Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Was just about to post this.

If we sign him my head will explode! This kid is the real deal!

Apparently every club in Europe is after him and he is tipped to win a ballon D'or in the future. The kid is a real class act and is also two footed.

Apparently you have to convince his mum over his future, surely a heft pay rise, premier league football with the champions, champions league football and the rise of both Mahrez & Kante could put us in the driving seat.

It's funny how quickly people forget. Matty James was brilliant for us last year. Let's not write him off for no good reason. As for King, when has he ever let us down?

It's funny how quickly people forget. Matty James was brilliant for us last year. Let's not write him off for no good reason. As for King, when has he ever let us down?

Yes James was good for us, in a season in which we spent the majority of it at the bottom of the table and only finished 14th. If we're competing in the champions league we need better.

Yes James was good for us, in a season in which we spent the majority of it at the bottom of the table and only finished 14th. If we're competing in the champions league we need better.

A lot of the side playing today contributed to that 14th placed finish - you suggesting they're not good enough as well?

Perosnally, I think it's stupid to completely right off the guy at this stage, given any player can improve dramatically in the right circumstances. Let him recover from his injury / get some game time under his belt and then make a more informed judgement - if Danny and N'golo go to the Euro's we'll need a couple of midfielders to start for them next season anyway.

A lot of the side playing today contributed to that 14th placed finish - you suggesting they're not good enough as well?

Perosnally, I think it's stupid to completely right off the guy at this stage, given any player can improve dramatically in the right circumstances. Let him recover from his injury / get some game time under his belt and then make a more informed judgement - if Danny and N'golo go to the Euro's we'll need a couple of midfielders to start for them next season anyway.

Fair point, but do you really want James as third or fourth choice next season, right now? Or would you hope for someone better?

And I'm not writing him off, I'd like him to stay but I'd prefer more choices in midfield.

Fair point, but do you really want James as third or fourth choice next season, right now? Or would you hope for someone better?

How can I even make a judgement right now? He hasn't played!

Put it this way - he's likely to be in the squad, so I'm fine by that - then it's down to the manager what role he plays. What you're saying about James right now, a lot of people were saying about Drinkwater at the start of the season.

And I'm not writing him off, I'd like him to stay but I'd prefer more choices in midfield.

I really like James so hope he can make his mark at the club again. He will get his chance next season as he is well thought of by the staff and players. I think we will struggle to find anyone better than Matty to be happy with being 3rd/4th choice next season even if we are champions and in the CL. Better experienced players that are happy on the bench are usually in the decline of their career path and on big wages.

Yup it's such a shame as I can't see him ever playing for us again.

How can people judge James' future at the club!?

He has always been a good player for us. It's unfortunate how his season ended last year with a very serious injury.

I think until pre-season you will be able to judge more on James' future to see how strong he comes back, I'm sure with the success of the team, depth with Inler and King and James still being in the early stages of his career the management would rather not rush his return to first team football and ensure he is fully 100%

FireFox, if he does choose Leicester (I doubt it) then we will have a real star on our books.

Pretty much every big club in Europe is tracking him.

Hopefully the way Mahrez and Kante have developed this year will make him consider us as the right move.

Fingers crossed ....

Idk why, but 16m for a 19 year old leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Archived