's defence was "panicky" - and nothing at all abut whether Arsenal would be panicky or wouldn't/couldn't play brilliantly against us.

Your comment conveniently ignores my reference to Tottenham being a better side to have beaten and Arsenal will be an equally difficult challenge especially having hit five past us in the home fixture, something Manchester City never threatened to do at the King Power, thus helping confirm my view that our success against them yesterday was not that "amazing" at all by the standards we're setting.

Unless you're in any doubt. I don't believe nor have I in any way implied that we'll "walk all over" Arsenal.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if we needed our genuinely best performance of the season to win but winning needs to be our aim and I see no reason we wouldn't cause them problems in abundance.

A big part of our challenge will be to stop them scoring and I don't think conceding as much ground (unnecessarily), as we did against Manchester City at times will help.

It's our strategy to group our two banks of four fairly deeply, and very effective it is too when done right.

But sometimes we sit back too deep and stop breaking with the same commitment and in the numbers necessary. It happened against Villa as well as Manchester City (in patches) and it always seems to invite trouble. As does giving the ball away cheaply. Or losing our balance and concentration for no reason.

I don't think we can afford to be so inconsistent against Arsenal. Yes, we can win. But we'll need the kind of performance that really shows what our best can be like.

We made them look like a Sunday League team, dismantled them, pulled them apart, hit them ultra hard on the counters, defended like a complete rock. Absolutely amazing. Watched it in a Hotel room in Leeds and totally forgot about my hangover for 90 minutes. Spellbinding stuff.

This is bad for my health.... Struggling to sleep, constantly thinking about and reading about football. Totally absorbed in a way I never have been before. I feel like I need a holiday to get over it all.

I'll see that and raise you with ...   wasting far too much time on football forums, not walking the dogs enough, and ....   blubbing !    

Has anyone noticed how Mahrez has storming games wearing the black kit and Vardy has his best moments in the home kit. It's like they alternate with the kits. I can't believe I'm lucky enough to support this incredible team.

Imagine what we would be like if our kit was changed to blue shirt and black shorts!

I'm not in the least bit "cocky" and have consistently emphasised the need for us to take one match at a time - including the games some of our fans seem to assume we're going to win against so-called weaker sides.

I don't assume anything and how, because I talk of Leicester's potential, you can draw your last line conclusion is totally beyond me.

All my comment has been about our ability and potential performance.

I said Manchester's defence was "panicky" - and nothing at all abut whether Arsenal would be panicky or wouldn't/couldn't play brilliantly against us.

Your comment conveniently ignores my reference to Tottenham being a better side to have beaten and Arsenal will be an equally difficult challenge especially having hit five past us in the home fixture, something Manchester City never threatened to do at the King Power, thus helping confirm my view that our success against them yesterday was not that "amazing" at all by the standards we're setting.

Unless you're in any doubt. I don't believe nor have I in any way implied that we'll "walk all over" Arsenal.

In fact it wouldn't surprise me if we needed our genuinely best performance of the season to win but winning needs to be our aim and I see no reason we wouldn't cause them problems in abundance.

A big part of our challenge will be to stop them scoring and I don't think conceding as much ground (unnecessarily), as we did against Manchester City at times will help.

It's our strategy to group our two banks of four fairly deeply, and very effective it is too when done right.

But sometimes we sit back too deep and stop breaking with the same commitment and in the numbers necessary. It happened against Villa as well as Manchester City (in patches) and it always seems to invite trouble. As does giving the ball away cheaply. Or losing our balance and concentration for no reason.

I don't think we can afford to be so inconsistent against Arsenal. Yes, we can win. But we'll need the kind of performance that really shows what our best can be like.

I don't know how it should be beyond you. You said that people like me who called the result amazing had an inferiority complex because we are above them in the table. 

I then said that you must be expecting similar at Arsenal because we are also above them in the table.

What a performance and result. It's amazing that you see 30% and it seems like we had so much more. Yet we dominated them and apart from everything else it was amazing to see how well beaten man city looked, they were shattered and going through the motions down to how well we were defending combined with our lethal attack. They rallied a little after their goal but it was like they were in a state of shock. If there has to be a winner next week between man city and spurs then I hope it's man city, I'd rather them breathing down our necks than spurs, their breath doesn't smell as bad for a start lol.

I've tended to rely on football to remember years of my life.

I recall going to see City at Roker Park and St James Park when I was at Uni.

The Wembley finals I've associated with getting my first good jobs.

And this year could be the year I get wed AND City win the Premiership! We've even made the wedding a Friday so it don't clash with any games!

Best game in the world is footy.

Nice one mate and congratulations.

Hope your Mrs to be enlightens your football knowledge too :) COYB

And this year could be the year I get wed AND City win the Premiership! We've even made the wedding a Friday so it don't clash with any games!

Is Lee skipping Friday training then? Risky.  :ph34r:

Congratulations to you and Mrs Col. Hope you have many happy years together.

This is bad for my health.... Struggling to sleep, constantly thinking about and reading about football. Totally absorbed in a way I never have been before. I feel like I need a holiday to get over it all.

I wake up in the middle of the night and log in to thiis board. I have taken monday off work so can watch the panthers tonight - just because they have a vague association with Leicester. It's bonkers.

I wake up in the middle of the night and log in to thiis board. I have taken monday off work so can watch the panthers tonight - just because they have a vague association with Leicester. It's bonkers.

I can't stand American football but for the first time in my life I care who wins a game, it's ridiculous lol

Nice one mate and congratulations.

Hope your Mrs to be enlightens your football knowledge too :) COYB

Cmon mate, I think we both know my knowledge on 'all things football' can't really get much better.

:thumbup:

Congratulations to you and Mrs Col. Hope you have many happy years together.

Cheers Trent! I've noticed a paucity of posts from you recently mate.

Despite my train up to Manchester being at 9.30 yesterday, I literally woke up at 6 just so nervous. Never felt like that for ages before a game.

Archived