Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Man City (A) post Match thread 1 - 3

I got blocked by a F****t fan earlier on twitter.

He had said that the league was the "poorest in years", although he added "take nothing away from Leicester", which of course was exactly was he was trying to do. 

I pointed out that the so called big clubs have still got the same players as last season, and no one was saying that the league was poor then, and that if you swapped our position in the league with Chelsea at the moment, no one would be saying it was poor this season either, because all the big guns would be up there, and no little old Leicester to upset the cartell.

Anyway in the end, i had to tell him to enjoy the championship, and he blocked me.  :D

Very good points.

Hi Lads and Lasses,

Man City Fan here in peace (and pieces after yesterday)  Just wanted to say what an absolute joy it was to watch your lads, each and everyone one of your Team put it an superb shift played, some excellent football, outplayed, out classed and out witted us in every conceivable area. And yes I was one of those who stayed to clap your team off, despite young Vardys cheeky little 3 - 0 gesture.

I really hope with hand on heart your boys go on to win title now it will be thoroughly deserved, 

Good luck for the rest of the season and keep showing the football world the real meaning of the Game, True Grit and Determination.

Admins cheers  for approving me.

I don't know how it should be beyond you. You said that people like me who called the result amazing had an inferiority complex because we are above them in the table. 

I then said that you must be expecting similar at Arsenal because we are also above them in the table.

I don't "expect" anything other than the need to be at our best against anyone.

However, we lost 5-2 against Arsenal at home. We just might have won if Vardy had put us 3-0 ahead when we were leading 2-0 but Arsenal still carved enough chances out for the game to have finished 8-5 or something ridiculous.

At times they carved our defence to pieces, something I can't remember being done with anything like the same emphasis all season.

When Manchester City came to Leicester it finished a fairly non-descript draw and, as against Manchester United at home a few weeks earlier, I thought we might well have beaten them if we weren't still suffering a little from the cumulative effects of the Christmas programme and a small, overworked squad.

Rarely did Manchester City present anything like the threat of Arsenal - or Spurs, as already mentioned.

For all that the league table shows Arsenal and Spurs above Manchester City as we speak - and after the same number of games, my view is not based on the league table. It's quite possible Arsenal's style is a lot harder for us to deal with that Manchester's and Tottenham's a little harder. Lots of teams used to have trouble against Stoke even when they were much higher in the league.

So the Manchester game has no bearing on the Arsenal game at all. They're two entirely different challenges but that doesn't mean we won't be competing as equals or that there's any reason we shouldn't do well.

Hi Lads and Lasses,

Man City Fan here in peace (and pieces after yesterday) Just wanted to say what an absolute joy it was to watch your lads, each and everyone one of your Team put it an superb shift played, some excellent football, outplayed, out classed and out witted us in every conceivable area. And yes I was one of those who stayed to clap your team off, despite young Vardys cheeky little 3 - 0 gesture.

I really hope with hand on heart your boys go on to win title now it will be thoroughly deserved,

Good luck for the rest of the season and keep showing the football world the real meaning of the Game, True Grit and Determination.

Admins cheers for approving me.

We're even after Adam Johnson's tapping the Premier League badge in your win against us in the FA cup a few years back then!!

Cheers

I don't "expect" anything other than the need to be at our best against anyone.However, we lost 5-2 against Arsenal at home. We just might have won if Vardy had put us 3-0 ahead when we were leading 2-0 but Arsenal still carved enough chances out for the game to have finished 8-5 or something ridiculous.At times they carved our defence to pieces, something I can't remember being done with anything like the same emphasis all season.When Manchester City came to Leicester it finished a fairly non-descript draw and, as against Manchester United at home a few weeks earlier, I thought we might well have beaten them if we weren't still suffering a little from the cumulative effects of the Christmas programme and a small, overworked squad.Rarely did Manchester City present anything like the threat of Arsenal - or Spurs, as already mentioned.For all that the league table shows Arsenal and Spurs above Manchester City as we speak - and after the same number of games, my view is not based on the league table. It's quite possible Arsenal's style is a lot harder for us to deal with that Manchester's and Tottenham's a little harder. Lots of teams used to have trouble against Stoke even when they were much higher in the league.So the Manchester game has no bearing on the Arsenal game at all. They're two entirely different challenges but that doesn't mean we won't be competing as equals or that there's any reason we shouldn't do well.

We were never 2-0 up against Arsenal?

Things have changed since that game at the King Power..

1. Our defence has improved massively

2. Walcott has gone off the boil

3. Sanchez isn't 100% fit

4. Carzola is injured

5. We've just beaten Liverpool and Man City so our confidence is through the roof

We have a good chance given that Arsenal have that added pressure of playing catch up and their own fans will quickly turn on them if they don't start well in this game.

We're even after Adam Johnson's tapping the Premier League badge in your win against us in the FA cup a few years back then!!

Cheers

Haha touché Steve, but for cheek I don't think anything will beat Adebayors goal celebration against Arsenal back in 2009, now that was something special.

I bloody hate lawrenson. He always makes a snide remark. He ****ed me off earlier on football focus. Really hope we prove him wrong again and again...

Don't know how he still gets on the bbc, have despised him for years. Of all the doubters he would be by far the most satisfying to shut up.

I was on a stag this weekend just gone by, and I watched the Manchester City v Leicester City match in the hope of course that David would slay Goliath. It was fantastic. But before I sat down to watch the match, I popped into a bookies and I put a small bet on Huth to score the first goal. It was just two minutes before kick off, so I scribbled it on the docket, and off I went to watch the game. Within three minutes I was celebrating, a double delight because Leicester took the lead and my bet had come off. So I popped back the twenty yards to the bookies to collect my winnings. I didn't even know the odds when I placed the bet, I hoped maybe 25/1, but to my surprise and deligt Huth was 40/1 for the first goal. Thrilled, but the guy behind the counter tld me to keep my docket because if he scores again I get double the odds. Now no offence Mr Huth. I ve admired you as a rugged no nonsense toughcentre half for years, and a threat at set pieces in the opposing penalty area you certainly always have been, but two goals? in one game? away? at man city? come on...NEVER gonna happen...

The rest I history, and inspired by those two goals, the joy of my 80/1 win, and a drink or two.. I put a song on the juke box, and I dedicate this adaptation to you Mr Huth

Huth only scores twice, or so it seems...One goal for himself, and one for my dreams..

He drifts through the years, and life seems tame..Then out of the blue, scores two in one game..

Now he is a legend, we ll beckon him on, we can dream of the title, now that city have gone.

This dream can come true, so roll the dice, make this dream come true, Huth only scores twice...

Best of luck in the remaining games.

Edwin Ambrose.

Hi Lads and Lasses,

Man City Fan here in peace (and pieces after yesterday)  Just wanted to say what an absolute joy it was to watch your lads, each and everyone one of your Team put it an superb shift played, some excellent football, outplayed, out classed and out witted us in every conceivable area. And yes I was one of those who stayed to clap your team off, despite young Vardys cheeky little 3 - 0 gesture.

Admins cheers  for approving me.

Cheers. Yeah it was great to see opposition fans clap the team off. It sort of happened at Newcastle too - both Vardy and Mahrez were clapped off that day.

I thought we were superior on the day, could have easily been five and it was slightly surreal. Speaking to Manchester City fans on the tram prior to the game my words were "I'd be happy with a point" lol 

Best of luck with your season, as long as you don't finish above us! 

Archived