Sign in to follow this  
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

The key to this summer's investment is of course the quality of the player but equally important is that they fit in with the current squad. One ego in the dressing room could ruin everything we have going on.

everything we have going on cant be all that if one ego can ruin it.

Its an easy call to make on paper - Sigurdssons good with his feet, scores and creates goals and could do very well in a position many see as a weak spot. 

Similar to my posts previously in this thread about Bony, i disagree. Or at least, i disagree on the basis of our current style of play. To have him in our team would require a completely different style of play. You say his work rate is underated, but all the swans season ticket holders i know tell me there is no real workrate from him in a defensive capacity. Think of Shinji's workrate and a like for like just wouldn't work.  Its also worth remembering how poor he was at Spurs - he seems to be a player that thrives on being the big fish in a small pond. 

He's clearly a talented player, and i'd back Walsh and Ranieri if we did sign him, but based on the above, i don't think he's a player that will be on our radar!

Mahrez isn't/wasn't a hard working player either but it has been drilled into him and now he keeps his shape and tracks runners. If we can instil work rate into Mahrez I'm sure we can with Sigurdsson.

Also, at Tottenham he was younger, now he's 26 and matured, and I think he'd be a good signing for us. 10 goals for a struggling Swansea side is impressive.

John Terry has picked seven Leicester players in his 'team of the year' selections. Probably wants to come here next season.

I'd take him, if he's willing to play team defense and sit on the bench most of the time. 

Mahrez isn't/wasn't a hard working player either but it has been drilled into him and now he keeps his shape and tracks runners. If we can instil work rate into Mahrez I'm sure we can with Sigurdsson.

Also, at Tottenham he was younger, now he's 26 and matured, and I think he'd be a good signing for us. 10 goals for a struggling Swansea side is impressive.

Sigurdsson is rated quite highly by many. I hope we make a play for him, because if we don't - someone else certainly will.

Mahrez was a young player plucked from obscurity who has adapted his game as he's grown and improved to ensure the defensive side of his game suits what we need.

Sigurdsson is a 26 year old Icelandic International who's played at the highest level for years - Do you really think the 2 are comparable?

For the record, i like Sigurdsson, he is a good player and i'd be more than happy if we did sign him. I'm stating why i honestly don't think we will, he doesn't suit our style of play and i think this would be easily identified by our fantastic scouting system. I'm sure there will be better players that do suit out style of play that will be more likely.

The new Hossein Kaebi?

Edited by Finnaldo

My laptop has a translate page button, so this is what it says in English apparently. Thought it was easier to just do an attachment.

:post-19049-0-06917700-1460043939_thumb.p

Didn't expect to find a North Korean on that. If we could sign any of these lot it would be good, maybe we'll go in for that Pereira again. 

imagine signing him next season

we win the league again and the champions league, fa cup

kim jong un is so proud of his little dprk wonderkid he softens on western culture, dismantles all the nukes, world peace

basically written the sequel to that leicester film

• Like 1

For a back up GK, Remy Vercoutre from Caen (Kante's old club). Lots of experience and he's completed the most long balls of any GK in Europe.

Report: Leicester City want Vitoria Guimares goalie Miguel Silva, but Sporting Lisbon provide stumbling block

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/04/07/report-leicester-city-want-vitoria-guimares-goalie-miguel-silva/?

I don't see the point in going after a 21-year old Portuguese keeper in his first season in a rather mediocre league. Plus imagine all the squabbling with Sporting involved.

We've already allegedly signed a young talent in Iversen.