Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

I Dont want to be mean but schmeichel will probably be killed in champions ( options)

Moya athletico madrid

Casillas Porto

Leño bayer04

Sirigu psg

Bravo barcelona

Transfer talk

l m a o

I Dont want to be mean but schmeichel will probably be killed in champions ( options)

Moya athletico madrid

Casillas Porto

Leño bayer04

Sirigu psg

Bravo barcelona

Transfer talk

Rubbish.  Schmeichel's influence on this team goes way way beyond his goalkeeping ability.  One of our strongest personalities and longest-serving players, his organisation of the defence and ability to start counter attacks are critical to our style of play and a big factor in the confidence that runs through our team.  It's incredibly naive to judge a goalkeeper based purely on how many shots he stops or crosses he catches, its like saying a striker who doesn't score 20 a season isn't worth having.

Has slimani got the pace and workrate like Musa? (i dont know him enough to say)

Musa has the pace, Slimani has the workrate.

Think of Slimani as a Ulloa/Okazaki hybrid and think of Musa as a Vardy without the aggression.

I have a lot of confidence on us getting in the right players so I'm just going to let Walsh & Ranieri get on with it.

It's a great combination, Ranieri will know exactly the type of player he wants and Walsh will be able to pinpoint the suitable player with those attributes.

Just look how Ranieri has organised our defence to being one of the meanest in the world. 17 goals conceded in 25 games is the sort of figures that some of the PL great teams have got and look at our personnel.

Simpson (29) - a reject journeyman from Newcastle & QPR

Fuchs (29) - a free transfer from Schalke

Morgan (32) - a Championship player who never played top flight until past the age of 30

Huth (31) - surplus to requirements at Stoke

People would have looked at that back line at the start of the season and had it down as relegation fodder but they're our foundation to winning the league.

No doubt we'll have three or four new faces in our team come August but I have total confidence on Ranieri & Walsh getting it right.

Here's a question for you all. Would you be happy with us keeping the same back 5 going into the champions league? (Kasper, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs).

Of course we need a new RB/CB to add to our squad depth. But honestly, this back 5's understanding is phenomenal and I'd back them to remain solid in Europe. I don't think we need to fix something which isn't broke!

Here's a question for you all. Would you be happy with us keeping the same back 5 going into the champions league? (Kasper, Simpson, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs).

Of course we need a new RB/CB to add to our squad depth. But honestly, this back 5's understanding is phenomenal and I'd back them to remain solid in Europe. I don't think we need to fix something which isn't broke!

I'd go with the same 5 but sign up a new 2nd choice keeper and a young replacement right back and centre back who can be integrated in

I think SImpson can be extremely proud of his achievements this season. Its hard to know what to say though when the words 'champions league' are mentioned....

Is he champions league quality... or is it sentiment alone to think he has earned the right to have a crack at it?

can we afford to be that luxurious?

Guest CityFan 06

For me yes I'd stick with the five that have proved they are successful as a unit. The key is though, is having enough quality squad depth for both the PL and CL.

The way that we will be playing in the Champions League will be deep and hit on the brake...basically like playing most teams at the start/middle of the season. Simpson is a good defensive player which will be vital (and has been) for this season. He most definitely isn't champions league quality however when you combine all 5 they become a solid unit better than a "name"

The way that we will be playing in the Champions League will be deep and hit on the brake...basically like playing most teams at the start/middle of the season. Simpson is a good defensive player which will be vital (and has been) for this season. He most definitely isn't champions league quality however when you combine all 5 they become a solid unit better than a "name"

I'd agree with that.

Great post.

I think SImpson can be extremely proud of his achievements this season. Its hard to know what to say though when the words 'champions league' are mentioned....

Is he champions league quality... or is it sentiment alone to think he has earned the right to have a crack at it?

can we afford to be that luxurious?

That's why you bring in competition, right? He has the right to first refusal, per se. But this is sport, so he still has to earn his spot like everyone else.

The 11 that we have stuck with for a lot of the season deserve to be the 11 that starts in the first champions league match regardless of who we bring in. Go out there and enjoy the spectacle. I will enjoy the games even if we get a hammering

The 11 that we have stuck with for a lot of the season deserve to be the 11 that starts in the first champions league match regardless of who we bring in. Go out there and enjoy the spectacle. I will enjoy the games even if we get a hammering

Stand still and fall behind.

We have to improve if we can and if that means binning a great servant for more quality then so be it. It's ruthless but you always have to strive for better.

Stand still and fall behind.

We have to improve if we can and if that means binning a great servant for more quality then so be it. It's ruthless but you always have to strive for better.

Our starting 11 will only improve though. With the summer coming up, Claudio will have them working even harder so there's even more opportunity for our first 11 to improve... Individually and as a unit. Our current first 11's togetherness, spirit and desire will only increase if we keep our faith in them.

They deserve to be the starting XI next season. Shinji, Simpson & Albrighton included (the three everyone seems to slate). Yes we need to bring in some quality players in the summer. But they will have to earn their place. 

Guest CityFan 06

foxes21 makes a valid point here. Considering the fantastic work Ranieri has done with sureing up our defence, I'm pretty sure the players as a whole will continue to improve under his management and of course with the other coaches too. Having another season's PL experience for the likes of Drinkwater, Morgan etc will be important, and also, for the players whose first time it is in this league, I can foresee that they will continue to get better and better just like the first group of players did after their first season in the division. The team that achieved the great escape, have all adapted so well to this league, and the table/results in this campaign proves this as well. 

Nevertheless, I'd still bring in some new players because we're probably going to need to have more squad depth for both the Premier League and Europe. But, it's an excellent time for this football club in terms that the current starting 11 will continue to get better , we've got some talented youngsters who could play their part at some stage, and now that we are developing ourselves into a bigger club, we will also be able to attract more quality signings to come here. Future's good for Leicester City.

Our starting 11 will only improve though. With the summer coming up, Claudio will have them working even harder so there's even more opportunity for our first 11 to improve... Individually and as a unit. Our current first 11's togetherness, spirit and desire will only increase if we keep our faith in them.

That is not fact. Some players will certainly improve, but others (and overall team performance) could easily regress. It's presumptuous to think that we can easily stay at this level -- in many other seasons, our points tally would have us competing for that 4th CL spot.

They deserve to be the starting XI next season. Shinji, Simpson & Albrighton included (the three everyone seems to slate). Yes we need to bring in some quality players in the summer. But they will have to earn their place. 

Every player will have to earn his place. This is sport -- there is little room for romanticism. Would I love for the core to continue growing? Yes.

But players who were crucial for us even a few seasons ago: Knocky, Nugent, Dyer, even Moore... all tossed aside ultimately.

Archived