Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Everton linked with a 6m bid for Nani.... I'd personally be all over that always rated him and still can't understand why Man U got rid

And hes better than we have already?

Mahrez? Albrighton? Gray? 

If we are looking to improve the squad we need to be looking higher than that.

There was a reason Man UTD got rid....Not good enough?

I love Morgan and Huth but as I said weeks ago we do need a ball playing CB next season. We can't go to Benfica away and have 30% possession. In away European games you need to be able to keep possession well. Unless you're as good as Atletico Madrid who are basically us on steroids.

Okazaki is another position that we need to look at. His work rate is admirable but we need a #10 who is good on the ball and keeps possession well.

If we can get those 2 positions sorted then I think the rest of the starting eleven will adapt. I don't think that we need drastic changes.

The importance of our 'squad' next year is massive. Without this we could really struggle. Therefore, we will strengthen this summer significantly to our first 11 and to the squad. I can't see any of our so called first 11 leaving this summer and so they will get their chance at CL football. It may not be the first game, but it will come. However, I really think our style of play will suit CL football with teams having greater possession of the ball and us soaking it all up and hitting people on the break....

Our starting 11 will only improve though. With the summer coming up, Claudio will have them working even harder so there's even more opportunity for our first 11 to improve... Individually and as a unit. Our current first 11's togetherness, spirit and desire will only increase if we keep our faith in them.

They deserve to be the starting XI next season. Shinji, Simpson & Albrighton included (the three everyone seems to slate). Yes we need to bring in some quality players in the summer. But they will have to earn their place.

Ya i linda agree

I'd put a bid in for van dijk from Southampton from what I've seen of him.

Big, strong, good with his feet.

Was excellent on sunday

Not sure about him as a person.

I'd put a bid in for van dijk from Southampton from what I've seen of him.

Big, strong, good with his feet.

Was excellent on sunday

They paid £13m for him a year a go and he's been a success, how much do you want to pay for a centre half?

Guest CityFan 06

Fully agree about Sigurðsson. I've rated him for a while now, and I think he would be a great signing for us if possible. He's scored 9 goals this season, that's impressive. Not only does he score goals but his overall play is good and he assists goals for others too. Quality player.

One of the difficulties of any potential signings this summer is that on the one hand you want players of international quality... yet on the other, we don't want a situation where we've got a load of players who've had a tough Euro's schedule, no break and are expected to hit the ground running.

This will be potentially one of the hardest transfer windows to get right.

They paid £13m for him a year a go and he's been a success, how much do you want to pay for a centre half?

Looking at least double that I'd say. They got like £20m for Lovren right and van Djik is a much better player

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/05/why-gylfi-sigurdsson-is-the-perfect-summer-signing-for-leicester/

Get him in. Ideal for us. Said it before, would love this to happen, to replace Okazaki (harsh, I know, but progressive). His work rate is underrated.

Its an easy call to make on paper - Sigurdssons good with his feet, scores and creates goals and could do very well in a position many see as a weak spot. 

Similar to my posts previously in this thread about Bony, i disagree. Or at least, i disagree on the basis of our current style of play. To have him in our team would require a completely different style of play. You say his work rate is underated, but all the swans season ticket holders i know tell me there is no real workrate from him in a defensive capacity. Think of Shinji's workrate and a like for like just wouldn't work.  Its also worth remembering how poor he was at Spurs - he seems to be a player that thrives on being the big fish in a small pond. 

He's clearly a talented player, and i'd back Walsh and Ranieri if we did sign him, but based on the above, i don't think he's a player that will be on our radar! 

Would van Djik really come to us? He left Celtic and European football to go to Southampton .. would his head really be turned?

It is better to be playing in a good premier league side than in Scotland even if it is for Celtic so I see why he made that move. Not saying he would come here but we are in a much better position than Celtic could ever be

The key to this summer's investment is of course the quality of the player but equally important is that they fit in with the current squad. One ego in the dressing room could ruin everything we have going on.

everything we have going on cant be all that if one ego can ruin it.

Its an easy call to make on paper - Sigurdssons good with his feet, scores and creates goals and could do very well in a position many see as a weak spot. 

Similar to my posts previously in this thread about Bony, i disagree. Or at least, i disagree on the basis of our current style of play. To have him in our team would require a completely different style of play. You say his work rate is underated, but all the swans season ticket holders i know tell me there is no real workrate from him in a defensive capacity. Think of Shinji's workrate and a like for like just wouldn't work.  Its also worth remembering how poor he was at Spurs - he seems to be a player that thrives on being the big fish in a small pond. 

He's clearly a talented player, and i'd back Walsh and Ranieri if we did sign him, but based on the above, i don't think he's a player that will be on our radar!

Mahrez isn't/wasn't a hard working player either but it has been drilled into him and now he keeps his shape and tracks runners. If we can instil work rate into Mahrez I'm sure we can with Sigurdsson.

Also, at Tottenham he was younger, now he's 26 and matured, and I think he'd be a good signing for us. 10 goals for a struggling Swansea side is impressive.

Archived